Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 12:40:08 AM EDT
Just in on the press, Australian SAS soldier, 33, married with a two week old child (who he has never  seen), has been killed today in Afghanistan.

On patrol he somehow detonated a mine. It is unsure at this time if he was vehicle mounted (AT mine) or on foot (AP mine). Whatever it was it killed him.

He was evac'd to Kandahar where US medicos did all they could for him, but he unfortunatly succumed to his wounds.

As a soldier myself, I feel the loss of a fellow countryman, and my sympathies go out to his family and friends.

1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#1]
My heart goes out to his family and many thanks for the sacrifice from the US.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The Australians are always on our side if my history is recalled corectly, But they never get the credit like the Brits and other countries get. My prayers go out for his family.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:12:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, 1feral1, God bless the soldier and his family!

It's not the first time that Yanks and Aussies have fought together side by side, and died together side by side, in a just and noble war!

And whenever America or Australia find themselves compelled go to war again, I know we'll be side by side again.

We just seem to be two peoples made for each other.

And the only people [u]that[/u] should be upset about that would be our common enemies!

Eric The(Grieving)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#5]
He who shedeth his blood beside me in rightious cause, Shall be my brother. for all of the rest of my days.

My deepest regrets at his family and Austrailia's loss.

But that all our allies should be as steadfast as the people of Australia.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top