Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:47:22 PM EDT
I was driving to Vineland from Runnemeade last week and saw a large  bird circling the road between two overpasses. As I got closer, I saw it was a young bald eagle. Nice to see they are in the area - had  not seen one in quite a while.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen a few in my area. Around Sardis Lake in Lafayette Co.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
They're beautiful and majestic birds. A co-worker of mine is lucky enough to have an Eagle's nest in his big backyard, he gets to watch them divebomb the creek in his yard and pull out some fish with their talons. Pretty cool to watch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I use to see alot of them next to the Commodore Barry Bridge when my tug was working on the Delaware River.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]

When I lived in South Jersey, I worked in Bridgeton. Used to see them all the time down there especially close to the river. One of my buddies grand parents owned farm land near Salem,  Bald Eagles took up nesting on his land so he sold the land to the state as a wild life conservation area.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
During the dead of winter we have a large number of bald eagles around here.  They catch fish on the open water below the lock and dams along the Mississippi river.  Most head north after winter is over, but I have seen breeding pairs in the middle of summer on one of the small tributaries.  I once had a mature bald eagle dive down from a tall cottonwood tree and try to catch a wood duck within about twenty or so feet from me while I was in my kayak.  It was a very awesome experience!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
so someone in NY threw out a bald eagle?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bald Eagle in south Jersey

What exit?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:27:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bald Eagle in south Jersey

What exit?

I saw one at exit 45 on RT 55....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:33:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I have seen one several times at a farm about a half mile from my house.  Pretty impressive.

Jane

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#10]
That's one of the great things about living near the Potomac - several bald eagles live in the area.  Plus, when I go fishing on Dogue Creek near Mt. Vernon, I almost always see one hunting.

I've seen them near Princeton, NJ also.  They truly are magnificent animals.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Hah, I used to drive past Vineland on Rte 55 to get to my shore house in Avalon years ago.

Lots of golden eagles and other raptors to be sighted near Hawk Mountain (near Hamburg PA), about 90 mins from Philadephia.  You can stop by the Cabela's store and then take a hike to see the birds.  I do that hike every year or so; good times.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:43:46 AM EDT
[#12]
there are literally thousands here where I live see them on a daily basis, seen them grab salmon out of the bay, ducks out of the lake, nests with young hatchlings it's like NatGeo in my back yard
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I've seen them too, they're not too common in my area (Central Jersey) but I have seen them on occasion. They seem to be much more common in South Jersey for some reason.

Of course, there will be someone along any minute to claim that it's impossible for Jersey to have any rural areas or Bald Eagle population as it's one "gigantic toxic waste dump dotted with oil refineries"...
It's not. There are some very nice areas of Jersey that would surprise someone not familiar with this state, trust me. Crooked state govt and libtard infestation does suck though :)
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#14]
WA is lousy with them.  AK has even more.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was driving to Vineland from Runnemeade last week and saw a large  bird circling the road between two overpasses. As I got closer, I saw it was a young bald eagle. Nice to see they are in the area - had  not seen one in quite a while.

UNPOSSIBLE.  EcoWarriors have told us that it is not possible for animals to adapt to humans and to repopulate.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

UNPOSSIBLE.  EcoWarriors have told us that it is not possible for animals to adapt to humans and to repopulate.

Especially in Jersey, which is a gigantic toxic waste dump dotted with oil refineries.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Making a good come back in my area as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially in Jersey, which is a gigantic toxic waste dump dotted with oil refineries.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top