Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2001 7:14:09 PM EDT
Thinking of a new Glock 19, who has tried the Compensated model side by side with the standard? I know its just a 9mm but i'm thinking it may help with quick double taps.
What about reliability issues with the powder up in the slide?
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know what your intended purpose is, but remember that generally, compensated pistols are for range/competition/hunting use.  Fire a compensated pistol from a retention position (tucked into side or chest) and you get a face full of hot gas and fouling - and your ears are not happy either.

Tate

can't go wrong with a Glock!
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like Glocks, but I don't care for a compensated carry gun. You may wish to shoot one in low light conditions, I had a tough time finding the sights after a shot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
First a disclaimer:  I hate Glocks!

Now that that's out of the way, not a 9mm, but I borrowed a G22C and fired it next to my G22 without a comp. and did not observe a noticeable difference.

Wilson has a great point, I never shot a compensated gun in low-light situations, but I'd assume it would be horrible on you night vision (human night vision, not the electronic kind).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top