Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 1:34:04 PM EDT
Thanks to the new law that comes into effect on Tuesday...I will not be allowed to shoot in the USA...

Well I could apply but they say that it will take MONTHS to get a permit!!

WTF!!

Ya like I am some sort of terrorist!!

A bunch of my fellow IPSC shooters always go to Tonawanda NY for their shoots.

Now that I moved closer I was going to go a few times this summer....WRONG!!

A couple of guys are going to try and make an attempt next weekend....I will report how they make out.

Hell with this law I am not supposed to even cross intot he states and buy my ammo at gun shows!!!

How they plan on policing that one I do not know!

Damn BATF!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you bring me up to speed on this law you are referring to?

-elliott
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
New U.S. Regulations For Non-Residents Purchasing And Importing
Firearms And Ammunition

[url]http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/owners&users/bordercrossing/US2002.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
New U.S. Regulations For Non-Residents Purchasing And Importing
Firearms And Ammunition

[url]http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/owners&users/bordercrossing/US2002.asp[/url]
View Quote

there goes our weekly trap/skeet/clays shoots with the folks from quebec!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Well

It looks like you could send us all personal invitations at least 3 months in advance!!!!

This shit really Ps Me off!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
You do have 3 months & I'll be so busy you can use plenty of my firearms.

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Drooolllll...........................

Now that may change my plans!!

I have emailed the ATF to get confirmation from them..

So far they have nothing on their site.

I am not surprised that the Canadian Firearms centre has it up on their front page...Hell they emailed me directly to announce it.

Like damned Vultures they circle any negative firearms news.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually it looks like that you could simply find the state that has the cheapest non-resident hunting license and just get that. According to the information at the link you posted that would be enough.

However, when selling a firearm to a non-resident who is taking possession of the firearm and who will personally export it, the FFL must see a valid State-issued hunting licence or permit (unless the non-resident falls into another exception category, such as a diplomat or law enforcement officer.) Other accepted documentation, besides the hunting licence/permit, is an invitation to a competitive target or sport-shooting event, but the non-resident must meet the 90-day residency requirement. Re-enactors and sport shooters (not invited to a competition) will need to acquire a hunting licence. Most States issue hunting licences/permits to non-residents. The hunting licence or permit can be acquired in one U.S. State and the firearm can be purchased from an FFL in a different State.
View Quote

Most states have a mechanism for a non-resident to get a hunting license by mail. You can get a PA non-resident license online from [url]http://www.theoutdoorshop.state.pa.us/fbg/[/url]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Exceptions for purchasing firearms and ammunition include the following:
1. Non-residents who have the firearm directly exported to Canada by a U.S. licensed firearms dealer;

2. Non-residents who have

a) a valid U.S. State-issued hunting licence or permit [b][u]or an invitation to a U.S. competitive sports-shooting event,[/u][/b]

b) proof of residency in the U.S. for at least 90 days, and

c) an alien or admission number issued by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS); and

3. Law enforcement officers in the U.S. on official business.

New Regulations for Temporarily Importing Firearms and Ammunition into the U.S.
1. The non-resident must provide U.S. Customs with a pre-approved U.S. import permit and evidence that they fall into an exemption category (by providing a valid State hunting licence/permit or [b]an invitation to compete in a target shooting event[/b] or to display firearms or ammunition at a sports or hunting trade show sponsored by a national, State or local firearms trade organization devoted to the competitive use or other sporting use of firearms) before they will be allowed to import firearms or ammunition.

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Come down whenever you want....you can shoot my stuff......not too far from buffalo.....we can go out to the range n/c......[:)]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
And you wonder why I love this place!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top