Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 1:47:16 PM EDT
Got there 1/2 hour before opening. LONG LONG line to get in. Lots more vendors this time too.

Prices were the same as usual. $50 for 20 round M1A GI and $30 for 30 round AR mags. Picked up 2 boxes of Remington 158gr SWCHP +P .38 special for $20. $3 for a used, but in very good shape Streamlight 4AA. Can't figure out how to get the batteries in though. Saw a couple nice womenz running some tables. I think I saw some guy with an AR15.com shirt, but didn't say anything because he looked scary.

No Kettle Korn this time due to eating other stuffs like a waffle dog and 2 bags of cinnamon and sugar coated cashews and pecans.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
pardon my ignorance

What the heck is a waffle dog?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, it must suck to be Canadian.  Can't cross the border for gun-related activities, and now I learn you don't even have waffle dogs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
How come you didn't say hi to me.  I'm gonna git cha next time!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to one today too, in Clarence NY
lots of over priced stuff
$20-30 for preban AR15 mags that were showing a lot of the bronze colored under finish (not sure what it's really refered to). I did find one guy with some for $15. I bought the 3 that were 90-100%, the rest were around 50-75% finish. Mostly Parsons
one table had mauser 98s for under $100, but the stocks were cracking, and literally falling apart.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
i went to one in mn today with my gf and she goes 'isn't that like the one you have?' when i picked up an AR.  we bought some bad guy targets to use as posters cuz they look kinda cool.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone in NY want to do some arbitrage?  I'll buy mags in WA for $15-$20 each, and you can sell them in NY for $30 each, and we can both become rich.

Do people actually BUY those $30 mags, or is it like the guy here in WA who buys up every single round of weird ammo and then tries to sell them for twice the price??
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Waaaaa

WHAT IS A WAFFLE DOG!!!!!

Do you put syrup on it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Posted by sharky30...
AR15 mags that were showing a lot of the bronze colored under finish (not sure what it's really refered to)
View Quote

Sharky, that is the hard-anodized finish on the aluminum. As long as it is intact, the mags are good to go, regardless of how much dry film lube is left.

...And what on God's green Earth is a WAFFLE DOG???
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I am totally jonesing for a gun show. I haven't one in two months. For $6 it is cheaper than a movie (and funnier).
Plus there is usually a couple good ammo dealers in the place.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Okay, I'm not Canadian, and I don't know what the hell a waffle dog is either.  

The Canadian members were kind enough to enlighten me to the world of butter tarts.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

HEY! Thanks for reminding me... I forgot that it was this weekend! I think this is only the second year that they had this show, and it seemed to have been a real hit... it was pretty crowded this time. Lots of people walking around wearing various types of camo... one guy was even dressed up as a WW2 German soldier, complete with helmet(!).

I headed out there right after I read your post this morning. You're right: lots of over-priced stuff. There was the obligatory beef-jerky guy ($1.50 per piece...) and the Nazi regalia guy with every inch of his arms covered in colored tattoos. One table was covered with Russian Tokarev rifles (IIRC) for $39.95 or two for $70... no one was touching them.

Freeman's Sport Shop had a nice Armalite AR-10 with the brown furniture and the charging handle inside the carry handle. I saw a nice 6-inch nickel Python... nice, but don't NEED it; I wanted the little Seecamp .32 REAL bad, but I tore myself away from that, too.

One nice booth was the Sherluk tables, with all that great AR stuff... lots of different variations of uppers and unusual free-float tubes (drilled, slotted), green furniture, SP-1 buttstocks (the shorter ones with the trapdoor). What did I buy? Oh, I got away cheap; I bought a set of M4 handguards for my preban 16" Bushmaster and one of those zero-percent forgings (paperweight!), and a good copy of Modern Airmanship (my old copy is all dishevelled and tattered). Oh, and a few business cards for future reference!

The GOOD gun show here is the Lockport Lyons Club show... didn't get the flyer for that one yet, but it should be coming up soon. See you there!

