Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:49:11 PM EDT
Man, I join the ranks of the unemployed today.  I worked for a small IT consulting and outsourcing company, on the outsourcing side, and one of our customers fired us unexpectedly, and didn't give us a chance to compete for the contract that is replacing ours.  It hurt the revenue too much.  I think I'm the first person the company has ever laid off in their near 20 year history.

It sucks because I liked my job, and I loved the company I worked for.  The people I worked with were great and fun to work with.  

Oh well.  Good thing is, though that after posting on FB about my predicament, I already had four friends call me and offer some very effective help.  Luckily a couple friends have lots of connections.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Keep your chin up.  Good to know you've got mates out there looking out for ya too!

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Best of luck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure is good to have friends...I'm sure you'll land on your feet soon!

HH
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Keep your chin up.  Good to know you've got mates out there looking out for ya too!

Yeah, it's awesome that I posted on FB and within 45 minutes, I already had friends calling.  I hope this works out like the last time I got laid off - I ended up with a better job and a better situation.  The only problem is this time I only have a month worth of pay... last time I had three months, and could have probably lived off of that for 4-6 if I needed to.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Lies.  Economy is fixed.  Seriously though, sorry to hear that.  I've been unemployed for 7 months now.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Been there, done that, always ended up in a better place after.

Take a day to relax, be pissed off, get drunk, then hit the 'finding a new job' routine full time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Well that blows.

Hope you land another one soon.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the words of support, guys.  It means a lot.  Friends have already told me that if I were to lose my house, I have a place to stay.  I hope it won't come to that, but who knows?  

I'm going to find my resume and try to start working on it tonight.  Maybe hang out with the Captain a little, as well, because, well, THIS SUCKS.   hehe

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top