Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2009 4:14:08 PM EDT
First off, I'll get the "OMGZ -1 for pink dishes" out of the way.

I think I got all the ingredients for a winner here, minus the pink plate. No long gun because I didn't feel like opening the safe. Minor fail on the meat as the meat thermometer read 150 F for a medium-rare when we took it out, but it was medium-well at best. That made me very sad, but it was good anyway.

Food:
- Beef tenderloin with rosemary and chocolate
- mashed red potatoes
- green beans with garlic butter sauce
- biscuits

Drink:
- Rogue Old Crustacean barley wine

Accessories:
- G21 with X300
- 27 Ranger-T +P
- Surefire G2 in my own urban digital camo
- CRKT M-16

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
chocolate on the beef???
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
chocolate on the beef???

Not quite. The sauce is a boiled down red wine based sauce and a little cocoa powder is added at the end to give it a little bitter taste. Not like melted chocolate on top.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
HMMM....

-1 for no long gun. srry but it's mandatory.

-1 for overcooked meat, must be "cut off the horns and put it on the plate" rare

-1 for pink plates

7/10 that's not too bad

eh, I'll give you +1 for creative use of chocolate.

so

8/10
BTW how did you do the digicam on ur G2?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]
9/10
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
6/10

The reduction looks more like A1.

Plating is Meh.

Photo needs work.

Pink plate

I'd most likely still eat it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#6]
5/10 thats all.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#7]
First things first, it looks like you ate standing up at your counter.  Don't you have a place you can sit and eat?  Maybe we could take up a collection for you.

Napkin?  Be honest your sleeve is dirty now isn't it?

Your gun position is awkward at best.  Are you left handed?  Even if you are left handed, the way the gun is sitting makes for a very awkward draw.   You have a spare magazine, although I can't tell if it is loaded or not, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.  Your long gun, where is it?  How can you feel safe at dinner if your long gun isn't with you?  I can't tell you how many times I have had to use my AR on my friends to make it safely through dinner.

Pink plate?  I'm just throwing that out there.

The tactical knife is good.  You can't be too safe at dinner.  How else are you going to decide who gets the last roll?  I know how it's done in my house.

The flashlight is good.  You never know when you might be eating in the dark.

Presentation is severely lacking.  It looks like you just threw the food on the plate and then threw the plate on the counter.  We need a higher quality picture.  We expect more from arfcommers.

Overall I am going to have to give you a 3/10, this is mostly based upon jealousy that you are eating better than me tonight, enjoy.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I got all the ingredients for a winner here, minus the pink plate. No long gun because I didn't feel like opening the safe. Minor fail on the meat as the meat thermometer read 150 F for a medium-rare when we took it out, but it was medium-well at best. That made me very sad, but it was good anyway.

CARRY OVER!!!!!!!  Pull out low,wrap in tin foil, wait 10 min.
It does look better than the $50 dinner we had last night so thumbs up!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#9]
8/10
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
chocolate on the beef???

Not quite. The sauce is a boiled down red wine based sauce and a little cocoa powder is added at the end to give it a little bitter taste. Not like melted chocolate on top.

never heard  of that.....thanks for the heads up.   Looks good

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#11]
7/10
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#12]
sauce on perfectly good beef??
I would eat all of it if placed before me
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#13]
4/10   Nothing like a whole list of excuses to start your dinner pic.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#14]
7/10

I don't require a long gun it just doesn't look THAT great. Not awful...just not too special.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#15]
6/10

- Poor presentation.
- I wouldn't fuck on that dirty counter, much less eat on it.
- GFCI looks like it has PlayDoh in it.
- Missing a rifle.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#16]
0/10 Thats fuckin terrible.

Never admit to being "too lazy" on a fucking dinner pic. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Holy fuck not Rogue beer. Tried some of it once and make me wanna throw up.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Nobody's complimented you on a fine beer yet, so I might as well.  Only issue?  Rogue is way overpriced.  I mean, $17 for a 750 isn't that bad on principle, but half the value of the beer is tied up in the packaging.  It's a $10/4pk. beer put in an expensive bottle.  For the price, you should have three times that volume.  Again, it's good beer, but I don't like paying for packaging.  And I'm a homebrewer and "reload" swing-tops all the time.  I've got a few Rogue bottles around but I don't know that I'll be picking up more any time soon.

I feel bad for your Florida folks, though.  All your great beers are imports.

How's Cigar City working out for you?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Holy fuck not Rogue beer. Tried some of it once and make me wanna throw up.

That's awful harsh.  What didn't you like about it?  What do you normally drink?

A lot of people are really surprised when they first try full-flavored beer and they mistake it as being unfavorable.  Happened to me, too.

A lot of folks recommend weaning yourself on "gateway beers" like MH#9, SNPA, NBFT and so on.  I'm not so much a fan of that because I don't think you should look at beer on some sort of ladder scale as some being better in some way that another.  My advice is to take a style that you already like and try the full-flavored versions of that.  It's something familiar that you can pick out.

Light beer drinkers should try German export/premium lager.  Warsteiner, Spaten and the others of the Munich Six, and any of the American brewpub versions (Gordon Biersch has an excellent example).  Move on to Kolsch (note: this style is tricky to find good American versions of.  Victory has probably the best I've had.) and out from there.

It seems sometimes that "American beer drinkers" have a desire for consistency above quality and have an initial reaction to reject anything that isn't familiar to them.  Decades of marketing have done their best to try to keep up from exploring what's out there.  Fight the urge, the rewards are many.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top