Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:47:02 PM EDT
I hate it. Makes the evenings darker. The date we do it changed a few years ago. Supposed to save us energy or some BS. Instead it costs companies billions to recode computer programs to make that change. Problems persist still. Lets just readjust in spring and leave it there.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Hate.

Let the seasons be the seasons.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It always throws me off.  I spend a lot of time outdoors and get used to knowing what time it is by the light.  Instead of gradual changes, they change it by an hour.  Its not even 7PM and i'm ready to go to bed.  I woke up at 5:40am and had the feeling I was running behind all day.  i hate it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
But... it's for the children!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't love it or hate it. I just wish they'd pick a time and stick with it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Move it half a fucking hour and leave it the FUCK alone.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
It wasn't so bad until congress fucked around with it and made it longer.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hate it. Makes the evenings darker.

No it doesn't. It makes them brighter.

You do realize that we just changed back to standard time now, right?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
No problem with leaving the nationwide *time* constant (allowing for zones of course), but changing local school starting/closing times to seasonally adjust for daylight conditions.  I say split the difference and meet each hour halfway and call it good.

Eventually businesses and such would adjust to seasonal times if they so desired, but it would be their choice, not some nationally mandated invented hour.

-Gator
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people don't realize this, among other things....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
It doesn't concern me.

AB
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Kill it with fire.  No more DST please.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Hate it

During standard time, if I go straight from work to the range, I can get in maybe 40 minutes of range time after work.  Now, it's almost pitch ass dark when I leave work
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I love it, I wish they'd just keep the DST time all year round.

In the summer, who honestly minds that extra hour of daylight? Are you guys in a mood to go to bed earlier?

That alone makes it worth it to me. I do wish it was standardized so there's no "some in/some out", but I fucking LOVE the extra sunshine.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#14]
For the haters- why don't we just have one national time since it's so hard for you to adjust a few clocks?  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hate it

During standard time, if I go straight from work to the range, I can get in maybe 40 minutes of range time after work.  Now, it's almost pitch ass dark when I leave work

WE ARE NOW ON STANDARD TIME.

DST is also known as "summer time" (I believe the European time zones that use DST refer to it as such officially.)
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I can't get over the sheer arrogance of the federal government thinking it can control time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people don't realize this, among other things....

I think what he was referring to was that when we change to standard time in the fall, it suddenly gets darker and hour earlier.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Move it half a fucking hour and leave it the FUCK alone.

Now, now...  Don't go injecting rational thought into the discussion.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Being from Indiana, I was used to not changing our clocks.... then the stupids in the Statehouse changed their minds and voted for DST,   I absolutely hate it.   Not to mention it has been proven to actually WASTE money, not save it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I love DST, it's Standard time that pisses me off.    
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Daylight savings time SUCKS ASS. It needs to be ended. Permanently. Either it's standard time all the time, or daylight savings time all the time, but pick one time and leave it alone.

Quoted:
That alone makes it worth it to me. I do wish it was standardized so there's no "some in/some out", but I fucking LOVE the extra sunshine.

Get up an hour earlier. Voila.

Quoted:
Being from Indiana, I was used to not changing our clocks.... then the stupids in the Statehouse changed their minds and voted for DST,   I absolutely hate it.   Not to mention it has been proven to actually WASTE money, not save it.

Yep, this. It doesn't save anything.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#22]
It's fucking retarded. Keep DST and stop dicking with clocks twice a year.

Go fuck yourself, G.V. Hudson.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#23]
The last time I saw a poll that lopsided I think it was O's approval rating

For the record DST sucks...

IMPEACH OBAMA
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Hate it, and grateful we don't observe that silly fecking nonsense here in AZ.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe I'm looking at it like a simpleton but it gave me an extra hour to sleep this week so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I think the poll is OK, but, I think most voters have no idea they're voting they hate "summer" time...  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get up an hour earlier. Voila.

