User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/15/2002 8:36:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep us informed about costs & possibilties for ads.

I can't imagine this is inexpensive!

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
but does it [i]have[/i] to be a beemer????

can't it be something American??????
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmm - Will that be running Sunday in Daytona?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
This is an AWSOME idea!  One news story or cover photo of this car would take your money a long way.  And you know those overly zealous anti-gunner media members will be all over this.  They'd run some negative story but your car would be in the media generating interest regardless.  Please make sure the AR has a bayo lug on it.  This is you 10 minutes of fame.  Make it count!  Please keep us informed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]
One issue that might come up is sponsor compatibility. Levi's would probably pull their sponsorship after they see that ak16 assaultthingamajigger next to their logo. But it's a great idea. I'd like to see it go.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]
All of this stuff is making me ascared!
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Woohoo!!  Warsteiner! [Bounce]

Oh... different sponsors. [:I]

Seriously, though, it sounds like a great possibility for some visibility.  It'd be nice if some firearms companies would get on board... it'd be interesting to see which companies would be compatible.  For example... would Bushmaster or DPMS want exclusive "AR15ness", or would Bushy, DPMS, Armalite, Rock River, etc. be willing to share?

Perhaps some Photoshopping of the car is in order... for prototyping purposes.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 12:14:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Perhaps is this happens, some of the good ol' Nascar guys will take a hint and get firearm related sponsorship.  Sounds like a great idea to me!  Let us know what is needed from the smallest logo to the whole car.  I love it!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:39:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I will kick in $50.00 to a $100.00 bucks if we can get the ball rolling, have you contacted Glock et al about this?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:54:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd be willing to kick in some cash for this venture. I would also be willing to use some of my racing connections to get other sponsors too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:29:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Perhaps is this happens, some of the good ol' Nascar guys will take a hint and get firearm related sponsorship.  Sounds like a great idea to me!  Let us know what is needed from the smallest logo to the whole car.  I love it!!
View Quote

So what happened to the Remington sponsored Winston Cup car?  The Remington guys used to have demo shoots at a friend's shooting range close to the DFW track during events.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:38:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
but does it [i]have[/i] to be a beemer????

can't it be something American??????
View Quote
Why????????????
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One issue that might come up is sponsor compatibility. Levi's would probably pull their sponsorship after they see that ak16 assaultthingamajigger next to their logo. But it's a great idea. I'd like to see it go.
View Quote
I don't see Levi on that car.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:42:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is a beemer, but built in the USA. :)

As for the races, they include:
March13-15 Sebring (50th Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring)
Oct 10-12 Le Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta)
View Quote
I'll be at those two races working corners as a course marshal.  I will be sure to check out the car in the paddock.

Let us know how much on an individual level would be necessary to get the ball rolling.  I am interested.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#18]
[i]Race fans, hot rodders, world of … AR15![/i]

Has a nice ring to it, count me in for $50 to have my name listed someplace as a personal contributor [:)]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Ed, is that GT or Touring?  It looks like GT, but the are Beemers in both groups, although I don't believe the Touring cars get to flare the fender wells that much.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#20]
An AR15.com touring car???

sweet!!!!!

Steelviper: first, let's start with a car that looks closer to the Speedvision World Challenge car. considering EdwardAvila's picture (which is Johnny Cecotta's 320i Super Touring car), it should be something like below

[img]http://www.speedvisionwc.com/2001/tms/01-tms-tcr-94-side.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll kick in some OT $ if you get it going.

Think of how much fun it would be to have the gun mfg. put their names on as well.

Let's do it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh, Ed, let's not forget about ar15.com racing patches and/or shirts, although I would rather have the patches to put on my course marshal uniform.  I know this sounds snobby, but make the patch/shirt available only to those who kick in on the sponsorship money so that if you walk into their paddock or garage they will know that you are in it with them.  Course marshals already have a good relationship with most road racing teams at all levels because they know that we could wind up saving their driver's butts, but the patch would make the relationship with this team even nicer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I-------LOVE-----THIS---------IDEA....

why the he!! didn't someone come up with this before?????

count me in.........  whares ammoman, this could be great business for him.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So what happened to the Remington sponsored Winston Cup car?  The Remington guys used to have demo shoots at a friend's shooting range close to the DFW track during events.
View Quote

While none of the Firearms Manufacturers sponsor entire cars the Sporting Industry does sponsor:

Remington - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Nikon - Rusty Wallace
Bushnell - Dale Jarrett

and others.  Anything with a AR15.com sponsorship would be cool.  For around $8 million you could get a Winston Cup Car.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#28]
This kicks ass!  Maybe contact a gun company...maybe Cav Arms...for a percentage of the sponsorship?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It is a beemer, but built in the USA. :)

As for the races, they include:
March13-15 Sebring (50th Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring)
May 17-19 Mosport (Ontario Canada)
May 24-27 Lime Rock (Conn)
June 28-30 Mid-Ohio
July 5-7 Road America 500 (Wisconsin)
July 19-21 National Grand Prix (Wash DC)
August 16-18 Mosport
Sept 13-15 TBA
Sept 20-22 Monterey Sports Car Championships (Monterey, CA)
Oct 10-12 Le Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta)
Oct 25-27 Virginia Int. Raceway

All are broadcast on Speedchannel as well as a number of Fox Sports Stations nationwide, covered in motorsports magazines, and a number of SCCA web sites.
View Quote

I get to see it live and in person at Lime Rock... way cool!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Cool idea....paintjob reminicent of the corvette on "Austin Powers : The Spy Who Shagged Me".  Too cool.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Great Idea but thats alot of $$$ but Id like to see it happen how bout tacking this one to the top Mods?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't see Levi on that car.
View Quote

It's not. The point is you could expect many companies to avoid a sponsorship just because they're anti or chicken.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like a great idea, and not to far out of reach if we all chipped in. Even if a little.

