Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 5:30:24 PM EDT
What are your thoughts on these for an AR-15?  Want a nice cqb sight other than the iron sights on it.  This is for a flat top.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the Trijicon Reflex II 12.5moa triangle and the OKO.

I'd take the Reflex if my life depended on it, but the OKO is a good sight for the money.

The triangle works better than a dot, since it's larger for quick aquisition, but the tip is smaller than the dot for precision.

The OKO's best feature is how bright you can crank it up.

Can't comment on the Eotech.

For some reviews, check out the [url=http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/opticssights.msnw]Optics Reviews at the Maryland AR15 Shooters Site[/url]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Trij.-RII w/ 12.5 moa triangle here as well.

Hard to beat.....easy to use......easy to master.

My other sight is an Aimpoint Comp ML/2 w/ 4 moa dot.

Also, a very nice, sophisticated sight.  The new battery technology makes dead batteries much less likely.

Would pick the trij. in a pinch
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Any other ideas?  And how much do they cost?  
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 12:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the OKO and like it. Can't comment on the others, but since you're looking for more ideas, check out the new Leupold.
Took the following from their site.

Leupold’s new Mark 4® CQ/T™ is a revolutionary optical sight for tactical firearms such as the AR-15 and M16, combining the strengths of a red dot sight and a variable-power riflescope. It was developed by Leupold in cooperation with elite military forces and law enforcement agencies from around the globe to help you accomplish a range of missions you can’t tackle with any other single scope.

Use the Mark 4 CQ/T at 1x and it functions as a non-magnifying, illuminated sight for tactical scenarios or engaging targets at extremely close range. Dial up to 3x and you can accurately engage targets at medium ranges. The Circle Dot reticle ensures fast target acquisition. Use the circle’s edge to lead targets at long distances. You can also estimate range with the Circle Dot reticle.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top