Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2009 7:49:44 PM EDT
My friend ordered some of them and they came in this week, so tonight we decided to try em out.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

I picked out the smallest one from the bag, chewed it for about 3-4 seconds and swallowed it.

Immediately my mouth was on FIRE my throat swelled up and it was hard to breathe, my eyes were tearing and became red. My nose was dripping and just WOW.

He recorded this on his cell phone, but I haven't seen the video yet and I'm not sure if he's gonna upload it. These things are a serious kick to the groin. Habaneros and jalapenos I can eat no problem, but this was on a whole 'nother level of spiciness. It wasn't even enjoyable. I was expecting a lot worse from the videos I saw on youtube and what people said about these things. My mouth and throat were burning for about 15-20 minutes afterwards, and I can still feel it in my stomach.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't had any personally, but have seen videos of folks eating them and the ensuing hilarity.

Send a couple over to me, I'll send you the shipping $ (and the Dr. bill).

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I haven't had any personally, but have seen videos of folks eating them and the ensuing hilarity.

Send a couple over to me, I'll send you the shipping $ (and the Dr. bill).

My friend has about 100 of them. He ordered a few too many.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I still don't understand what motivates people to eat shit like that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]

exactly what I was thinking of
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My parent's neighbor grew about 8 plants worth of those peppers.

They welcomed the neighborhood to harvest most of them.  I snagged about 8 peppers on my last visit to the Parents.

I've saved some seeds to grow next season...

EATA (Edited Again To Add): When drying the Bhut Jolokias, they were almost 3x as pungent as my Orange habaneros.

Win!
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah it was kinda like that.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
wait till it comes out the other end
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Just be sure to wet the toilet paper in the morning.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just be sure to wet the toilet paper in the morning.

Yep. NOT looking forward to that.

Going to have the shower up and running so I can do a quick wash down.

eta. It's been a few hours and I'm still burping it up and feeling it in my chest.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#11]
out here in japan, they have packages of curry made with the naga jolokia, its really hot, but REALLY good. i love hotstuff. i can handle it pretty well. others, not so well
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The endorphine rush is always fun. If you eat enough hot stuff, the pain doesn't really bother you after a while.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#13]
yes! I have a container in my bag @ work.. they're no joke.. hottest thing i've ever eaten.

But I love 'em...
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Raw habaneros are hot enough for me, but I have been tempted lately.  Eating a whole pepper once caused my throat to seize up, and I nearly vomited from how it made my stomach feel after.  These were some that I grew that varied wildly in how hot they were.  Some of them seemed more intense than usual, and some were tolerable.  I take the seeds out when preparing any foods with them, and they still end up with enough heat.  There is a Thai place near here that is supposed to serve what I believe is Pad Thai with the Naga Jolokia incorporated.  I intend on trying it eventually.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#15]
pic for proof... good stuff!

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#16]
where do you get something like that?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I was wondering what those little suckers were.

Thanks ARFCOM.

2 plants produced about a dozen or so fruits. Gave some to friends and still have 'enough' to last for awhile...

Roasted some in the smoker with some ribs one Sunday. BIL is over for dinner and wants to man-up and chew one down; pops a big chunk in and starts to chew. Less than 30 seconds later he's panting, drooling and heading for the kitchen to find an extinguisher. Just so he wouldn't feel bad I toss one in and give it a grind on the old molars. A moment later I'm standing next to him trying to hit my mouth with a spoonful of yogurt,and another and another and another and another...it's a relentless heat––no it's more like sucking on hot coals from the grill and you're wondering the whole time if you're doing any permanent irreversible damage to the soft tissues in your mouth and throat.

Now, the next door neighbor decides we're pussies and wants some of the pain action...I give him a pepper, he bites the end off and starts to tear up immediately abandoning his children playing in the yard and heads inside...didn't see him again for 2 days and he said it was the single most painful event he's experienced so far.

