Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 4:37:54 AM EDT
From the article:

"Real solutions to the fiscal crisis won't be easy. But consideration of long-term structural changes to generate revenues -- including some tax increases -- must begin right away."

There ya go fellas a brilliant solution to a difficult problem. "Just Raise Taxes".

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19015-2002Feb15.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It would have to pass the republican house of delegates.  They better not vote for it as long as they wish to be re-elected.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#2]
re-election!  they have plenty of time to blame someone else.

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#3]
The only ones who read the Washington Post in this house are my 2 cats... They read it when they are in the can...
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
We tried that here in Maryland, raised taxes, then raised them some more.  Guess what?  We still have a budget problem, but in the meanwhile all the productive people have moved to other states.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 5:29:24 AM EDT
[#5]
What I am scared off is that Warner will try to "fix" the problem in four short years and then step on to bigger and better things.

That's the problem the a one term politician, he is not accountable for what goes on under his watch.

First thing he'll do is freeze the cost of  living raise to ALL state employees and then take the State Police helicopter to a fundriser dinner!
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
They need to look at new york......start a LOTTERY!.....when that does`nt work....legalize GAMBLING.....when that does`nt work.....lay-off state employees....when that does`nt work................of course...the politicos get a big fat raise every time they come up with the grand solution......my-my george....we just don`t see how you can possibly live on 90,000 dollars per year...here`s 90 more...and for you too sam..and for yopu too ed....gee....why can`t we EVER find a solution to these budget problems?....who`s on the phone?..bill?...give him a 90,000 dollar raise too!.......now...where were we?....(do I know politics or what?).....[flame]
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They need to look at new york......start a LOTTERY!.....when that does`nt work....legalize GAMBLING.....when that does`nt work.....lay-off state employees....when that does`nt work................of course...the politicos get a big fat raise every time they come up with the grand solution......my-my george....we just don`t see how you can possibly live on 90,000 dollars per year...here`s 90 more...and for you too sam..and for yopu too ed....gee....why can`t we EVER find a solution to these budget problems?....who`s on the phone?..bill?...give him a 90,000 dollar raise too!.......now...where were we?....(do I know politics or what?).....[flame]
View Quote

Ummm.... Dude, we have a lottery.

The lottery is the stock market for poor, stupid people.  Those who have any sense save their money and invest it, but poor people ain't poor because the world isn't fair, they're poor because they make bad decisions.  Just like the government.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top