BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:20:23 AM EDT

Al & His Daughter

Al & His Ex-wife.

The Rev. Al Sharpton lashed out Sunday at the "unfair" treatment of his daughter and ex-wife by cops who arrested the duo for arguing over a traffic ticket in Harlem.

"I cannot imagine how two unarmed women with no record, could be taken in cuffs from a traffic dispute with NO personal or property damage involved," Sharpton wrote in a string of angry postings on Twitter. "Well this is what we deal with everyday. We will never accept unfairness."

Sharpton's oldest daughter, Dominique Sharpton, 23, and ex-wife, Kathy Jordan, 53, were arrested Friday when they got into a heated verbal tussle with cops during a traffic stop, police said.

Dominique Sharpton sped past a police car on Eighth Ave. at 110th St. and blasted through a red light before cops nabbed her, sources said.

She called her mom, who rushed to the scene to find Dominique in the back of a police car, Sharpton's attorney said.

Cops charged both with disorderly conduct and obstruction of governmental administration, issued them desk appearance tickets and let them go.

"Kathy showed the concern any mother would show," Sharpton wrote.

Sharpton wrote there were "no drugs or drinking at all" - making their treatment all the more worse. Sharpton lawyer Michael Hardy called the arrest "excessive" and said the police car Dominique drove around was unmarked.

"It seems they were arrested simply because they asked why the ticket was being given," said Hardy.

Police declined comment yesterday
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't need to have been drinking or have a record to get arrested and/or detained.

You sign the fucking ticket and go on your merry way, you don't start a fight with the cop. Its very simple.
ZOMG MY DAUGHTER VERBALLY ASSAULTED A COP! HELP WE'RE BEING REPRESSED!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
A video will surface eventually.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The former Mrs. Sharpton looks like a post-op tranny.

I'm sure if the daughter had run that light and killed a bus full of nuns, Sharpton would be saying the same thing.

"My baby didn't do nuffin'"
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Sharpton wrote there were "no drugs or drinking at all" - making their treatment behavior all the more worse.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:39:35 AM EDT
[#5]
If I were a cop, I would have arrested them. Not because they are black but because they are Sharptons.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#6]

In my mind's eye, I can just picture these two women fussing and cussing the police.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:42:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I would need a full body shot of his daughter to judge her.  His ex wife, well, the years have not been kind to her.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:43:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

In my mind's eye, I can just picture these two women fussing and cussing the police.

The whole time screaming "Do you have any idea who I am"?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:46:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would need a full body shot of his daughter to judge her.  His ex wife, well, the years have not been kind to her him.

Kind to her or to HIM!!??  

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:49:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Al Sharpton didn't like the way we treated his wife & daughter?!?!

I don't approve either,

No pepper spray
No TASER
No ensuing video

Weptek911 does NOT approve.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck Al Sharpton.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fuck Al Sharpton.

Fuck BHO
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:53:06 AM EDT
[#13]
These fucksticks think they are above the law,plain and simple!
What is it with these fuckers(Sharptons and Gates),treat LEO with a little respect,and you will be treated similarly!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:53:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm sure if the daughter had run that light and killed a bus full of nuns, Sharpton would be saying the same thing.

"My baby didn't do nuffin'"

Seriously she/he looks nasty.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:55:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Believe me, this is in NO way taking up for shithead Sharpton or his family, but......

I thought you were allowed to say whatever you wanted to a cop, as long as it isn't a threat. In other words, you can say "You're an asshole" but not "I oughta kill you".

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:57:01 AM EDT
[#16]
His ex wife is Dennis Rodman in DRAG!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:57:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Believe me, this is in NO way taking up for shithead Sharpton or his family, but......

I thought you were allowed to say whatever you wanted to a cop, as long as it isn't a threat. In other words, you can say "You're an asshole" but not "I oughta kill you".

Why don't you go out and haul ass past a cop and test this theory out.

Have a buddy follow you filming and post the results here.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually Bama should be along shortly to confirm this, as it's come up before. Now you can always be charged with disorderly conduct, which is like Article 88 of the UCMJ––-the "catch all".

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:04:08 AM EDT
[#19]
The title of this thread makes me wonder if Wave is a LEO?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:05:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I believe he is.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:05:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Which one is Al Sharpton
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:06:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

eta

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:07:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Which one is Al Sharpton

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:09:43 AM EDT
[#24]
"Obviously, because they are black".  Why doesn't he just say things instead of beating around the bush.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually Bama should be along shortly to confirm this, as it's come up before. Now you can always be charged with disorderly conduct, which is like Article 88 of the UCMJ––-the "catch all".

It's never that simple. 'Some' women tend to get very loud and abusive and wave their arms in your face when trying to make a point. The don't simply converse in a normal tone of voice. That behavior is considered disorderly conduct when directed at a law enforcement officer who is trying to conduct the business of writing a ticket.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:12:00 AM EDT
[#26]
<–––––– can't wait for the Bamster to say NYPD acted stupidly.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:12:35 AM EDT
[#27]
is it just me or does the former Mrs. sharpton look like Micheal Jordan in a wig?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:13:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's never that simple. 'Some' women tend to get very loud and abusive and wave their arms in your face when trying to make a point. The don't simply converse in a normal tone of voice. That behavior is considered disorderly conduct when directed at a law enforcement officer who is trying to conduct the business of writing a ticket.

