Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:25:19 PM EDT
Found a set of six Henkels Twin Gourmet series for $79.00 online.  Should be here by the end of the week.  Any opinions?  My sister has a set of the high end Henkels she got for a wedding gift from her inlaws.  They seem pretty nice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never understood why people buy things, then ask for opinions afterwards.  Are you looking for validation, or will you return them if enough people in the thread poo-poo on them?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've never understood why people buy things, then ask for opinions afterwards.  Are you looking for validation, or will you return them if enough people in the thread poo-poo on them?

You think too much..  Just asking others opinions dude..
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#3]
For a stamped blade, they are not very bad at all (I own a 4" parring and an 8" chef's).   If you want superior blades, the Henckels forged blades are where you want to look.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For a stamped blade, they are not very bad at all (I own a 4" parring and an 8" chef's).   If you want superior blades, the Henckels forged blades are where you want to look.

I thought about it for a second but decide to go with these.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a cheap set of henkels I bought at Target, and I have been happy with them, so I would imagine yours will do pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Shun/GLOBAL/MAC or go home

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think too much..  Just asking others opinions dude..

FWIW, I don't use big knives.  My parents never had them growing up, and I never got used to them.  My roommate uses big knives all the time though.  

I use these el-cheapos from the gunshows.  But they are cheap, made in Switzerland, are sharp, and stay pretty sharp, so I can't complain.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]
For that price, you're fine.

I prefer Shun or Global for real money.

I have crap knives and good knives... The crap knives are for quick, easy, cutting meals and I toss them in the washer, use a block sharpener on.

The Victronox (sp) knives are good and so the the Keershaw.

If I'm cooking a nice meal (sushi, something with thin cutting, etc) I use my Global or Shun knives... If I'm making some crap homestyle dish where things don't need to be fine, I use crap knives.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Found a set of six Henkels Twin Gourmet series for $79.00 online.  Should be here by the end of the week.  Any opinions?  My sister has a set of the high end Henkels she got for a wedding gift from her inlaws.  They seem pretty nice.

Should have bought LamsonSharp, they're fine knives, and they're made in America (well, Massachusetts, but technically that Red Sox shithole is still part of the US).
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Chinese Henkles less than fair, IMHO.

German Henkles are ok.

Next time, buy Wustof, Global, Shun or anything from japanesechefsknife.com
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

German Henkles are ok.

Im no sushi chef so high end knives would be way above my meager kitchen skills.  I just needed something that will work for the stuff I whip up..
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

German Henkles are ok.

Im no sushi chef so high end knives would be way above my meager kitchen skills.  I just needed something that will work for the stuff I whip up..

should be fine then

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

German Henkles are ok.

Im no sushi chef so high end knives would be way above my meager kitchen skills. I just needed something that will work for the stuff I whip up..

It has nothing to do with skill level. It makes slicing stuff a breeze instead of struggling with undersharpened shit knives. Makes the whole experience a lot more fun.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

German Henkles are ok.

Im no sushi chef so high end knives would be way above my meager kitchen skills. I just needed something that will work for the stuff I whip up..

It has nothing to do with skill level. It makes slicing stuff a breeze instead of struggling with undersharpened shit knives. Makes the whole experience a lot more fun.

I know what you mean.  If it was practical I'd have a set of 1095 carbon steel knives but they's rust all to hell in a kitchen.  These will do, I can get a freaking butter knife to shave if I want..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top