I for one would be game. Count me in for fifty. Just let me know where to send the cash.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#34]
This is a fantastic idea!!!! Count me for $50 also. Most likely won't get to see any races, but still worth it to me.........
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:23:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Awsome, Mid Ohio is just up the road, I'll check the piggy bank to see what I can scrape up for when the details get set.

[:)>]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Hell yeah!! [:D]
Though it would be nice if we sponsored an American car, I have nothing against seeing  AR15.com across a BMW or any other foreign car. Just as long as the AR15.com logo is big enough for the viewing audience to see.

Count me in and keep us all updated on this.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#37]
The idea sounds interesting -- has an instinctive appeal to it.

But I would not count on any long-term benefits.

There were a couple of other threads talking about Speedvision/Speedchannel being captured by NASCAR.

Some of the same guys holding that opinion think this sponsorship is a great idea and say they would kick in $50.

Some of them say they would contribute, even though they (like me [:I]) haven't ponied up for a Team AR15.com membership.

So I am somewhat skeptical how much you can raise in individual contributions.  I think a mixture of company and individual sponsors would be the way to go.

The idea of putting individual names on the car
(even in small print) has sentimental appeal, but $10,000 at $50 a whack means 200 names, or 1,000 names for $50K.  

This is both cool and problematic.  While no one would expect to be able to point to the tube and find their name, I think the reaction of some viewers would be, "Why do they never wash that one panel?"  There would have to be a heading, in big letters, "Over 398 rifle-owning individual sponsors" or whatever.

You may want to use screen names (or contributor's choice) that meet standards of taste and FCC rules (in case some ax-grinding camera-man gets up close in the pits)

Or maybe a different way of recognizing the individual contibutors --  Posting them on a team web site or whatever.   Any momentos or personalization would seem to make sense only if you're already going to merchandise stuff anyway.

For those with varying levels of bucks, having different contribution levels might be nice:

$50  = Musketeer
$100 = Marksman
$250 = Sharpshooter
$500 = (help me, here)

I am no racing expert, but will $50K really last the season? Seems everytime I see an article where racing expenses are mentioned, I go away thankful I don't have to fund it all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#38]
What about printing 8x10 mini posters in color to give out to gun stores, ranges, firearms manufacturers/distributers, gunshow, etc.  Even just having such posters to advertise the site would help.  Cash is a little tight right now (closing on a house next week), but I would kick in some cash to cover the printing cost so as not to take funds away from the car project.  Just an idea...
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There were a couple of other threads talking about Speedvision/Speedchannel being captured by NASCAR.

Some of the same guys holding that opinion think this sponsorship is a great idea and say they would kick in $50.
View Quote
We are talking about sponsoring the car, not the channel.  As long as it lasts, we would like to get it on it before it all goes to crap and Speed Channel become completely NECKCAR.  The series has a few years left on the contract which must be honored.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
We are talking about sponsoring the car, not the channel.  As long as it lasts, we would like to get it on it before it all goes to crap and Speed Channel become completely NECKCAR.  The series has a few years left on the contract which must be honored.
View Quote

I realize that this sponsorship would only be for this one season, anyway.  I think I referred to [b]long term[/b] benefits.

So, Larry, lets make a deal.  Mostly we agree.  Sometime we disagree.  But we've both been riding GB's infrastructure for free for a looong time.  Let's both kick in $60 and stop being cheap. That's less than you spend for meals in a couple of your travel days, and less than I spend on gas in a month.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#42]
I would kick in some $$ for this project.  This sounds pretty cool!

medcop
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote

I realize that this sponsorship would only be for this one season, anyway.  I think I referred to [b]long term[/b] benefits.

So, Larry, lets make a deal.  Mostly we agree.  Sometime we disagree.  But we've both been riding GB's infrastructure for free for a looong time.  Let's both kick in $60 and stop being cheap. That's less than you spend for meals in a couple of your travel days, and less than I spend on gas in a month.
View Quote
Okay, but I don't even know how to to the deal.  At one time, GB and I were discussing some other dontations I had made as counting towards that, but he had no records and I couldn't find it, actually didn't have time to look, never being home.  How does one join?

Besides, to be honest, everytime I think about joining, someone goes on a hate filled tirade about certain countries and people, including our own, and I have second thoughts.
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I like the idea!
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Here is some wishful thinking.

I can see it now.......AR-15 car wins some races....generates positive interest in AR's.....assualt weapons ban repealed!!!!!

(p.s. or at least allowed to sunset!!)
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Ed, this is definitely a great idea.  If I could get a few sales, I would have my company kick in towards the sponsorship.

Does anybody need manufacturing, distribution, & accounting software?
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#48]
count my $50 in.
e-mail me as to where to send it
[email protected]

I don't really like racing but I would support the CAUSE

As for the LEVI not sponsoring thing... luck fevi
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't forget to leave room for

"[I]...shall not be infringed...[/I]"
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:48:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Keep talkin.  This is gettin' somewhere.  My checkbook is in my hand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top