Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 1:10:09 AM EDT
One of 547 cars built and at the least worth 20K if it was a nothing but a pile of parts. Who in their right mind would do this to history. This car wasn't a POS but one of the baddest and rarest cars to ever come out of Detroit.

http://jalopnik.com/5365954/ten-most-exotic-cars-destroyed-by-cash-for-clunkers/gallery/
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
There are some REALLY stupid people out there...

Why couldn't the dealers just not do a cash for clunkers on those.  Customers come in, Dealer does NOT do a CFC transaction, just gives the customer $4500 off the price of the new car, then the dealer turns around and sells these..the end result for the consumer was the same, they saved their money, they don't care.

Why would a dealer even do a CFC deal on those.  Just discount the price of the new ride, and consider those a "trade in" for resale??
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
What a bunch of dumbfucks!  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen a few low mileage GNX's for sale on Ebay in the six figure range. People are literally out of their minds.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]
someone destroyed a dodge challenger 426 hemi too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Most of america is retarded.  Need I say more?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:41:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey is WAS a Buick....

We had 2 of 'em run out of my "shop".
1 was my nemesis. I lost to him more times than I care to remember. DAMN fast car for a six.
My last loss to him cost me so much money in a rebuild, aftermarket parts and hood time it was rediculous..... Never lost to him again though
I always liked those cars....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I see a GMC Typhoon there as well.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:53:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I see a GMC Typhoon there as well.

As a die hard buick GN guy, Im gonna throw up.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There are some REALLY stupid people out there...

Why couldn't the dealers just not do a cash for clunkers on those.  Customers come in, Dealer does NOT do a CFC transaction, just gives the customer $4500 off the price of the new car, then the dealer turns around and sells these..the end result for the consumer was the same, they saved their money, they don't care.

Why would a dealer even do a CFC deal on those.  Just discount the price of the new ride, and consider those a "trade in" for resale??

Because MOST car dealers/salesmen are NOT car people, they are salesmen.

Besides, "no one needs that much horsepower", " if it saves ONE life", "for the children" , vehicle choice and availability IS a heath matter", ad nauseum...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:15:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Some people are really fucking stupid
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top