Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/30/2009 2:34:34 PM EDT
This is probably a dupe but i did search back 3 months and didnt see it.

For Good Measure

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah that was like last week.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Obviously rigged.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the AK just as much as the next AK fanboy, but it isn't as impervious to dirt and dust as some of them say, and the AR isn't as susceptible to dirt and dust as some of the haters like to insist.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy cow that guy shoveled alot of dirt on his AR and it still worked
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh wait a minute, according to YT commenters that AK jammed because its .223, that wasn't a real AK. This test was rigged. (Insert more AK fanboy excuses) And guys in Iraq get their AKs dirty and let them rust up for the hell of it. I want to fucking rip my monitor off my desk and throw it through my window sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
H&K told us that was unpossible!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh wait a minute, according to YT commenters that AK jammed because its .223, that wasn't a real AK. This test was rigged. (Insert more AK fanboy excuses) And guys in Iraq get their AKs dirty and let them rust up for the hell of it. I want to fucking rip my monitor off my desk and throw it through my window sometimes.

I think it jammed because it got a lot of dirt inside it.

HK416 > M4
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Put pebbles in the FCG and the gun doesn't want to work... Gee, I wonder what happened!
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like the AK just as much as the next AK fanboy, but it isn't as impervious to dirt and dust as some of them say, and the AR isn't as susceptible to dirt and dust as some of the haters like to insist.

The test looks impressive to the uninformed viewer, but it isn't anything special.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The test looks impressive to the uninformed viewer, but it isn't anything special.

That AR had a lot of dirt put on it, then just a quick shake to get the most of it off and it still worked. How is that not impressive?

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That AR had a lot of dirt put on it, then just a quick shake to get the most of it off and it still worked. How is that not impressive?

All the dirt sat on top of the carrier, then fell off when he shook it. For the AK, he left the safety off, which allowed the dirt to flow in and fill the receiver. Of course it wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it jammed because it got a lot of dirt inside it.

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjMH94PuT_I">HK416 > M4</a>

I was being sarcastic. the point being, someone will find some sort of excuse to justify what they like. There are plenty vids out there of DI guns getting submerged and then shot. HK propaganda.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Good stuff
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All the dirt sat on top of the carrier, then fell off when he shook it. For the AK, he left the safety off, which allowed the dirt to flow in and fill the receiver. Of course it wouldn't work.

The carrier was fully retracted and held open when he was dumping dirt on the rifle. It wasn't closed, nor was the dust cover closed.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The carrier was fully retracted and held open when he was dumping dirt on the rifle. It wasn't closed, nor was the dust cover closed.

Are you talking about around the 3min mark? If so, it got me the first time, too, but he closes the bolt right after inserting the mag.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you talking about around the 3min mark? If so, it got me the first time, too, but he closes the bolt right after inserting the mag.

It's impossible to fire a round through the AR without the bolt closed......

He opened the bolt and had the bolt-hold engaged to hold it open. Dumped the sand on the weapon, picked it up, shook most of the sand out, put in a mag, closed the bolt, and then fired.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a design flaw in the AK to me.  Open dust cover allows debris access to the FCG.  This is one area where Stoner got it right, and Kalishnikof (?SP?) clearly got it wrong.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#19]
It was called on another website,

I could say more but they have to much of a following here
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#20]
but but but, thats only possible with a piston AR  

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Design flaw, not test flaw.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He opened the bolt and had the bolt-hold engaged to hold it open. Dumped the sand on the weapon, picked it up, shook most of the sand out, put in a mag, closed the bolt, and then fired.

What was the time in the vid that he did this?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Design flaw, not test flaw.  

Ok
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really isn't a fair test. Close the AR and leave the AK open. Also what I've noticed when most people do a AR/AK test they use a top quality AR, and a crappy WASR or SAR for the AK.

I have done multiple tests with AK and had them work. They aren't as bad as the video makes it appear
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Someone already bitched about it being 223 and there is a new video with a AK74 5.45 being tested.

Of course someone else is goona bitch that it's not a AK 7.62. And then someone after that is goona bitch that it's not using '50s ammo. And then someone after that is gonna bitch that it's a Romanian not a XXXX. and then someone after...
EDIT: AK74 test

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone already bitched about it being 223 and there is a new video with a AK74 5.45 being tested.

