Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2009 6:54:56 PM EDT
It's Halloween and there aren't any scary stories threads on page one of GD.  You guys are slipping.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they told em all.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Well i been out of work for almost a month, i havent shaved in over 2 weeks, havent showered in 2 days, been sitting here at the computer in my boxers for about 3 days watching you tube videos and surfing arfcom. is that scary enough?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
ok this one time i was out driving and I pulled up to a stoplight and motioned the lady on the corner to come over, one thing led to another for the low price of 30 bucks and it was going great until
she was a man!

yep scared you so much you're not gonna pick up any hookers now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ok this one time i was out driving and I pulled up to a stoplight and motioned the lady on the corner to come over, one thing led to another for the low price of 30 bucks and it was going great until

she was a man!

yep scared you so much you're not gonna pick up any hookers now.

So how far did you get before you discovered "she" wasn't really a she?

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I have a creepy story. When I was younger I worked at a boyscout camp. My friend and I walked up to the pay phone at the Dinning hall about 11:45 to call this chick. We were standing there on the phone talking and looked over into the window and saw a Candle light flickering in the window and moving. While we were standing there watching this candle move He asked me if I had my key to the doors on the dinning hall. So I looked and I had mine, he also looked to see if he had his. They were also on his key ring. (we were the only two that had keys since we open and closed it every day) The candle went out of sight for a moment when it went around the corner and when it popped back out it was right at the window by the phone. Then the candle blew out and at the same time every light and the radio came on at the same time.Needless to say we ran like a cupple little girls as fast and as far way as we could. From about 100 yards away we watched and waited for the lights to go out. When they did we went back up to get our packs we left when we took off running. The pay phone that I dropped when we took of was Now hung up. We Never for the next 2 years working there in the summer went to use the phone after we left work for the night. That place still creeps me out to this day and This happend almost 11 years ago
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I like to wear womens underwear while I watch football.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well I have a creepy story. When I was younger I worked at a boyscout camp. My friend and I walked up to the pay phone at the Dinning hall about 11:45 to call this chick. We were standing there on the phone talking and looked over into the window and saw a Candle light flickering in the window and moving. While we were standing there watching this candle move He asked me if I had my key to the doors on the dinning hall. So I looked and I had mine, he also looked to see if he had his. They were also on his key ring. (we were the only two that had keys since we open and closed it every day) The candle went out of sight for a moment when it went around the corner and when it popped back out it was right at the window by the phone. Then the candle blew out and at the same time every light and the radio came on at the same time.Needless to say we ran like a cupple little girls as fast and as far way as we could. From about 100 yards away we watched and waited for the lights to go out. When they did we went back up to get our packs we left when we took off running. The pay phone that I dropped when we took of was Now hung up. We Never for the next 2 years working there in the summer went to use the phone after we left work for the night. That place still creeps me out to this day and This happend almost 11 years ago

That's more like it.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]
It was 1982 in Pacific Beach and my buddy Greg and I decided to take my P200E Vespa out for a spin around the neighborhood after midnight. A sea fog was coming in off of the Pacific Ocean.
I showed up at Greg's house and told him I needed to put some oil in the Vespa, he got some from his garage and we put it in. He ran back, put the can in the garage, and was running back to the
bike, putting his helmet on as he did. We used to mess around with my bike, I'd start driving off, and he'd run and jump on the back of the seat. Well, I looked forward and gunned the motor, I felt Greg
jump on and away we went. I looked to my left and saw the outline of Greg's helmet backlit by the street lights glowing in the sea fog. I turned onto the street that leads up to Mount Soledad, and saw
a telephone pole that was throwing a shadow onto the fog that looked like a huge cross. I pointed it out to Greg and I saw his helmet nod. We drove up the hill to Mount Soledad and I got to an inter-
section that had three churches at it. My bike shook violently and I asked Greg if he was alright, he nodded. A car pulled up alongside us at the light and the people looked at me funny. The light chang-
ed and I went through it and was approaching the causeway when I said to Greg that we might be able to see the flames from a brush fire that had been burning in Tierra Santa, as we crossed onto
the causeway to Mount Soledad, the bike shook violently again and I almost dumped it. I stopped the bike and turned around to ask Greg what the hell that was, Greg was GONE! I freaked out. I put the
Vespa on its center stand and looked over the steep edges on both side of the causeway, no sign of Greg. I hauled ass all the way back to Greg's house, sweating bullets and wondering how the
hell I was going to tell his parents at 1:30 a.m. that I'd lost their son off the back of my motorscooter. As I pull into Greg's driveway, he's standing there with a WTF look on his face. I explain what had happened and Greg said he'd run after me screaming to stop, I never heard him. My bike handled like it always did with two people on it. The next day we went to the Mission Bay public library and looked up old newspapers on micro-fiche to see what was up. We found a story from exactly 10 years before where a pair of teenagers had driven off the causeway at the spot I almost dumped it, and had died. No one would ever believe us, the few whom I've told this story too. I swear that a person was riding on the back of my bike that night, all the way up the hill to Mount Soledad.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I have tons of stories about that place it is just so hard to remember all of them after all these years. A lot of dead brain cells from my bartending days
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#11]
There is enough scary real shit happening in the country today that I don't need to hear ghost stories.  Not trying to shit on your thread, just saying.  Having said that, the motorcycle story was cool and creepy.  Too bad the guy didn't know the people who looked at him in the car.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, they gave me the wierdest look too!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I was staying in a hotel in Savannah (east bay inn). Savannah's known for ghosts obviously...