My schedule doesn't change by the
season, nor do my working hours. I enjoy, therefore that extra bit of
daytime. Sorry, I do and no amount of "I hate it" will make it less
enjoyable.
I dig it.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I like it better than Standard time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think the poll is OK, but, I think most voters have no idea they're voting they hate "summer" time...  

The time remaining consistent throughout the year has absolutely zero effect on my (or your) opportunity to enjoy the summer.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, on the bright side, it was almost light when I went for my run this morning.

On the other hand, it's almost dark no (4:25 PM)
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#31]
It's bad because it confuses the farm animals. I mean, they don't really know what's going on without the roosters to tell them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Love it.  Going back to standard time sucks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Hate it.

Prefer DST

Would rather have the light in the evenings than in the mornings.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Bullshit from start to finish!

Pick a time and stick to it...case closed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I hate it. Makes the evenings darker. The date we do it changed a few years ago. Supposed to save us energy or some BS. Instead it costs companies billions to recode computer programs to make that change. Problems persist still. Lets just readjust in spring and leave it there.

-Foxxz

The winter timing is actually the correct time. In the summer is when it's an hour off.

FWIW, i love it in the fall because I get an extra hour of sleep, I hate it in the spring because I lose an hour of sleep.

But overall, I'd rather we just did away with it.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Do not like......After work cannot do anything outdoors or hunt  but for an hour or slightly more.More time for chores in rural areas too.As for school kids no big deal as they got the lights on in schools whether daylight or not anyway and as far as savings little or none as what lights are used in the dark now will get used in the morning..leave it alone every spring and fall
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hate it

WE ARE NOW ON STANDARD TIME.

DST is also known as "summer time" (I believe the European time zones that use DST refer to it as such officially.)

Scratch my vote then, I didn't realize now is standard time....

Give me the extra sunlight! Coming home from work and barely being able to take the dog out before dark sucks.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Ever notice how you feel out of sorts for a week or so when the time changes, especially "springing ahead" in springtime?  The effect on your body is the same as jet lag, takes maybe ten days to adjust to it.  As for me, I'm no fan of daylight savings time.  The sun should be south at noon, not at 1pm.

Actually, the sun is due south at noon just four times a year(disregarding DST).  At risk of actually LEARNING something, check out the equation of time.  Along that line, ever wonder what the figure 8 on a globe or map means?  You can learn about it here (it's got the word 'anal' in it, maybe that'll pique your curiosity).
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#39]
It has it's upsides. Driving in the morning is okay now since I don't need headlights or high beams. I can see the school kids in the morning that walk on the side of the road just in case one falls into the road (it happens a lot in FL). However, it's dark at 6pm.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#40]
A wise Indian once said, "only the White Man in Washington would think that if you cut off one end of a blanket, and sew it back on the other end, you would have a longer blanket."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I think it's a PITA.   I wish we could be done with it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Standard time sucks ass.  I hate rush hour being in the dark.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was confused on what the OP was actually asking..  I personally love DST - I hate it getting dark at 430 to 5 now.. Those poor alaskans - I dont see how they handle winter..

b
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I hate it...this just HAD to be the government's idea to help "the people"
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

IMHO - This entire post and poll are a huge FAIL on so many levels due to the OP and other poster not knowing what we just left DST..

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I hate it. My eleven month old is going ape shit right now because he thinks it's time to go to bed. He usually hits the rack at 1830.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#47]
We should stay on Daylight Savings Time.

There's no reason to live in a world were it gets dark at 6pm.

EDIT: Poll fail since nobody realizes what DST is.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#48]
I HATE IT! Just as soon as it gets cool enough in FL for me to work outside after work DST kicks in and it's dark.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#49]
LOVE IT.  

Early to bed, Early to rise.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hate.

Let the seasons be the seasons.

Like my grandfather said, "Make the bankers get out of bed and be at work at 7 like everyone else. HELL, getting to work at 9 when the morning is half over is just lazy. Make the lazy bastards get up on time and leave my clock alone."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top