Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]

My dogs will stay weaponized
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]
There's something very Orwellian about the continuing call to ban things to prevent violence.

It's kind of like in 1984 when they were going to use Newspeak to eliminate thoughts of freedom and liberty by eliminating words like freedom and liberty.

You cannot prevent violence by banning the implements of violence any more than you can ban thoughts by eliminating words.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There's something very Orwellian about the continuing call to ban things to prevent violence.

It's kind of like in 1984 when they were going to use Newspeak to eliminate thoughts of freedom and liberty by eliminating words like freedom and liberty.

You cannot prevent violence by banning the implements of violence any more than you can ban thoughts by eliminating words.

Fear and ignorance beats rational thoughts and actions with stunning and predictable regularity.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#4]

When does everyone get confined to padded rooms to prevent injury?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My dogs will stay weaponized

So does Charlie...

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]

England has become a country of hand wringers and politically correct idiots. With their media leading the charge. It's amazing what passes for journalism these days.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We already are, we are just too dense to notice it yet.  Maybe not actually padded rooms, but our society has become one big padded room.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#8]
It's nice they spelled 'terrorise' wrong in the headline....

What about 'weapon people.'  Shall we ban karate also?  Maybe lifting weights too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I knew that this had to emenate from the U.K before I even clicked the link.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#11]
any dog can be taught to be aggressive. these people are morons.

Personally I prefer a weaponized hyena or baboon to intimidate my foes. Ill guarantee you one thing. Noone is fucking with this dude with any short of a FAL.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://foreignsands.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/jlp_facepalm.jpg

+1

Do you mean "terrorize"?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#13]
maybe they buy the animals because they want to feel safe from criminals and cant have guns or knives?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Does the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show recognize the Tactical Retriever breed?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Are you fucking kidding me?

I work at a vet's office, and American Bull Terriers can be nasty, but they are hardly "weapons".
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Personally I prefer a weaponized hyena or baboon to intimidate my foes. Ill guarantee you one thing. Noone is fucking with this dude with any short of a FAL.

http://regionalworkbench.org/USP2/blog/uploaded_images/Hyenas_on_leash-789190.jpg

http://www.baxterboo.com/catdogblog/assets/content//pet-hyena2.jpg

http://www.clusterflock.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/7.jpg

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Amazingly enough, I just read the following quote on another website:

The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#18]
What in the name of Winston Churchill and Richard the Lionheart has happened to England?????????????
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://foreignsands.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/jlp_facepalm.jpg

+1

Do you mean "terrorize"?

Civilised Brits don't use "z" in a lot of words we do.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Over the past few years, the proliferation of the “weapon dog” — American pit bulls and other bull breeds — has been prodigious.

Ironically, from the Wikipedia entry for "American Pit Bull Terrier"...

"These dogs were initially bred in England, Ireland, and Scotland, and arrived in the United States with immigrants from these countries."
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Sharks with frickin' lasers?!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm reading 1984 right now and agree with you...this banning of "weapon dogs" is doubleplusungood you could say

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What about 'weapon people.'  Shall we ban karate also?  Maybe lifting weights too.

Uh, English, invented in England…
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#25]
They banned dogs of "weapon breeds" in my country a couple of years ago, dogs that were made illegal were being conficated by the police and put down (no joke it really happend).

In the end they repealed the law, as a lot police officers just looked the otherway or advised the people in question to try not to take the dog for walks.

The Dutch "Brady campaign" agains weapon dogs is this site Anti weapon Dogs idiots  (In Dutch sorry)
Just so its clear these people want to put down dogs of certain breeds even if they never showed a tendancy to bite.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They banned dogs of "weapon breeds" in my country a couple of years ago, dogs that were made illegal were being conficated by the police and put down (no joke it really happend).

In the end they repealed the law, as a lot police officers just looked the otherway or advised the people in question to try not to take the dog for walks.

The Dutch "Brady campaign" agains weapon dogs is this site Anti weapon Dogs idiots  (In Dutch sorry)
Just so its clear these people want to put down dogs of certain breeds even if they never showed a tendancy to bite.

There is a number of people on this site that would agree with that.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Any attempt to ban dogs by breed in the US has largely failed

I find it surprising 'enlightened' Netherlands passed a law killing dogs by breed
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any attempt to ban dogs by breed in the US has largely failed

I find it surprising 'enlightened' Netherlands passed a law killing dogs by breed

Prince Georges county, Maryland banned Pitbulls a ways back and a lot of good it did, it's still a shithole.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You're serious about that, aren't you?

Oh wow.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#32]
this is rediculous..... Ive made the comment before, but these threads come up about once a week..... those people let their gov't walk all over them
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#33]
In the end they had to repeal it as was unenforceable, but a lot of pets were taken away and put down before it happend (remember we are not talking dogs here that have been agressive at any stage here).

"enlightend" Hey I like my country but sometimes we do some stupid stuff (gun laws being tot of my list for now)

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In the end they had to repeal it as was unenforceable, but a lot of pets were taken away and put down before it happend (remember we are not talking dogs here that have been agressive at any stage here).

"enlightend" Hey I like my country but sometimes we do some stupid stuff (gun laws being tot of my list for now)

Can you own slingshots for carp bait slinging?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://regionalworkbench.org/USP2/blog/uploaded_images/Hyenas_on_leash-789190.jpg

holy shit

yeah a baboon will fuck your day up in a hurry..the GD fangs on those animals are insane
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Does the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show recognize the Tactical Retriever breed?

No but they do reconize heat seeking rat terriers.

No leg is safe

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We already are, we are just too dense to notice it yet.  Maybe not actually padded rooms, but our society has become one big padded room.

People notice, I do anyway..... Why is nobody willing to accept risk in any form these days!?

Cars have to be uber super safety crash standardized, motorcycles are bad, chemicals of any form are bad, minibikes are banned here in FL because they apparently contain too much LEAD?

wtf people.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#38]
No surprise. I wrote GBR off a long time ago.

EDIT - and the rest of Europe and the EU.... and Scandinavia....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Don't forget Prince Georges county, Maryland.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget Prince Georges county, Maryland.

Both coasts of the U.S. and some midwest states and cities are already too far gone, Its only that they are still a part of the rest of the U.S. that gives them any theoretical possibility of a turn around, however unlikely that is.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#41]
This thread needs more V.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#42]
My weapon dogs think this thread is good for lulz

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Keeps me some weaponized Chihuahuas...

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#45]
friend of mines vicious bull breed.. Damn this thing is mean

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

holy shit

yeah a baboon will fuck your day up in a hurry..the GD fangs on those animals are insane

Yes. I do not think i would attach my self to a baboon by a rope unless it was already dead.. Your not keeping the baboon close by, he is keeping you close by.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Illegal in Florida too for the last 20 years - Miami IIRC.

I am pretty sure the episode of COPS I saw (yep, only one! ) they just had to move a pitbull out of the county, so I assumed they are just outlawed in places like Miami-Dade, and not everywhere. I might be wrong though, but I don't think they are banned in the whole state.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#48]
this is happening all over Germany now all bull terriers are banned as are many large breeds
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#49]
My amphibious assault dog

So vicious he can't be contained
A solicitor cut across our yard while he was looking through the window, and upon hearing the dog break the glass, the solicitor did a full sprint down the street to get away from the house haha

After the window attempt, the bleeding stopped, first aid administered, feeling proud about his broken glass accomplishment I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top