BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2002 8:44:25 PM EDT
Look at this crap
[url]http://www.roanoke.com/roatimes/news/story125903.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
What a crock of shit.  

Once again, another wounded f**khead blames a stupid lump of metal when he really nees to be blaming the shitbag that was holding it and had no regard for the sanctity of human life.

When will shitheads like this EVER figure out that it's CRIMINALS that need to be dealt with, rather than the VERY large population of safe, responsible citizens that happen to own guns?

CJ

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Too bad this guy lost his son, but it is typical for parents to be unable to blame evil actions for the death of their son or daughter.  This lets blame the gun attitude makes me sick an unfortuantly not even care about his grief, but only sad for his son.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm getting......... [puke]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
i hope he's also doing the following:

lobbying car manufacturers for technology that prevents alcholics and drunk drivers from purchasing their vehicles

advocating the sports industry to pay for the hundreds of thousands of injuries a year (far more than gun deaths and injuries combined) that send people to the emergency rooms

fighting for stricter control in people's backyard pools to prevent the drownings every year that outnumber deaths caused by stupid people and guns

becoming super sensitive to the growing domestic abuse problem in america

what an utter moron!
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
In California we have meet all every thing he asked for and MORE.  There is no more need to lobby for change.  It’s unfortunate for him to be so narrow minded, rather than address the problem he addresses the tool used.  The guy could have had a screwdriver and could have done the same damage.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I knew a guy who was murdered with a gun. I do not blame the gun. I blame the shooter. The gun doesn't even enter into my mind. I only think about the POS who pulled the trigger.

I hear about car accidents and have seen a few fatal ones. I never even thought to blame the car. I blamed the drunk who caused the accident.

Similarly, there was an incident a few years ago in Miami that lead to a suburb banning cell phone use while driving. I saw the spot where the accident happened shortly after it happened. A teenage girl high on drugs and drunk to boot reached for her cell phone and ran off the road killing another girl. She ran very far off the road. Instead of blaming her for drinking and driving or driving stoned, they blamed the phone. HELLO...She was stoned out of her mind. She didn't belong on the road in the first place. Maybe they should have addressed DUI and Driving Stoned instead of rushing to ban Cell Phone use in cars. So, what would have happened is that most likely she would have eventually killed somebody else even w/o the cell phone.

thousands were killed in the WTC and Pentagon by planes. So, where are the calls to ban planes ?

I like the response I got a while back when I mentioned to an Anti-Gun Liberal that second-hand smoke kills 2,000 more people every year than all gun deaths combined. They got that look like "I gotta come up with something here" and spurted out ome crap about smoking being their right and if we don't like it we should leave. I then said well owning guns is a right and that if they don't like it leave. They are like but your right kills innocent people. What about those who die from second-hand smoke ? Do they not count ? I just love seeing a liberal try to come up with a reason to ban guns when faced with the facts. They end up talking out of both sides of their mouth and eventually they go "Just foregt it, you don't get it."
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The author of this editorial is a professor at Virginia Union University.  Here is his email address.  BE CIVIL.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah and they killed three of my friends too, but they also saved my life on atleast 4 different occassions. the true secret is it's not the guns its the morons behind them.
when will these liberal idiots learn.

it's not that guns are bad it's that people need to take a lesson in morals these days.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#9]
"Today, guns may be privately transferred with impunity. This is known as the "gun show loophole." No background check, no liability, no fear of prosecution, because there are no teeth in the laws and no paper trail to reliably follow. At gun shows, contrary to common sense, unlicensed dealers can sell guns to anyone - even criminals - with no questions asked."
View Quote

Where are these gunshows at?!?
I would love to go to one of these. I'll pick up a few RPG's, an M60, maybe a few patriot missles, and a tactical nuke or 2. [rolleyes]

Last year, I was sitting behind a group of middle school children who were being recognized for their artistic merit. The two girls in front of me were passing the time by quietly playing a game of rock, paper, scissors. When I looked closer, I saw that they were not playing the game I knew. Their game went like this: "rock, paper ... gun."
View Quote

Oh, the horror. The children were playing a game?!?
How could they do that?
America has lost it's sensibilites.
What a d!ckhead!
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#10]
How about blaming the deranged bastard for killing the son, rather than blaming the implement of execution?  This one glows as a left wing write-up, which sickeningly enough seems to be exploiting this situation.  Is this father that delusional and sick?  Apparently so.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]
"rock, paper ... gun."

Wow, what sick bastards my father and his friends were when they played cowboys and indians as kids!  

Not to mention, I think that his anecdotes are unadulterated pieces of shit.  Even IF true, what is disturbing about kids liking guns?  Don't police officers and the military have guns?  Aren't heros allowed to carry these days or is it un-PC?

This shit burns me up folks, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#12]
This guy is a piece of work.  Not only did he bleat about his son being killed, by a gun but he is SELLING a BOOK to capitolize on his misfortune and they ran it on the editorial page.  This is AN ADVERTISEMENT, not an editorial.  ONLY $9.98 plus shipping at amazon.com.

