Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:31:37 AM EDT
My 8 year old ( I took her trick or treating ) got home and dumped her sack on the kitchen table and one of my neighbors had given her a 1/4 pound stick of butter. WTF?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably a fellow arfcomer.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:33:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

LOL he had to cycle his preps.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:33:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I would consider that a bonus
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Neighbor across the street opened a big jar of green olives with pimento.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My 8 year old ( I took her trick or treating ) got home and dumped her sack on the kitchen table and one of my neighbors had given her a 1/4 pound stick of butter. WTF?

Do you live in the south?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:35:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Well... you daughter will have a funny story to tell her kids one day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]
my wife and I always joke about making a batch of chicken wings and just dumping a chicken wing in each bag,  unwrapped.  I think that would be hilarious.  And my chicken wings are the bomb.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Any neighbors borrow some butter?

They were just returning it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
my wife and I always joke about making a batch of chicken wings and just dumping a chicken wing in each bag,  unwrapped.  I think that would be hilarious.  And my chicken wings are the bomb.

I considered scoops of ice cream for teh giggles.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I gave out a couple dozen sample bottles of Hoppes Gun Oil last year to the bigger kids with no costume.  We didn't have any of those show up this year. A couple of years back, my neighbor had some candles burning near where we were sitting... and a crack whore, dressed up as a crack whore, set herself ablaze.  The neighbor ran into the garage, returned with a big fire extinguisher, and hosed her down.  All the screaming and cussing was hilarious.  No serious injuries though.  Sorry, no pics.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#11]
You could get a few of those loose bulk pack, 550 round ,"milk carton" cases of .22LR ammo and dump the rounds in a nice big bowl.  Let each kid grab a handful of rimfire goodness.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Is this one of your neighbours?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:47:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you keep it and throw it in the fridge?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:48:27 AM EDT
[#14]
lol. thats an odd one.

i had a old gal that would give out pencils and pennies for treats. i always hated going to that house.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#15]
That's hilarious. I wish I could have seen the expression on your faces.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I threw it in the garbage
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

from some of the posts it does make me wonder
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#18]
My nervous side would say cut it open to see if anything had been put inside, seems really odd to me to give butter.....
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:52:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I prefer bacon and candy cigarettes.

Interesting trivia:  there has NEVER been an instance of tampered halloween candy EVER recorded or reported.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#20]
we had a neighbor lady give out cupcakes one year and my mom made me "throw them away". i think dad just ate them.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Interesting trivia:  there has NEVER been an instance of tampered halloween candy EVER recorded or reported.

Not according to this:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/needles.asp

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to this:

I stand corrected, but as your article said, nearly ALL of those instances were hoaxes.
The perceived danger is mostly myth.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I hand out razor blades to emo kids.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So what does your Child sahy when they go to the door? I'll make a bet it's something lick. TRICK OR TREAT. So which one you think you got.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:17:23 AM EDT
[#26]

I lol'ed

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to this:

I stand corrected, but as your article said, nearly ALL of those instances were hoaxes.
The perceived danger is mostly myth.

I found that very interesting, thanks.  What it mainly informed me was, as above, a few "pranks" caused widespread fear due to the media (kind of like what they due in regards to guns), AND just throw apples away.  I've never been given an apple, unless it was a family member.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Thats equal to like 20 candy bars. You just dip the stick of butter in sugar and lick it like a popsicle.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#29]
My daughter is 10 and we went out last night.  Same neighborhood for the last 7 years.  

0ne dentist gives out tooth brush and sugerfree gum.  Most of the other candy was standard .  

When she gets older we will give out candy and I think fried bacon would be great.  

If you want to maximize the amount of candy your kid gets carry a bag and dump their bag into yours every 3 houses or so and everyone will feel sorry for your kid and give him or her more!    We found this out when she was 4 when I would carry her excess candy she would always get more than her friends.  

She does not eat much of it because the candy  disappears to the shop where the candy hogs scarf it up.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Maybe they heard that someone else was giving out popcorn.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

