Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 9:44:06 PM EDT
Whatever happened to this ARF campaign? No more Infidels here??  

Edited to comply with staff policy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
No. That word does not apply to me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Wearing the shirt right now. Wore it all day too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember when nearly everyone had it in there sig? Ahhh the good old days...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you a Muslim?  If not, in the modern and accepted context of the word "kafir, kofar, etc.," you most certainly are that word.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a Muslim?  If not, in the modern and accepted context of the word "kafir, kofar, etc.," you most certainly are that word.

I read in a thread a while ago that it means "untouched by God" or something of that nature. If that is the case, then the term does not apply to me. If that is not the case, then I retract my previous statement.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read in a thread a while ago that it means "untouched by God" or something of that nature. If that is the case, then the term does not apply to me. If that is not the case, then I retract my previous statement.

Untouched by Allah.  If that's the definition you subscribe to (and there are a couple), then it's up to you to determine if Allah and the Judeo-Christian God are one and the same.  They certainly don't read even close to similar.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Untouched by Allah.  If that's the definition you subscribe to (and there are a couple), then it's up to you to determine if Allah and the Judeo-Christian God are one and the same.  They certainly don't read even close to similar.

Being a follower of the Norse ethos I'm an infidel to both the cult of muhammed and the nailed-god Roman cult.

Doesn't mean I'm gong to wear a T-shirt with arab runes on it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]
IIRC (its been a while) - Mods expressed a policy that posts be in English.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whatever happened to this ARF campaign? No more Infidels here??  

See my sigline.  Fuckin' proud one, right here.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being a follower of the Norse ethos I'm an infidel to both the cult of muhammed and the nailed-god Roman cult.

And away we go!

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Dang it–– missed that one.. off to edit the title.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang it–– missed that one.. off to edit the title.

Don't edit it on my memory.  If they want you to change it - they'll probably say so.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And away we go!

What? No one has got their togas in a wad yet.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm rocking mine in my sigline.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allah = God.
not a different god, but the same God.
Infidel means non believer (of God).
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Untouched by Allah.  If that's the definition you subscribe to (and there are a couple), then it's up to you to determine if Allah and the Judeo-Christian God are one and the same.  They certainly d on't read even close to similar.

Allah = God.

Allah = God?
If that is true they why are you imperiling your soul by not becoming a Muslim? You know, contrary to popular opinion, Christians and Jews don't get to go to heaven according to the Koran.

Unbelievers are those that say:
"God is the Messiah, the son of Mary." For the Messiah himself said:
"Children of Israel, serve God, my Lord and your Lord."
He that worships other gods besides God, God will deny him Paradise,
and the fire shall be his home. None shall help the evil-doers.
–– Sura 5:72

I hope you got some Sunscreen........... you're gonna need it!!   Muhahahahahahahaha!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Untouched by Allah.  If that's the definition you subscribe to (and there are a couple), then it's up to you to determine if Allah and the Judeo-Christian God are one and the same.  They certainly d on't read even close to similar.

Allah = God.

Allah = God?
If that is true they why are you imperiling your soul by not becoming a Muslim? You know, contrary to popular opinion, Christians and Jews don't get to go to heaven according to the Koran.

I hope you got some Sunscreen........... you're gonna need it!!   Muhahahahahahahaha!!!

Umm, I think youve got it wrong.

Ask an arabic speaking Christian what how they say God and the answer will be "Allah"

"Allah" is not a separate entity....it is just how God is translated into arabic

I am a Christian, but to be honest, I feel a little strange wearing something that basically says Im a heathen.  There is a better term for Christians, as stated in that other thread that was referred to.  

"Kafir" would be something a Christian would call an athiest...for example.

You are caught up in the "which god are they referring to?" when its not that hes saying they are the SAME god, its just HOW you say "God" in Arabic
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#20]
In my opinion the crusades effectively settled the "is it the same god?" argument once and for all. The answer is no. They may claim it is, but that doesn't make it the case.

The Romans claimed Thor was really Hercules and Odin was Jupiter. That was bullshit too. Just because the christians and moslems are too stupid to know the name of their god for identification doesn't change the matter.

They both spent centuries trying to kill each other at the command of their god... Still are effectively... To me regardless of what they claim that negates the possibility of it being the same god... Unless he's just pitting the two against each other for fun like a dog fighter.
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Allah = God.

Allah = God?

I hope you got some Sunscreen........... you're gonna need it!!  

Muhahahahahahahaha!!!

Ask an arabic speaking Christian what how they say God and the answer will be "Allah"

"Allah" is not a separate entity....it is just how God is translated into arabic

I am a Christian, but to be honest, I feel a little strange wearing something that basically says Im a heathen.  There is a better term for Christians, as stated in that other thread that was referred to.  

You are caught up in the "which god are they referring to?" when its not that hes saying they are the SAME god, its just HOW you say "God" in Arabic

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:10:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allah = God.

My point was that many Christians and Jews would argue that just because Muslims claim their deity is the same as the Christian God, doesn't mean it actually is.  I realize the Islamic tradition says Allah is the same as the Christian God.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allah = God.

Allah = God?

Kafir can be used for both atheist and someone who chooses to ignore Allah's will by not being a Muslim.  Same effective thing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:11:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allah = God.

Allah = God?

Actually the word "ALLAH" came in to POPULAR usage for "god" (Any god) in arabic after the Expansion of Islam into the middle east. Prior to that Christians in the middle east did NOT use that word, simply because they did not speak arabic. Still doesn't mean its the same god. Perfect example is the Norse people. In English "God" is derived from the "germanic" word "GOT". When norse priests referred to Odin or Wotan they said "Got". Later when Christianity came around they called Jesus "got".  so does Odin = Jesus? Nope.

Im not stupid, i know that Muhammud Claims that the "God" of Israel spoke to him. But guess what? So did Joseph Smith!

So....now you got a choice, either become a Muslim or a Mormon! if you become a muslim and YOU ARE WRONG you'll end up in Mormon hell. If you become a Mormon and you are wrong you'll end up in Muslims hell.........Somehow i think the Muslim hell will be a lot worse!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:12:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes,

Where are the atheists here?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:12:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the modern context of that word?  What would 99% of muslims say it is?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:14:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you tell me what word Christians that speak arabic say when they say "God"?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:15:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allah = God.

Allah = God?

Kafir can be used for both atheist and someone who chooses to ignore Allah's will by not being a Muslim.  Same effective thing.

Maybe by some, but not by most.

Even in arabic, words mean things.  Unless you play the lib game and try to twist meanings to suit your agenda.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:18:31 AM EDT
[#28]

I've got the t-shirt too

When a muslim refers to allah , he is referring to the islamic god of the qur'an.

Since that is their ONLY god........they refer to those who do not follow islamic teachings,by allah, as an infidel.

At least thats how it was explained to me by a Palestinian Christian whom I was working with in Cairo.

It makes sense to me anyway..........but feel free to continue to lump us all into one god-fearing group if you must, but be assured.......there are some whose views havent been warped by the MSM and their liberal , PC cronies.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#29]
You guys are waaaay behind the power curve here.  I had infidel on my dog tags back in 1990.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top