Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 6:38:18 AM EDT
ew Hampshire State Representative Jennifer Coffey has introduced a bill to legalize "stilettos, switch knives, daggers, and dirk-knives" for all law-abiding citizens in New Hampshire. Heretofore, these knives, which are not well-defined in the state law, have been restricted in the state, even though New Hampshire has some of the most liberal gun carry laws in the nation. The bill has received broad bipartisan support according to our sources and stands a good chance of passage. Knife Rights member and Second Amendment legal adviser, Evan Nappen, has been actively involved in developing and promoting this bill. Knife Rights is planning on testifying in support of this bill as it moves through the legislative process.

Rep. Coffey's bill removes the prohibition on these knives and focuses the law on CRIMINAL USE of the knives. Knife Rights supports efforts that remove restrictions on ownership, carry and legitimate use of knives as tools and arms and recognizes that it is the criminal use of knives that should garner the law's attention. You can read more about this bill from Rep. Coffey on the Second Amendment Sister's web site: www.2asisters.org

http://www.kniferights.org/
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
NH - An island of freedom in a sea of slavery.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Amen - The last enclave of freedom up there.

If the winters didn't suck so bad, we'd most certainly be living there now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Good for them.

Sadly, it still doesn't trump the retarded federal ban on automatics.  Hopefully we'll get there eventually.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!  It's not all sunshine and roses up here, but this is a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#5]
who want to knife bill ? he's a good ole boy
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Wife and I are working on getting up there before 2011.

BIL's live in Boston, MIL/FIL would like to move to NH as well.

It would be a welcome change for this conservative family currently living in Western NY
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#7]
If I had to move back to the northeast, it would be to NH.  Still too close to MA for my tastes though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Huh. I may have to consider moving there at some point.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Bout time.  I needs me a new switchblade.  Although my Kershaw Onion opens faster than any other knives I have.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Born and raised in NH. I'm moving back as soon as I have enough career experience to make it up there.

Live free or MFing die.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I had to move back to the northeast, it would be to NH.  Still too close to MA for my tastes though.

Too true.If you get too close to MA you start having fantasies about rubbing organic olive oil all over Barney Frank's senuous body

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good for them.

Sadly, it still doesn't trump the retarded federal ban on automatics.  Hopefully we'll get there eventually.

The federal law is  not a total ban
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

live free or die is the state motto .

i loved living in NH .. i spent a few years in manchester and the bedford area. i'd consider moving back, but the wife gets mean when she gets cold ... F shoveling snow before going to work though
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too true.If you get too close to MA you start having fantasies about rubbing organic olive oil all over Barney Frank's senuous body

I was born in Mass.  There's a reason why I no longer live there.  Don't get all butt-hurt about it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If I had to move back to the northeast, it would be to NH. Still too close to MA for my tastes though.

Yup

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I had to move back to the northeast, it would be to NH. Still too close to MA for my tastes though.

I was born in Mass. There's a reason why I no longer live there. Don't get all butt-hurt about it.

I spent 10 years in Mass.  I am now about as far away, still staying in the U.S., as is humanly possible.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top