Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 12:45:14 PM EDT
Why Rosie Hasn't Said She's Gay--Yet

By Cathryn Conroy, CompuServe News Editor

There are basically two reasons talk show host and comedian Rosie O'Donnell hasn't publicly announced that she is a lesbian and neither one of them has anything to do with concerns over the public's reaction. One: She doesn't have to announce this well-known "secret" since everyone else is doing it for her. First, it was revealed that she will out herself in her memoirs, "Find Me," which is due to hit bookstores in April. And then Barbara Walters and the ladies on "The View" outed her--apparently with Rosie's blessing--on their Thursday show. Walters opened the discussion by saying what a "special" and "wonderful, wonderful woman" Rosie is. She then told the world about Rosie's sexual orientation.

Two: Rosie O'Donnell has loftier reasons for keeping publicly mum on the topic, according to the discussion on "The View." She has adopted three children and wants to adopt a fourth--a foster child who now lives with her. But Florida, a state in which Rosie owns a home, prohibits gays from adopting kids. "What concerns Rosie," Walters said on "The View" on Thursday, "is...that she has three adopted children and a foster child herself and because she is gay, would not be allowed to adopt this child [in Florida]."

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
She's to fat to get out of the closet.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, she's gay.  Big surprise.  One thing that strikes me as funny was how she made a big deal about her crush on Tom Cruise.  I guess that was a ploy to make her appear straight.  Just kind of funny, because Cruise gets married to make it look like he's not gay either.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Man! How you be gay with Nichole Kidman in the sack.

OOps.  She almost as pretty as you honey.

[BD]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Man! How you be gay with Nichole Kidman in the sack.

OOps.  She almost as pretty as you honey.

[BD]
View Quote

Who knows, maybe Nicole's got a big ole ding dong.  Crazy HollyWOOD!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
She's to fat to get out of the closet.
View Quote

LMAO [:D]

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She has adopted three children and wants to adopt a fourth--a foster child who now lives with her.
View Quote

Oh great!  Four more brainwashed future gay-activists in the  making.

Gays should NOT be allowed to adopt OR be artificially inseminated.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
That explains why she is behind Janet Reno, now that's a picture I didn't need in my head...[puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top