Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/1/2009 1:33:17 PM EDT
"hit me up"  Its sounds stupid and even stupider  coming out of females. Everyone says it around here

Another one is when guys call each other "Player"  Wuzzup Player??

Feel free to ad yours
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont be hatin on us, dawg

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Guesstimate..  Not a fucking word..  Make a guess or estimate..
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
it is what it is..

bullshit..it is what you make it
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
"know what I'm saying"

Fuck off... yes I know what the fuck your saying and you don't have to ask me every FUCKING time you say something... fucking morons
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Fixed Income.

I keep hearing it from seniors. No senior lives on a fixed income; they get automatic COLA.

If your talking about working people, then someone who is not allowed to work overtime is on a fixed income.

The other phrase that raises my blood pressure is "Ya undrstan wat i'm say'n?" Yeah, baby.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#6]
"back in the day"
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
"I know, right?"
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#8]
you know
um
any modern words that mash others together, e.g., "foshizzle". What the fuck does that mean? Why do the software writers, who are in their 30's and supposedly adults, continue to use words that make them sound ... less than professionals.

I could go on, yet I would probably be labeled a prude.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#9]
odamba:  "In a nation as wealthy as the US there is no excuse not to [give some more shit away]."
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
"my bad"  
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
"not tonight, I have a headache"

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#12]
sus out

it is what it is
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#13]
"utilize"

That fucking word is so over utilized!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
it is what it is..

bullshit..it is what you make it

Ha.... I say the same thing....
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]
At the end of the day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]
"Business speak" is the only thing that actually gets on my nerves.

"We'll take this offline"

"I'll ping you after the con call"

"We can leverage our in-house talent"

"Let's go after the low hanging fruit"

Shit like that.

It's insulting to me, because the speaker obviously thinks very little of my intelligence. Why else would they presume I'm impressed by nonsensical bullshit like this?

I've read entire emails that went on for 3 pages, when a single paragraph could have conveyed the exact same message. Some folks have forgotten how to communicate ideas. I just want to grab some of them by the neck and say "Stop trying to sound smarter than you really are, and speak like a normal fucking human being".
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"not tonight, I have a headache"

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#18]
"Git-er-done"

Makes me wanna stomp puppies.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#19]
"Not a problem"

"Gotta do it"

"Hey girlfriend"

"Ninja"

"Dude"
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#20]
"Moving forward..."  

"Outside the box..."

Every time the boss says this shit, it makes me want to punch a nun.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

"Not a problem"

"Gotta do it"

"Hey girlfriend"

"Ninja"

"Dude"

I say dude all the time.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
"Git-er-done"

Makes me wanna stomp puppies.

I feel ya
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#23]
When people use the word "flavor" to describe a variety of anything but food. Such as:

"Durr what's your favorite flavor of AR? Hurr!"

It's a damn rifle, not a fucking ice-cream cone!  
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When people use the word "flavor" to describe a variety of anything but food. Such as:

"Durr what's your favorite flavor of AR? Hurr!"

It's a damn rifle, not a fucking ice-cream cone!  

That also reminded me of what one of my girlfriends says when shes ready to leave and it annoys the living hell out of me!!!

"Color me gone"
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a headhunter calling me who would always say, "I wanted to reach out to you" instead of a simple "I am calling you to..."

Utterly useless.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#26]
"Give back".

"Price point"

I do understand that language and slanguage both are constantly evolving/devolving.  

I am sure another dozen examples will pop into my head before the night is over.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#27]
"boss", especially when my actual boss calls me "boss". I have essentially taken that title from him he no longer has my respect.

I hear it all the time from people as a replacement for "sir", as in "can I help you find something sir?" or "have a good day sir", they can leave out the "sir" just don't substitute it with "boss".
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I had a headhunter calling me who would always say, "I wanted to reach out to you" instead of a simple "I am calling you to..."

Utterly useless.

I  lump all of that shit into the "business speak" category. Fuck, I really hate it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Cool story bro.

And so it begins...

This could be worse than Y2K.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Probably "under your nerves"

since it is neither "on your nerves" nor "under your skin"

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#31]
ish,, like as 40ish or some shit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#32]
People who use dumbass shortened names for guns. Like "Winny" or "Remmy" or my most hated "shotty"
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#33]
" at the end of the Day".
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#34]
The word "said" to refer to something previously mentioned as in, "need pics of said wife".

I guess people think it makes them sound smart.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#35]
"Begs the question", because it's so rarely used properly.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#36]
"Sick" used to describe something as badass.Hate that fucking word.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#37]
"Back in my day"

I don't care how un fucking believeably awesome and perfect the world used to be, doesn't help us now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#38]
"it's all good"

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Shit like that.

It's insulting to me, because the speaker obviously thinks very little of my intelligence. Why else would they presume I'm impressed by nonsensical bullshit like this?

I've read entire emails that went on for 3 pages, when a single paragraph could have conveyed the exact same message. Some folks have forgotten how to communicate ideas. I just want to grab some of them by the neck and say "Stop trying to sound smarter than you really are, and speak like a normal fucking human being".

Oh couch it Subnet. You're burning too many cycles on this.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#40]
"Yeah but still."

Drives me fuckin' nutty. You're basically saying "Excellent point, sir; I have nothing with which to retort. Nevertheless, I will cling to my irrational belief."

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Shit like that.

LOL... sounds like you and my wife work for the same outfit.

A couple that I hate: "form factor".  If you want to say that laptop A is smaller than laptop B, just say it's smaller.  Don't say "it has a smaller form factor".

Also, "pre-planning".  I thought you prepared for something by making a plan.  Carrying out that task is called "planning".  Is "pre-planning" what you do before planning?  Is there a pre-plan that comes before the plan?  "Co-conspirator" bugs me for much the same reason.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#42]
"To die for" as in, "This salad is to die for."

There are very few things in life worth dying for and those that exist are much more important than salad.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fixed Income.

I keep hearing it from seniors. No senior lives on a fixed income; they get automatic COLA.

If your talking about working people, then someone who is not allowed to work overtime is on a fixed income.

The other phrase that raises my blood pressure is "Ya undrstan wat i'm say'n?" Yeah, baby.

I hate that shit. I'm on a salary of about $33K but Mr. Spanish-American war vet fuck head is making $75K a year from annuities and such and I'm supposed to feel sorry for you because you don't want to work? Fuck off and die, please.

No, really, sooner would be better than later.

Greatest genereation, my ass.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#44]
The only ones that bug the shit out of me are the ones that murder the English language.  Examples include:

For all intensive purposes.

That's a good ideal. I think I'll try that!

Sooner than later.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#45]
When someone refers to a vacation as a Vay-Kay!  It drives me nuts and I don't know why.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Needs plus the past participle of a verb.

As in, "the house needs cleaned," or, "the dog needs fed."

It's not fucking right.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"utilize"

That fucking word is so over utilized!

And "paradigm," and especially "caveat." Every time I hear some fuckhead douchenozzle use "caveat" in a meeting I want to hurl a chair at them and scream "It means "warning," you chestbeating, window licking, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, Neanderthal!" It doesn't meant "piggyback" or "add to."
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#48]
"Cool story, Bro" or any of it variants
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#49]
"Recon Sunshine"

Drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Utterly useless.

I  lump all of that shit into the "business speak" category. Fuck, I really hate it.  

Another one is "You need to partner with (whom ever) and maximize your relationship."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top