Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 9:36:00 AM EDT
[url]http://www.biggrizzly.com/srrpc/targetstand001.htm[/url]

[img]http://www.biggrizzly.com/srrpc/images/pvc_stand003_sm.jpg[/img]

I was looking for a cheap way to make tarket stands and found this. I thought I would pass it along.

Any other ideas?

What are you using?

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
We use something almost identical, except we use steel tubing welded together. Either round or square, it doesn't matter, but ours won't tip or blow over in [b]any[/b] wind.

We then stick 1x2's in and staple either cardboard on and tape on our targets or we use the cardboard IDPA sillouetes for competetion.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a similar set up when I go to the DNR range.  Tip: cut some wire coat hangers up, so you get two U shaped pieces and some extra (toss extra).  Put two of the U's upside down over eah leg, like you are stapling the thing to the ground.  Think of croquet wickets driven in too far.      
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I am planning to recreate the GSSF setup at home. Maybe some IDPA stuff as well.

Going the cheap route. Paper targets instead of metal plates for now, and cardboard targets.

Maybe not as fancy but it should do the same thing.

Later I might invest in the metal to hear the "twang"!

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
PVFD304,
Good holder, just cap off the bottom sections and fill them with sand so the wind won't blow it over.

coyote3
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]
My Dad and I have built stands out of both PVC and angled iron.  Havnt used the one out of angled iron yet but it looks promising.  Just need to find someone to weld it for cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top