Of course someone else is goona bitch that it's not a AK 7.62. And then someone after that is goona bitch that it's not using '50s ammo. And then someone after that is gonna bitch that it's a Romanian not a XXXX. and then someone after...

Hahaha. Yeah I saw that test. The AK74 failed it too. And the AK74 had some heavy R&D put into it by the Soviets to make sure it was just as reliable as the AK47, so the argument that failed because it aint an AK47 wont work either.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#28]
So much for the AK being unstoppable.

The funny thing was when I was in the Marine Corps, I never had any jams when I used a mag that wasn't one of thos old black follower POS types.

In Iraq I had ZERO jams.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well?

It looked like he closed the bolt every time to me, but that means nothing.  How much time is ever spent with the bolt back on an AR?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How much time is ever spent with the bolt back on an AR?

None. It would have been BS, which is probably why he didn't do it. I just want ArmyInfantryVet to acknowledge that he is that someone who is wrong on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well?

that means nothing.  How much time is ever spent with the bolt back on an AR?

+1

VERY GOOD POINT.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fail.

So, sue me

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Ha! I win.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRRUuXyspT0

I would like to see a Non-Cav arms test..............
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well..we're waiting. I don't see anything wrong with the way he's doing those tests.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#37]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbe4maIL0A0

There it is the end all be all of tests! Oh noes! Look just decide what gun is best for you because it alwas depends on who is doing the testing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LpHkf2r_dk

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

There it is the end all be all of tests! Oh noes! Look just decide what gun is best for you because it alwas depends on who is doing the testing.

Some clueless dumbfuck banging away on the FA before shooting has little bearing on the quality of an AR-15. I'd wager the rest of that weapon was commensurate with his skills.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You really want to hold up an no name AR in the hands of some ate up dirt shooters?  I mean the extractor broke!  Who the fuck made the AR?

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LpHkf2r_dk  

I meant with a AK.

The AR-15 is a perfectly good system when it is maintained correctly
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I meant with a AK.

The AR-15 is a perfectly good system when it is maintained correctly

I did it with my Saiga 308 too, safety on, it malfunctioned.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Lol. See all depends on who is doing the test. Get which ever one tickles you go to Somalia and have a blast.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Put the dust cover up on the AK, and I guarantee it fires.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Put the dust cover up on the AK AR, and I guarantee it fires.

Oh wait, it does anyway.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#46]
wow cav arms has some nice ak mags
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Lol. See all depends on who is doing the test. Get which ever one tickles you go to Somalia and have a blast.

You seem to not understand that plenty of people in this thread have done just that (or Iraq, or Afghanistan, or all of the above).

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#48]
These dirt tests are all fucking stupid anyway. None of them reflect reality. I NEVER EVER had or seen or even heard of someone's weapon falling into a pile of sand and getting all covered in sand, anyway. Hell, one time I was in the field, we spent a whole week, and my hooch was on a hill basically made of all loose sand dune kinda sand, and I NEVER had trouble keep sand out of my weapon.

It's about as dumb as doing a test between cars by seeing which one can run the longest without any oil inside the engine. Well, no one who cares at all about their vehicle is going to let their car run without oil. It's all fucking stupid and doesn't prove anything.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

These dirt tests are all fucking stupid anyway. None of them reflect reality. I NEVER EVER had or seen or even heard of someone's weapon falling into a pile of sand and getting all covered in sand, anyway. Hell, one time I was in the field, we spent a whole week, and my hooch was on a hill basically made of all loose sand dune kinda sand, and I NEVER had trouble keep sand out of my weapon.

It's about as dumb as doing a test between cars by seeing which one can run the longest without any oil inside the engine. Well, no one who cares at all about their vehicle is going to let their car run without oil. It's all fucking stupid and doesn't prove anything.

I had a shit ton of dirt kicked on me and my weapon once, Marine scrambling down a berm to take cover.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a shit ton of dirt kicked on me and my weapon once, Marine scrambling down a berm to take cover.  

Haha. that had to suck

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top