Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2002 9:19:14 AM EDT
Speaking to university students in Minnesota Monday, Miss Reno suggested that Mr. Ashcroft had questioned the patriotism of           critics of the Bush administration's conduct of the war on terror.[b] "It is important that we bring people to justice according to the principles of our Constitution," Miss Reno        declared. "The day we start giving up our freedoms, the bad guys have won."[/b]

WHAT? Janet Reno actually referring to the Unites States Constitution? Pardon me while I go have a friggin heart attack.[whacko]

Here's the funniest part of the article.

"That paragon of rectitude and competence, former Attorney General Janet Reno, disapproves of the way her successor, John Ashcroft, is doing his job."

[url]http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20020215-146055.htm[/url]  
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
..."Miss Reno declared. "The day we start giving up our freedoms, the bad guys have won."[/b]

WHAT? Janet Reno actually referring to the Unites States Constitution? Pardon me while I go have a friggin heart attack.[whacko]...
View Quote

The U.S. Constitution as [b]she interprets it[/b]. Everyone has their own interpretation, but the law is ultimately subject to S.C. scrutiny. Her [i]opinions[/i] are nothing more than that.

..."The paragon of [rectumitude] and [incompetence], former Attorney General Janet Reno..."
View Quote

Finally, a news "quote" I can support! [;D]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That was here on Campus, Was scheduled for last fall, but was cancelled due to strikes. I was going to go and protest her speaking, but here that will get you kicked out, and it's pointless because everyone thinks she's the greatest because she was the first "female" Atty. General of the U.S. Makes me want to Puke, I need to get outta here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Miss Reno is absolutely correct. We must bring criminals to justice... as long as they are not friends of Bill Clinton's or more threatening than 5 year old cuban refugees.
what a freakin joke.
I will volunteer to support Ms Reno though...
As a pall bearer!

[rail]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Janet Reno Speaks!
somebody grab the air freshener, Light a match, do something.
Has she finaly succumbed to the facts, or was one of the groups paying her $100,000 a speach fee pro-gun. maybe she just plain realized the CNN is not the maker of policy and public opinion.
she did an OK job at Waco though.

[:)>]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

she did an OK job at Waco though.

[:)>]
View Quote

[?]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Janet Reno has as much credibility as THE GREAT STAIN MAKER!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top