Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2009 6:57:23 AM EDT
So how is class going? Still with it or did ya drop it?

I'm still going strong.. going to the open fencing times too. so I've been working on it 4 days a week, sparing and foot work..

I'm looking at competing in the spring.. Veterans class foil..

and I found a forum that's the equilvelent of arfcom but of the fencing world.. they are just as nutty there as you guys are here..

And im finding chicks dig guy that fence.. so there might be some hope for a few of ya..
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
And im finding chicks dig guy that fence.. so there might be some hope for a few of ya..

I have a sabre an ancestor liberated from a Yankee. Could I get some action if I ran around swinging it and yelling some fencing lingo?

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Katana's FTW!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Katana's FTW!!!!!!!

only if you want to chop a magical unicorn in half..
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#4]
on another note.. I was watching Die Another Day.. Why the F, did bond have a left hand jacket on when hes a righty?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Chain link or privacy?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]
McNasty.  
  On the bond issue, I haven't watched the movie in a long while, the only thing I could come up with would be for some sort of cinematic something er other...did it happen to accentuate his Omega watch?
  Back to fencing, I take it you're newish to the sport?  Don't be surprised if you only lose by a little in the opening rounds (this is again if you're new and haven't been to a tourney before).  Better fencers will only use as little energy to beat you as needed, saving up for later matches.

Good luck and have tons of fun!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Better fencers will only use as little energy to beat you as needed, saving up for later matches.

Good luck and have tons of fun!
thats what the coach keeps telling me. I guess stamaina is an issue with competing all day..

I got my Epee and body cord last night!

then and hr and a half of Epee sparing and 30 mins of Foil.. im so not moving fast today.. LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top