FITTER out

Link Posted: 2/20/2002 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw some of those camo guys. one was wearing all tiger stripe, head to toe with boonie hat.
I got a flyer for a show in Lockport on the 23rd and 24th at the Eagles club at 6614 Lincoln Ave.
I might go on Sunday, going to be out of town for a wedding on Saturday
There's another one in Cheektowaga on March 16th and 17th

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

HEY! Thanks for reminding me... I forgot that it was this weekend! I think this is only the second year that they had this show, and it seemed to have been a real hit... it was pretty crowded this time. Lots of people walking around wearing various types of camo... one guy was even dressed up as a WW2 German soldier, complete with helmet(!).

I headed out there right after I read your post this morning. You're right: lots of over-priced stuff. There was the obligatory beef-jerky guy ($1.50 per piece...) and the Nazi regalia guy with every inch of his arms covered in colored tattoos. One table was covered with Russian Tokarev rifles (IIRC) for $39.95 or two for $70... no one was touching them.

Freeman's Sport Shop had a nice Armalite AR-10 with the brown furniture and the charging handle inside the carry handle. I saw a nice 6-inch nickel Python... nice, but don't NEED it; I wanted the little Seecamp .32 REAL bad, but I tore myself away from that, too.

One nice booth was the Sherluk tables, with all that great AR stuff... lots of different variations of uppers and unusual free-float tubes (drilled, slotted), green furniture, SP-1 buttstocks (the shorter ones with the trapdoor). What did I buy? Oh, I got away cheap; I bought a set of M4 handguards for my preban 16" Bushmaster and one of those zero-percent forgings (paperweight!), and a good copy of Modern Airmanship (my old copy is all dishevelled and tattered). Oh, and a few business cards for future reference!

The GOOD gun show here is the Lockport Lyons Club show... didn't get the flyer for that one yet, but it should be coming up soon. See you there!

FITTER out

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#13]
[size=3]WHAT IS A[RED]WAFFLE DOG[/RED]?[/size=3]

Someone please explain this food item to me and the others.

Thanks
medcop
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Must be a Cali or northern thing.  I've never heard of them.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#15]
[url]http://www.gmpopcorn.com/catpg_76.htm[/url]
A waffle dog maker!
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#16]
HA! And everyone thought Imbroglio was just trying to stir up the pot![:D]
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh ya, and I finally tried a funnel cake too.

The fun show isn't as fun when you go by yourself though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 1:23:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:20:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.gmpopcorn.com/catpg_76.htm[/url]
A waffle dog maker!
View Quote

Interesting-- I am almost tempted to buy a waffle dog baker just to try it. where is the price in that catalog??? I just ordered a catalog...

"
• Baked Corn Dogs
• Fudge Puppies
• Cheese-On-A-Stick
• Pizza Sticks
• Sausage on a Stick
• Concoct Your Own

Corn Dogs are a tremendously popular item,
but many locations are unable to sell them if
they have to have a vent hood for frying.
Our Waffle Dogger is the answer – it will
bake the Corn Dogs – not fry them! Yes, the
Baked Corn Dog or Waffle Dog is a good
product with much less fat and none of the
problems of frying. The Waffle Dogger is a
roll-over Baker, so you can get even
cooking of both batter and dog. You can
make up to 5 at a time and, if you need more
production, use multiple machines! For
sticks, we prefer the 61/2" (17 cm) Super
Setterstix, although you can use regular
Setterstix, or even Wood Sticks or Flat
Sticks. For mix, use Dipsy Dog, it works
just fine. The Waffle Dogger can also make
our famous Fudge Puppies, Sausage-On-A-
Stick (use Belgian Waffle mix for this). Or
use your imagination – there are many
other items you could make.
"
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:45:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
• Fudge Puppies
View Quote

Hah!! I just dropped off a couple of fudge puppies in the porcelain kennel!

DrMark
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#21]
sweeeet, sweeeet waffle dogs...mmmmmmmmmm

[img]www.gmpopcorn.com/MissingImages/5044.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top