Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 10:34:35 AM EDT
I stopped in today to drop off lunch from Panera as a thank you gesture to the CLEO for signing off on my NFA toys - he's done it many times and always with in 24 hours.

When I walked in, one of the dispatchers say: you're the gun guy - looks like I have a reputation already

I extended an invitation to the Chief and his officers to shoot my toys anytime

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
That is awesome, I have the same type of LEOs in my town as well.  The first time I talked to the Sheriff was at a local gun show.  He tried helping me convince the wife that I needed a new Kimber, but she didn't budge.    I really wanted that 1911.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]
It is good to have them as friends, but hide the dogs!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#3]
what county?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

what county?

NE Franklin

and i was surprised how appreciative they were of free food!

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
yes it is nice to have them on your side
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#6]
damn!  you got me excited for a second.  every time i see my local sheriff he gives me the run around about signing off.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds great.

Wish our chief was like that.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what county?

NE Franklin

Now you've gone and messed up.  Feeding cops is worse than feeding racoons or bears.  They'll always associate you with yummy Panera goodness, and seriously cool guns.

I ran into a friend getting a CLEO sign off the other day.  He's a regular down there.  It was not exactly the kind of scene most here on Afrcom associate with meeting with "the Man".  Everyone was trying to weasel an invite to shoot the new can.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sounds great.

I highly doubt our chief will sign off on forms for his officers, even SWAT guys.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

damn!  you got me excited for a second.  every time i see my local sheriff he gives me the run around about signing off.

our CLEO was like that when I first approached him several years ago for my first sign-off on a suppressor - he wasn't going to since he never did before.

after talking to me in person, i was able to convince him and ever since it's automatic now

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds great.

I highly doubt our chief will sign off on forms for his officers, even SWAT guys.

Thank someone for the 'trust' route!

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds great.

Our chief doesn't even follow some of our simple state LAWS.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
what county?

NE Franklin and i was surprised how appreciative they were of free food!

Heh - you haven't hung out with too many police or firemen I take it?  They are all over free food like fleas on a dog.  

Of course, the same is true of everyone here in my non-police, non-fireman office.  Myself included.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what county?

NE Franklin

Heh - you haven't hung out with too many police or firemen I take it?  They are all over free food like fleas on a dog.  

Of course, the same is true of everyone here in my non-police, non-fireman office.  Myself included.

i'm in hospital sales, so i'm use to feeding docs and rn.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Our LEOs won't sign for anything. Thank goodness for the trust route.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't like cops much. I would prefer to never interact with one again. Having stated that, I have a great deal of respect for my local PD officers. In the 17 years that I have lived here, I have interacted with them on numerous occasions to include being hooked up at gun point. With one minor exception, they have always conducted themselves as professional police officers and I consider them to be the crown jewel of my municipal services.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]
What did you get?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What did you get?

AAC M4-2000 and two blackout mounts

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I stopped in today to drop off lunch from Panera as a thank you gesture to the CLEO for signing off on my NFA toys - he's done it many times and always with in 24 hours.

When I walked in, one of the dispatchers say: you're the gun guy - looks like I have a reputation already

CSB
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Now you done it.

The day you stop  bringing them lunch hide the dog!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I only hope my county is that easy to work with when I get around to getting my M4-2000.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CSB

CSB?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#23]
never invite the man into your life

edit for spelling
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#24]
My sheriff used to own the local gun store and shooting range. Bought his son an AR15 for high school graduation.

GR
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
never invite the man into your live

Hmmm.....Interesting. And it's life, not live.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
never invite the man into your live

Hmmm.....Interesting. And it's life, not live.

edited for spelling its common sense to not invite the local yokals over to shoot your guns and see what ya got someone on afcom told me so
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That is awesome, I have the same type of LEOs in my town as well.  The first time I talked to the Sheriff was at a local gun show.  He tried helping me convince the wife that I needed a new Kimber, but she didn't budge.    I really wanted that 1911.

Sooooo why didn't you get the Kimber regardless?  

OP: That's awesome! Sounds like you have a stand up Local Police Force Its guys like you describe that make it all worth while
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
what county?

Little known secret outside of LE...  You can leave money or guns laying around for months at a time and no one will touch them.  Food and ammo will dissapear within hours.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

NA LEO?

Wow, I never figured them as signing off.

yep!

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#31]
My CoP doesn't even want us sheeple to have CCW permits.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought cops could not take free food and drinks while on duty?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
what county?

Cops like free anything.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#34]
your gesture of kindness is nice... however i look at it differently.
why do you need to ask for their permission if you are legally allowed to own such a item?
i find it hypocritical to let the decision rest on a CLEO of where you live. who are they to say you do not need or deserve a SBR or suppressor or full auto?
the trust route is the way to go though... no double taxation when you pass away  and want to have your kids or family inherit your NFA toys.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
what county?  What alternate reality?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
your gesture of kindness is nice... however i look at it differently.
why do you need to ask for their permission if you are legally allowed to own such a item?
i find it hypocritical to let the decision rest on a CLEO of where you live. who are they to say you do not need or deserve a SBR or suppressor or full auto?
the trust route is the way to go though... no double taxation when you pass away  and want to have your kids or family inherit your NFA toys.

I argee but.... It is not the fault of the local CLEO that is the way the law is written. He is to be commended for supporting your rights when he does have the final say.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
what county?

Oh Yeah!!  I bring the security guys (all ex- cops or military) where I work food all the time, when they have firearms they wanna sell I ALWAYS get first dibs and great deals.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

While giving him lunch is a nice gesture, it's a bad idea. If an ATF agent doesn't like you, they could claim that was a bribe.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#39]
That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#40]
My CLEO wont do it. Says he knows it is legal, just doesnt want to do it

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Wait, you're known to your local police department as "the gun guy"?

Hide your dog.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

My CoP doesn't even want us sheeple to have CCW permits.

Same here. State law is shall issue, he just doesn't.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Wait, you're known to your local police department as "the gun guy"?

Hide your dog.

it's a small police department and we are still officially considered a "village"  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top