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if the Democrat checked to see how many times his sons murderer was in and out of prison because of some liberal judge he and his wife voted for.  *Ask and ye shall receive*

My friend just lost his 20 year old son on a motorcycle, I didn't hear him or see him running around blaming motorcycles for his horrible loss or working to ban motorcycles like this 15 minutes of fame opportunist.  

A gun didn't kill his son, liberals did.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#14]
i don't agree with this mans views at all as i own many guns all but one regesterd legaly. at a okc gun show i saw a 45 acp pistol i just had to have!  i brought a s&w 22 pistol i wasn't to happy with and traded it plus cash for this gun.         my gun was regersted to me ,  since this was a private sale i don't know if his even was  !        i told him i had all the cash but lacked 10.00 wrote him a check for that ammount.   hopeing that when he cashed the check i will have some kind of record of whom i have bought this gun from!           when you buy from a pawn shop or gun dealer or ffl you are sure you have a clean gun........       the private sales  loop-hole is just that!  i could have been son-of-sam or any-body......now i feel bad as instead of trying to get more laws ect...i should have personaly made that dude do a lot more paper work! if i sell a gun to a personal friend i make him fill out paper!    when tshtf  its all about the paper trial or trail and where it ends ...   and when the trail ends with you you're busted.......
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:19:44 AM EDT
[#15]
When will these anti-gun band wagon rider learn,  education is the key not panic and irrational actions. Besides, as I have said all along, if you take away guns, then all the lunatics will just use something else to kill you, then there will be a ban on ball bats, and a licence requirment for hammers

[:)>]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:33:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I sent the father a link to this page, let's see if he shows up......
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the email address, lets see if he shows and has something credible and intelligent to say.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#18]
This guy is amazing.  On the one hand he wants to hold the industry responsible, then he wants to hold individuals responsible.  It sounds like he wants to prosecute and hold responsible those who have their guns STOLEN!  WTF is wrong with this idiot????  

People like him always scream about what is wrong, but never have an answer, especially when the only real answer is swift and hard VENGEANCE against those that commit violent crime.  I mean vengeance, not punishment.  Execute the bastards.  That will at least make sure that the particular asshole won't be a repeat offender.

He implies that most dealers, both licensed and unlicensed make a lot of money from selling to criminals.  What bullshit!!!

I would like to ask this fool to his face just exactly what the gun industry could do to govern the sale of guns after the initial sale to a distributor or dealer other than trying to ensure that they only sell to those dealers and distributors who are above board.  He, of course, used the word "sensible" in his tirade.  That is the catch word for all these morons.

God, people like this make my blood boil.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I couldn't stand it, so I emailed this the editors who printed this POS sob story:

"I sure would like the opportunity to respond to this B.S. editorial...

I can sympathize with anyone who has lost a loved one, be it to violence, disease, or a random act of God.  It is indeed a tragedy that Bill Jenkins lost his son.  But to blame firearms manufacturers for the acts of one demented felon is just plain stupid.  Firearms manufacturers do not, and never have, catered to any illegal markets or use of their products.  Mr. Jenkins notes:

"Though they could easily dry up the illicit markets in the weapons they produce from the front end, they refuse, and for only one reason: Illegal gun sales, just like legal gun sales, make money."

Based on this logic, we should hold the automotive industry accountable for bank robbers that use cars to escape; the alcohol industry is definitely guilty of promoting the use of its product and the subsequent deaths caused by drunk drivers.  I'm sure the Oklahoma City bombing would never occurred had it not been for the greed of fertilizer manufacturers, oil companies, and rental truck companies.  And of course, if the greedy airplane manufacturers had stricter controls on who bought their wares, September 11th may never have happened.

Mr. Jenkins, I feel your pain.  And I understand your anger.  Why don't you direct it where it is deserved: toward the scumbag that killed your son.  Now imagine that EVERYONE in that restaurant was carrying a handgun, employees and patrons alike.  Do you think anyone would have attempted an armed robbery in such an establishment.  It would have been certain suicide for the robber.  He would never have entered the premises and your son would still be alive.  Why don't you make your son's tragic death count for something, and work to have every citizen in America armed.  It would be a much safer and more polite place if it were.  Believe it or not, unbiased statistics show this to be true."

It wouldn't hurt to let these bleeding heart editors hear from a few more of us.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#20]
[email protected]

That is the Editorial Page Editor- tell him SHAME for publishing that hogwash.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#21]
More sanctimonious, narcissitic moanings coming from somebody who doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Roanoke is a college town, doesn't surprise me that it has a few commie dipshits like him.

If he were my prof, I'd make it my mission in his class to make him look like a total jackass every single day.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow, that story was soo convincing and touching that I have decided to renounce guns, demill my collection and imeadietly join the brady campaign. I beter take cover now there are so many winged pigs flying around my house. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top