Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2009 7:34:06 PM EDT
I'm looking for a new phone, not a smart phone, so no Droid for me at this time, and after reading/watching reviews online, the LG Env Touch is my top choice at the moment.

I've been a customer with Verizon for at least 6 or 7 years, and have no problems thus far. I am looking for ya'lls opinion on this phone, ya know, real world experience.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I know two people that have them. They both hate them. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
me and the wife have the regular env3 and love it. Woudn't wanta touch screen though.

GR
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You would probably be better served by the Alias2 or the Dare.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The enV Touch is about as good as you're going to get for a non-smartphone/data plan.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know two people that have them. They both hate them. YMMV

Anything in particular about them they don't like?

Quoted:
me and the wife have the regular env3 and love it. Woudn't wanta touch screen though.

GR

Normally I wouldn't either, but I think it looks, neat, and am willing to give it a shot.

Quoted:

Why do ya say that?
*runs off to check out the Alias2 and Dare*

Quoted:
The enV Touch is about as good as you're going to get for a non-smartphone/data plan.

That's what I was figuring.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
One person had a ton of problems with the touch screen. Had to return it. Got a new one.

The other person the phone wiped out her memory card and required re-boots a few times a day to get txt's. Had to return it. Got a new one.

I've had the EnV3. It's a decent phone but I know a few people with those too and they seem to randomly shut off sometimes when you flip the phone closed. Many people have had this problem with the EnV3.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Do not get the env2.  I have this phone.   It shuts off at random times, the ok button does not work 60% of the time.  The 0 button just recently quit working.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck VZ and their bullshit locked down phones.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Env Touch and I think it is great.  The only thing I wish I could change is the camera on it is not that great, it is really hard to get a good pic with it.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:56:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Exactly!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:02:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I just got an enV touch a few weeks  ago and it's great.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:03:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly!!

Yup.  Thats why I left.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:18:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Last week, I upgraded to the Env3 instead of the Env Touch.  Too many complaints of shitty battery life and unstoppable butt dialing with the Touch over on howardforums.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One person had a ton of problems with the touch screen. Had to return it. Got a new one.

The other person the phone wiped out her memory card and required re-boots a few times a day to get txt's. Had to return it. Got a new one.

I've had the EnV3. It's a decent phone but I know a few people with those too and they seem to randomly shut off sometimes when you flip the phone closed. Many people have had this problem with the EnV3.

SO far mine has only shut off twice I think. Both times I dropped it in the truck and it hit pretty hard.

Better than my old AT&T phone that when I dropped it it was fried for about an hour till I jiggled the little card thingy and got it back in just right.

GR
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:14:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

why do you say this? my son has the ENV Touch and loves it. it is the text phone dream.

my other son has the Alias and it's a piece of crap.

I had the Dare and I didn't like it. hard to text, impossible to browse with, and not a good music phone.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:14:37 AM EDT
[#16]
my wife just got the touch and i got the rogue
i like the rogue better  but so far we both have had no problems with them
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:17:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I have had the ENv touch for about 7 months and have had no problems w/ it. Mine seen alot of misuse, in cabinet shop most time. Only issue is about once a month, I recalibrate the touch settings.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Wife has the non-touchscreeen EnV3, which has a keyboard for texting.   Seems to suit her.

What's the attraction of a touchscreen for you?   I would probably get one if I was an avid cell phone user or spent much time online via one...otherwise I'd guy some gun stuff.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I also have the EnV Touch and I love it! Ive had it since early July and have not had a single problem with it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I am typing this on my EnV Touch.
I work out in the oil feilds in Wyoming.I LOVE THIS THING! I got the body glove cover and some screen protectors and I haven't had any problems that haven't been traced back to operator error (hint: read the owners manual). I have lots of videos and @1K songs loaded on it.
as far as the camera, you just need to go into the settings and set/tweek them (like you have to do with any camera) a bit to get thest pic. About 1x a week to a soft reset (take the battery out with the phone on, replace it, power it up and when it is back on hit *228 option 1 and you will have a lot less problems. Battery life is better than any other phone I have ever had. I used to build cell sites (towers and infrasturcture) so I have a bit more inside experience than some toolbat the store who is waiting for their balls to drop.
Verizon will let you try out the phone for 30 days, if you don't like it then you can exchange it.
The only thing that I don't like is that it will not play flash videos (YouTube converts their videos to 3GP format to play in it automatically)

I am very happy with the EnV Touch and I have had it @3months.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I've have a Touch for about a month with no problems. I used to have a Blackberry Storm that was a major pain in the ass.
The Touch has a nice big keyboard and is great for texting. Like someone else said, the camera is slow to take a picture, but you can zoom in and adjust the brightness before you take a pic. It takes pretty good pictures as long as the subject is stationary.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:56:51 AM EDT
[#22]
using one right now...

few issues with it.  On a few occasions it would just turn off for no reason but took it in and they updated it, so far so good.

touch screen seems to need to be re-calibrated every few weeks but works fine for the most part.  Some times when making calls that require you to enter numbers during the call you will end up going in circles because you will hit the number you need and get another one that is near it or you just tap it but it registers it twice ruining your choice.

biggest issue i have is the battery.  i will run it til it flashes that its dying so i charge it.  Ten minutes later shows full charge and start using it again.  Five minutes later im at one bar then a minute later three so it just jumps around.  Sometimes it takes 2 hours to charge and lasts for awhile so not sure what the issue is.

even with these issues its still a good phone but if i could do it again i would not get the touch because i just dont use the touch feature as often as i thought i would so regular buttons would be nice for calls
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I really like mine. The only complaints I have, and they are minor ones, are that you can't save your contacts to the sd card and you can't move your own ring tones from the sd card to the ring tone folder.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:51:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I had a different experience with my old env2 - it was a workhorse and very reliable

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#25]
My daughter has one and she seems to like it very well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Heartily agree but our corporate account is with VZW so I cannot leave.  

Gonna get rid of my unreliable Samsung Gleam and upgrade to something else, so tag.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#27]
I just got the new Storm 2, it's incredible.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow, thanks for all the replies guys. I am currently using a Samsun SCH-U550 which is very basic, but hearty phone. I just want something new and different then this particular phone, and I figure that the Env Touch is about as new and different as I can get from my current phone.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Bump for evening crew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top