We've got good friends over for BBQ. Another curious pepper belly steps up for a taste. Only this time, he's convinced that he'll cool it down by removing the seeds and stripping out the veins. Hahahahahahahahaha

Serving up fresh homemade double dark chocolate brownies for dessert, I grab a knife and carve the pan. Unknown to me, the knife used to cut the brownies was used to clean the peppers...even after washing, there's enough residue to light up a pan of brownies! Now, it's tolerable and tasty hot!

When I saw the host from the video shoveling that spaghetti in I knew he was in for big trouble.

I think I may have eaten a hotter pepper somewhere once, but danged if I can remember when or where.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I ordered mine from americanspice.com - I bought the 1 oz jar, it was about 30 dried peppers. We got the inspiration from Adam Richmond on Man Vs. Food (MVF!). We were going to go to San Antonio to do the same four horsemen burger challenge that he did, but we figured we'd just do it here. Got all 4 peppers together, Habanero, Serrano, Jalapeno, and Ghost peppers and made them into some lumpia (Filipino egg rolls).

It was brutal. I still have some in my freezer - I thaw one out occasionally when I'm feeling brave - these things are seriously hot. They register ~1,000,000 scoville units. A habanero is ~350,000, a jalapeno is ~2,500. That puts a ghost pepper at 400x hotter than a Jalapeno.

It's true.

Scoville Wiki
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Seriously you are going to die

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like you are going to scratch the porcelain of your toilet with your fingernails hot...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

can confirm this. hurts coming out too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

just get some chipotle away and youll be good  
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

just get some chipotle away and youll be good  

LOL!

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:53:15 AM EDT
[#24]
For some reason, every time I see this thread title it looks like it says"ninja jolokia pepper".

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
For some reason, every time I see this thread title it looks like it says"ninja jolokia pepper".

they're spicer than most ninjas...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:00:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ordered mine from americanspice.com - I bought the 1 oz jar, it was about 30 dried peppers. We got the inspiration from Adam Richmond on Man Vs. Food (MVF!). We were going to go to San Antonio to do the same four horsemen burger challenge that he did, but we figured we'd just do it here. Got all 4 peppers together, Habanero, Serrano, Jalapeno, and Ghost peppers and made them into some lumpia (Filipino egg rolls).

It was brutal. I still have some in my freezer - I thaw one out occasionally when I'm feeling brave - these things are seriously hot. They register ~1,000,000 scoville units. A habanero is ~350,000, a jalapeno is ~2,500. That puts a ghost pepper at 400x hotter than a Jalapeno.

It's true.

Scoville Wiki

That scoville chart answers a question about a really potent, tiny pepper I had an experience with once. I had a little plant sold as an ornamental "bird's eye" pepper. I figured it's ornamental, can't be that hot, right? The chart has them in the same range as habaneros.
No wonder it burned me right up.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:58:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Naga Jolokia actually means "King Cobra Chili".  

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#28]
This is great stuff.........Get it here........Jolokia  Sauce Link

Yes it's HOT
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a bhut jalokia growing right now! It has teeny tiny peppers on it!!

Search you tube for bhut jalokia links. I started a thread about it at the beginning of garden season but nobody seemed impressed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#30]
I had some in the garden this year.

I'm used to Habeneros and eat them whole from the garden.

I tried that with the ghost pepper and things did not go so well, it was hotter than what I was used too.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#31]

"10 Seconds Later."  LOL !!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Search you tube for bhut jalokia links. I started a thread about it at the beginning of garden season but nobody seemed impressed.

where did you find the seeds? I was interested in growing some...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like you are going to scratch the porcelain of your toilet with your fingernails hot...

Yeah it was horrible. Afterwards I sat down to tie my shoes and it felt just like it did when I was eating it, but from the other end.

I couldn't sit down on the subway, or for a few hours after. Seriously.

However, the next day my friend ordered the 'spicy' hot wings from a restaurant with the habanero and a few other hot pepper sauces mixed in, and when I tasted it my mouth was completely invulnerable to it's spiciness. That ghost pepper gave me some sort of temporary intolerance.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Come on ice cream!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got them free from a gardening seed trade forum, daves garden I think. They have a whole section on the super hot peppers.  I have no garentee they are pure bhut's but so far they look like it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Only attempted to eat the pepper plain once. I do enjoy grinding/finely chopping them to cook with though. 2 ribeyes(about 3/4 pound each) + 1/3 Jolokia pepper + enough heat to cook to your liking=one great meal.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Only attempted to eat the pepper plain once. I do enjoy grinding/finely chopping them to cook with though. 2 ribeyes(about 3/4 pound each) + 1/3 Jolokia pepper + enough heat to cook to your liking=one great meal.