Oh, I can only imagine what a certain, uh, ethnic female might be like when wound up. Would make the hand grip the baton firmly as you imagined it being layed squarely upside the head, thereby immediately silencing the yapping.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:14:35 AM EDT
[#29]
He and Eddie Murphy should hang out.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/11/01/amd_sharpton.jpg
Al & His Daughter

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/11/01/alg_sharpton.jpg
Al & His Ex-wife.

The Rev. Al Sharpton lashed out Sunday at the "unfair" treatment of his daughter and ex-wife by cops who arrested the duo for arguing over a traffic ticket in Harlem.

"I cannot imagine how two unarmed women with no record, could be taken in cuffs from a traffic dispute with NO personal or property damage involved," Sharpton wrote in a string of angry postings on Twitter. "Well this is what we deal with everyday. We will never accept unfairness."

Sharpton's oldest daughter, Dominique Sharpton, 23, and ex-wife, Kathy Jordan, 53, were arrested Friday when they got into a heated verbal tussle with cops during a traffic stop, police said.

Dominique Sharpton sped past a police car on Eighth Ave. at 110th St. and blasted through a red light before cops nabbed her, sources said.

She called her mom, who rushed to the scene to find Dominique in the back of a police car, Sharpton's attorney said.

Cops charged both with disorderly conduct and obstruction of governmental administration, issued them desk appearance tickets and let them go.

"Kathy showed the concern any mother would show," Sharpton wrote.

Sharpton wrote there were "no drugs or drinking at all" - making their treatment all the more worse. Sharpton lawyer Michael Hardy called the arrest "excessive" and said the police car Dominique drove around was unmarked.

"It seems they were arrested simply because they asked why the ticket was being given," said Hardy.

Police declined comment yesterday

CoC refrains me from saying anything about Al Sharpton or his family.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:15:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You see what happens when you don't post as much anymore?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:19:53 AM EDT
[#32]
They didn't do nuffin
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:23:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Why did she call her mom drive to the ticket scene?  Daughter was hoping someone else would get her out of her situation.  Guess she learned pretty well from Dad.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:25:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone else think his ex wife looks like Dennis Rodman in drag?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#35]

oh man......who will our resident cop haters side with.....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:32:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Most people don't know just how screwed up our laws are.  For instance-   In America there is a group of states called the "Compact States" that formed an agreement where if someone from another state comes into your state, gets a traffic ticket, and does not pay it, they will have their license suspended in their home state.  However, if someone from a non-compact state commits a traffic violation in a compact agreement state, the violator can be made to post bond (ie, taken to jail).  So technically, if someone from Michigan makes a lane change without using their turn signal in Ohio, they can be arrested and taken to jail.  I've never done that, or even considered it for obvious reasons.   Still, if someone was behaving like an idiot, and that option was on the table, it would be awfully tempting.

So while being rude to a cop isn't necessarily a crime, the legal system is misconbobulated enough that the cop does ample legal means of serving some payback.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I see Al is an advocate and practioner of same sex marriage.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:44:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta
http://eurthisnthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dennis_rodman2008-in-drag-sxs-med-wide.jpg

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Al Sharpton is Star Jones' father?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most people don't know just how screwed up our laws are.  For instance-   In America there is a group of states called the "Compact States" that formed an agreement where if someone from another state comes into your state, gets a traffic ticket, and does not pay it, they will have their license suspended in their home state.  However, if someone from a non-compact state commits a traffic violation in a compact agreement state, the violator can be made to post bond (ie, taken to jail).  So technically, if someone from Michigan makes a lane change without using their turn signal in Ohio, they can be arrested and taken to jail.  I've never done that, or even considered it for obvious reasons.   Still, if someone was behaving like an idiot, and that option was on the table, it would be awfully tempting.

So while being rude to a cop isn't necessarily a crime, the legal system is misconbobulated enough that the cop does ample legal means of serving some payback.

I congratulate you on the use of "misconbobulated".

In this case - methinks payback will be forthcoming at the next traffic violation.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Boo fucking hoo.......

if you're getting a ticket your screaming, yelling, whining is not going to change that, hell even well reasoned logic isn't going to change someone's mind.  In fact mentally it just makes writing the ticket easier.  Politeness goes a long way believe it or not.  A "sorry officer, i was distracted and having a really bad day"  really can get you out of some tickets.  Simple psychology.

THE PLACE TO ARGUE IS IN COURT.  That's how the system is designed.

Cause a public ruckus in NY you're likely to get arrested for disorderly conduct.  Of course if you beat your girlfriend half to death most  NY DA's will go with discon to.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#43]
That family screams class.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:06:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's some wrong thinkin' right there!
Feel free to test the theory and report back.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#45]
"What we deal with every day?"

I REALLY had hoped the race card getting retired would be the ONE outcome of Obama in the White House.

My hope for that change is gone.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"What we deal with every day?"

I REALLY had hoped the race card getting retired would be the ONE outcome of Obama in the White House.
My hope for that change is gone.

It would be nice.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#47]
I pray that there is a video of the encounter.

Please let it be true.

Please.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I can only imagine what a certain, uh, ethnic female might be like when wound up. Would make the hand grip the baton firmly as you imagined it being layed squarely upside the head, thereby immediately silencing the yapping.

You know, not all Italian women are that way.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:20:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Like Dennis Rodman in drag.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top