When I lived in the Seattle area many years ago there was an incident.  The day after Halloween the cops were knocking on everyone's door in my neighborhood and asking to search the premises for either tampered candy, the implements needed to tamper candy or whatever had been put in the tampered candy.  I was at work and the idiot GF allowed them to search my house.  Luckily for me the dog was penned outside and the guns were locked in a steel locker that she did not have a key to.  She claims they bugged her for a hour for the key to the locker, then threatened to break it open (but didn't) and said "We'll be back", but never returned.  According to rumors I head around a half a dozen kids in the neighborhood got sick Halloween night and the day after.  No one died and I never heard of anyone being charged, but the scuttlebutt said it was tampered Halloween candy.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Apparently you missed the house that was giving out bread.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#33]
My son returned home with a Jalapeno pepper in his bag.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#34]

well played sir
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#35]
My buddy's kids both got Halls Cough Drops in their bags (all the writing on them was in Spanish except the name).
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Butter > Habanero Lollipop
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When I lived in the Seattle area many years ago there was an incident.  The day after Halloween the cops were knocking on everyone's door in my neighborhood and asking to search the premises for either tampered candy, the implements needed to tamper candy or whatever had been put in the tampered candy.  I was at work and the idiot GF allowed them to search my house.  Luckily for me the dog was penned outside and the guns were locked in a steel locker that she did not have a key to.  She claims they bugged her for a hour for the key to the locker, then threatened to break it open (but didn't) and said "We'll be back", but never returned.  According to rumors I head around a half a dozen kids in the neighborhood got sick Halloween night and the day after.  No one died and I never heard of anyone being charged, but the scuttlebutt said it was tampered Halloween candy.

I can almost absolutely promise you that was just Seattle cops using a convenient excuse to be shitheads.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You could get a few of those loose bulk pack, 550 round ,"milk carton" cases of .22LR ammo and dump the rounds in a nice big bowl.  Let each kid grab a handful of rimfire goodness.

Your neighborhood, I want to live in it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#40]
what assholes, they didn't even deep fry it for her
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#41]
That's not bad, a couple years back, my fathers friends daughters got pencils with dick erasers.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some parents are idiots for (1) letting their kids eat so much candy that they get sick and (2) blaming someone for poisoning their kids when their own stupidity is at fault.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#43]
as mentioned, one local dentist used to give out toothbrushes.

this one old woman used to hand out 50 cents (2 quarters taped together)

there used to be some houses that would give out regular size candy bars too, they were the best ones.

and you would always end up with a bag full of apples or homemade popcorn balls.

i never got a stick of butter tho

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#44]
That would be the "trick" of the "trick or treat"  

Back in my day, (mid 80s to early 90s) we would usually launch anything that wasn't candy back at the house after we got down the driveway.  Oranges, apples, granola bars.  We wanted fucking candy, not hippy vegan shit!  Every year the same schmuck would get a bannana up the tailpipe of his Subaru Brat.  Some people never learn.

Nowadays, you would probably get arrested for giving out anything that wasn't made by some giant confectionary corporation.  I like the thoothbrush/toothpaste idea, but the thought of 11 year olds drawing a cock and balls on my car's rear window with Crest bright and minty would make me think twice.  Not to mention the liabaility of some retard kid eating the tube.

Also, I cannot believe how much Halloween has you folks shook-up!  From tough-guy drawdown threads to political dissertations to self-serving religious convictions it is proving that everyone really does have an asshole, and it sure smells like you would think.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Just remember...

One idiot was executed because he poisoned the treats he gave out one year.
I can't remember the year he did it and where, but I do remember the incident very well.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

That would be the "trick" of the "trick or treat"  

Back in my day, (mid 80s to early 90s) we would usually launch anything that wasn't candy back at the house after we got down the driveway.  Oranges, apples, granola bars.  We wanted fucking candy, not hippy vegan shit!

Every year the same schmuck would get a bannana up the tailpipe of his Subaru Brat.  Some people never learn.
Nowadays, you would probably get arrested for giving out anything that wasn't made by some giant confectionary corporation.  I like the thoothbrush/toothpaste idea, but the thought of 11 year olds drawing a cock and balls on my car's rear window with Crest bright and minty would make me think twice.  Not to mention the liabaility of some retard kid eating the tube.

Also, I cannot believe how much Halloween has you folks shook-up!

From tough-guy drawdown threads to political dissertations to self-serving religious convictions it is proving that everyone really does have an asshole, and it sure smells like you would think.

Well...

I had work to do yesterday, so no Halloween stories from me...

That said, under the original 'sense' of 'Trick or Treat'... Wouldn't the wise-ass who gives out butter, etc, be asking for a 'trick'?

If you don't want to participate, just don't answer the door....

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#47]
We had a retired nurse in our neighborhoood that gave out new toothbrushes (still sealed in the box). Must have cost her a lot of money to do that for every kid.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#48]
The only candy tampering incident I recall was a guy that poisoned his own son with a Pixie-Stick. He was caught and convicted. My Mom made us throw away Pixie-Sticks after that. One old lady on our street made popcorn balls that were the best.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Well at least it wasn't a condom or something "adult" like that. However butter is really
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#50]
HaHa we were jokeingly talking about giving popcornball kits, unpoped popcorn sugar and butter.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top