Roger this. Have to learn the fine art of 'proportioning' to find an appreciation for Naga Jolokia.

Mixed the uneaten remains of one smoked Naga with some dried 'meat' from a Hatch 'hot' chili also smoked. Finely chopped with seeds removed. Applied sparingly to a batch of fresh salsa and it was excellent heat that you could actually enjoy and savor. Not to be applied directly to  mouth tissue! Must be mixed 'down' with other spices.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Ordered!

I'm going to put them in a chimmichurri to go with a flank steak that will have ground ghost peppers on the surface seared into it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://seedrack.com/08.html?gclid=COm_88n-8psCFQIyxwodzg48-A

They have a little of everything. I picked up some tobacco, venus flytraps and kona coffee too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://seedrack.com/08.html?gclid=COm_88n-8psCFQIyxwodzg48-A

They have a little of everything. I picked up some tobacco, venus flytraps and kona coffee too.

Good luck with your Dionaea.
They're a pain in the ass to grow from seed.
3-5 years before you see a trap.

That looks like a cool link, lots of exotics there.
I grow Chiltepins, they're small but they're mighty.

Tobacco is easy, look for my threads in the outdoor section.
I have seed for sale if you want to try another variety.
If anybody else wants some IM me for details.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The endorphine rush is always fun. If you eat enough hot stuff, the pain doesn't really bother you after a while.

Pretty much. You can get a decent buzz going on hot peppers.

The hottest one I ever ate produced a euphoric sensation (bout like drinking a couple beers) followed by my ears ringing.

I can't even clearly recall it being hot.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Mexico State University sells them, I believe.

Page 18
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the headsup....none for me now!

HH
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Fuck! I just missed Hell Night! I never even heard of this place. I'm going next year definitely. If it doesn't make me break a sweat then it isn't hot!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much. You can get a decent buzz going on hot peppers.

The hottest one I ever ate produced a euphoric sensation (bout like drinking a couple beers) followed by my ears ringing.

I can't even clearly recall it being hot.

I didnt realize there was a endorphine rush envolved in eating really hot food. I got some peppers one time from a farmer up north that damn near killed me and the wife. Took a bite out of one while driving, next thing I know Im fucking blind. Those were some hot fuckers

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Check out this poor Aussie eating a Dorset Naga.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger this. Have to learn the fine art of 'proportioning' to find an appreciation for Naga Jolokia.

Mixed the uneaten remains of one smoked Naga with some dried 'meat' from a Hatch 'hot' chili also smoked. Finely chopped with seeds removed. Applied sparingly to a batch of fresh salsa and it was excellent heat that you could actually enjoy and savor. Not to be applied directly to  mouth tissue! Must be mixed 'down' with other spices.

A friend(the guy who got me into these peppers) makes some salsa with them-of course, he ends up eating it  before we work together again. I need to get around to ordering some myself. I isually bum 2-3 at a time from him. I did brew up a pot of chili with one pepper-turned out pretty good, but it was a lot of chili. I was eating it for a week and a half(wife is not a chili fan, hot, mild or other-she'll eat deer any way I cook it though).

ETA-do NOT scratch your balls after handling jolokias-especially after chopping and seasoning with them. Just don't do it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#48]

ETA-do NOT scratch your balls after handling jolokias-especially after chopping and seasoning with them. Just don't do it.

Oh my holy crap, this is so true––-I got done making some habbie hot sauce one night, and went to pee––––I thought I was going to die starting about 10 minutes after I took a leak.  I finally figured out what had happened, my wife still gives me shit about it––––she laughed her ass off all night....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
pic for proof... good stuff!

http://i33.tinypic.com/immivm.jpg

Get to work!!!  

J/K, those little fuckers are hot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top