About 1am, I woke up to hear a wrapping on the window. (we were on the third floor). I look up, and my wife's staring back at me..."you hear it, too?". Well...yeah. The awning's being blown against the window...."No...it started in the bathroom and went across the room..." Apparently there was a tapping on the walls in the bathroom that woke her up. She then heard it go from the bathroom, to the armoire, to the window. I got up and opened the curtains to look outside. Yeah...the awning was blowing...but no sound now. As soon as I got back in bed, it started back. Tap, tap, tap...

Didn't sleep much that night....
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok the bike story is pretty freaky. I probably woulda shit myself after I got back and my buddy was there. Great story
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a couple from Basic (Great Lakes).

1st story:

One was, I was doing forward watch duty.  I kept hearing sounds in the head like there was someone in it––movement, and then flushing sounds.  This was probably maybe 45 minutes after lights-out, so no one should have been out of their rack.  So, I go to investigate who's up.

I go in there, no one is near the sinks or the toilets––all the toilet areas are on-spot.  No one is in the laundry area.  No one is in the shower area, either.  I go to do one more pass, to really make sure no one is hiding in there.  I'm checking all the toilets again to make sure they're all squared away, and I hear a sound like the sink is on.

So, I come around, expecting to see a shipmate.  There's no one there, but it looks like water is coming out of the tap and splashing onto the deck. So, I went to it to try and clean it up, but as I got closer I bent down to touch the water that was on the deck, and it was bone dry.  The "water" that had been coming out of the faucet?  Non-existent, and the faucet was turned all the way off.

––––

2nd Story:

I was in a holding unit since I failed my final run qual.

Me and another shipmate were pulling watch duty one morning.  We had two heads that we were using.  My duties included securing the head assigned to FIT, and hers was to secure the head assigned to the group in holding for various other reasons (educational qualifications.  I forget the group's name).

Anyway, my shipmate goes to do a walk-through of the head, leaving me in charge of the barracks.

Not five minutes goes by, and she comes back in and tells me that she had gone in there, hearing the sound of a shower on.  It was 2am, and there should have been no reason for anyone to be in the shower.

So, she went in there to find out who it was and same like my above story.  No one was there, but the shower looked like it was on and water was coming out of it.  But, when she stuck her arm in to turn the water off, she noticed that the "water" coming out was non-existent, and the floor that had looked wet was dry.

We also had all kind of other weird things happen.  Usually, around 4am we sometimes would go to do our final rounds, and the racks that had been fine a moment ago, were suddenly off spot, and towels and guard belts had been moved around.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah, they gave me the wierdest look too!

I've got a picture in my head of "Eddie" from Iron Maiden ride on the back of your scooter.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ok the bike story is pretty freaky. I probably woulda shit myself after I got back and my buddy was there. Great story

Yeah, I didn't want to ride the bike back home after that!

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I was five years old, visiting my grandparents in Chatham, Virginia, we were staying at the house my great-grandfather built. I got to sleep with my grandma and grandpa, I was in heaven. Middle of the night, something makes me awaken. I am laying on my back, between my grandparents. It's summer and hot in the house, we just had a sheet on the bed. All of sudden, the sheet flies of the bed as if a power roller was turned on. I was terrified. My grandma woke up, groped around for the sheet, then got off the bed and pickd the sheet up off the floor at the foot of the bed. I lay there for what feels like hours. All of a sudden, the sheet flies off the bed again. I had been holding onto it as tightly as I could and it burned my fingers, it flew off the bed so fast. My grandma sat upright in bed and said loudly, "Now you cut out that foolishness!", and then she went back to sleep. I didn't sleep a wink the rest of the night.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It was 1982 in Pacific Beach and my buddy Greg and I decided to take my P200E Vespa out for a spin around the neighborhood after midnight. A sea fog was coming in off of the Pacific Ocean.
I showed up at Greg's house and told him I needed to put some oil in the Vespa, he got some from his garage and we put it in. He ran back, put the can in the garage, and was running back to the
bike, putting his helmet on as he did. We used to mess around with my bike, I'd start driving off, and he'd run and jump on the back of the seat. Well, I looked forward and gunned the motor, I felt Greg
jump on and away we went. I looked to my left and saw the outline of Greg's helmet backlit by the street lights glowing in the sea fog. I turned onto the street that leads up to Mount Soledad, and saw
a telephone pole that was throwing a shadow onto the fog that looked like a huge cross. I pointed it out to Greg and I saw his helmet nod. We drove up the hill to Mount Soledad and I got to an inter-
section that had three churches at it. My bike shook violently and I asked Greg if he was alright, he nodded. A car pulled up alongside us at the light and the people looked at me funny. The light chang-
ed and I went through it and was approaching the causeway when I said to Greg that we might be able to see the flames from a brush fire that had been burning in Tierra Santa, as we crossed onto
the causeway to Mount Soledad, the bike shook violently again and I almost dumped it. I stopped the bike and turned around to ask Greg what the hell that was, Greg was GONE! I freaked out. I put the
Vespa on its center stand and looked over the steep edges on both side of the causeway, no sign of Greg. I hauled ass all the way back to Greg's house, sweating bullets and wondering how the
hell I was going to tell his parents at 1:30 a.m. that I'd lost their son off the back of my motorscooter. As I pull into Greg's driveway, he's standing there with a WTF look on his face. I explain what had happened and Greg said he'd run after me screaming to stop, I never heard him. My bike handled like it always did with two people on it. The next day we went to the Mission Bay public library and looked up old newspapers on micro-fiche to see what was up. We found a story from exactly 10 years before where a pair of teenagers had driven off the causeway at the spot I almost dumped it, and had died. No one would ever believe us, the few whom I've told this story too. I swear that a person was riding on the back of my bike that night, all the way up the hill to Mount Soledad.

Hmm, Pacific beach is small.  Probably was even smaller in 1982.  That was six years before I was born.

Quoted:
I was five years old, visiting my grandparents in Chatham, Virginia, we were staying at the house my great-grandfather built....................

Did you ask either of your grandparents about that the next morning?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I lived on the the northwest corner of Ingraham and Buena Vista, in PB. Yeah, I told them both and they just chuckled and said it was "mischievious spirits".
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Company 277, I went through in 1990.  However, I never experienced anything like that.

Quoted:
I have a couple from Basic (Great Lakes).

1st story:

One was, I was doing forward watch duty.  I kept hearing sounds in the head like there was someone in it––movement, and then flushing sounds.  This was probably maybe 45 minutes after lights-out, so no one should have been out of their rack.  So, I go to investigate who's up.

I go in there, no one is near the sinks or the toilets––all the toilet areas are on-spot.  No one is in the laundry area.  No one is in the shower area, either.  I go to do one more pass, to really make sure no one is hiding in there.  I'm checking all the toilets again to make sure they're all squared away, and I hear a sound like the sink is on.

So, I come around, expecting to see a shipmate.  There's no one there, but it looks like water is coming out of the tap and splashing onto the deck. So, I went to it to try and clean it up, but as I got closer I bent down to touch the water that was on the deck, and it was bone dry.  The "water" that had been coming out of the faucet?  Non-existent, and the faucet was turned all the way off.

––––

2nd Story:

I was in a holding unit since I failed my final run qual.

Me and another shipmate were pulling watch duty one morning.  We had two heads that we were using.  My duties included securing the head assigned to FIT, and hers was to secure the head assigned to the group in holding for various other reasons (educational qualifications.  I forget the group's name).

Anyway, my shipmate goes to do a walk-through of the head, leaving me in charge of the barracks.

Not five minutes goes by, and she comes back in and tells me that she had gone in there, hearing the sound of a shower on.  It was 2am, and there should have been no reason for anyone to be in the shower.

So, she went in there to find out who it was and same like my above story.  No one was there, but the shower looked like it was on and water was coming out of it.  But, when she stuck her arm in to turn the water off, she noticed that the "water" coming out was non-existent, and the floor that had looked wet was dry.

We also had all kind of other weird things happen.  Usually, around 4am we sometimes would go to do our final rounds, and the racks that had been fine a moment ago, were suddenly off spot, and towels and guard belts had been moved around.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top