Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2002 3:50:51 PM EDT
For all you Miami area members, there will be a segment of the newscast at 2300 dedicated to carry licenses in South Florida.  From their teasers, it sounds very anti:

"How many people are packing heat in South Florida?  More than you think!"

and

"Concealed weapons permits are way up in South Florida since 9/11.  WHY NOW????  Are people feeling more insecure, or is it another reason?", implying something sinister.  And "why now?" has to be the stupidest question I have ever heard.  Their entire tone seems to imply that those with carry licenses are criminals, while being typically liberal and overlooking the fact that bad guys don't bother to get carry licenses.

I am in Barbados and Ch 10 in Miami is the only US station we get in the hotel.  I have been watching them for months due to the aforementioned reason.  They seem to be very left leaning.  They keep harping on the guy that was killed by a cop as he tried to run down said cop and hit him with the stolen car.  The Liberty city neighborhood is all in an uproar with people who weren't there saying they know it could not have happened that way and Channel 10 is eating it up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll have to record that.

They wouldn't like it if they knew I was one of those people who carries a gun in South Florida. Unfortunately, because I am 20 I cannot get a CCW so it has to stay in my car when I leave my vehicle. But, it did save my ass once when I was at my vehicle.

Channel 10 is Miami's ABC. Channel 7 and 29 are FOX, but 7 almost never gets their facts straight. Channels 4 and 12 is CBS and they are some of the worst. Channels 5 and 6 are NBC.

BTW, I know where Barbados is. I have toruble getting a signal north of Palm Beach and you are getting one ? Or is it on Sattelite. I know Channel 7 is carried on C-Band Sattelite. So is Channel 23 (UNIVISION) and 5X (TELEMUNDO) which are the Spanish Channels.

Miami is the most anti-gun city/county in the state. They have passed quite a few laws in direct violation of Florida's Pre-emption Law and Florida's Constitution.

The Cubans are a double-edged sword. Most of them vote Republican because the Democrats screwed them. But, at the same time they are hardly pro-gun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'll have to record that.

They wouldn't like it if they knew I was one of those people who carries a gun in South Florida. Unfortunately, because I am 20 I cannot get a CCW so it has to stay in my car when I leave my vehicle. But, it did save my ass once when I was at my vehicle.

Channel 10 is Miami's ABC. Channel 7 and 29 are FOX, but 7 almost never gets their facts straight. Channels 4 and 12 is CBS and they are some of the worst. Channels 5 and 6 are NBC.

BTW, I know where Barbados is. I have toruble getting a signal north of Palm Beach and you are getting one ? Or is it on Sattelite. I know Channel 7 is carried on C-Band Sattelite. So is Channel 23 (UNIVISION) and 5X (TELEMUNDO) which are the Spanish Channels.

Miami is the most anti-gun city/county in the state. They have passed quite a few laws in direct violation of Florida's Pre-emption Law and Florida's Constitution.

The Cubans are a double-edged sword. Most of them vote Republican because the Democrats screwed them. But, at the same time they are hardly pro-gun.
View Quote
It's on satellite down here.  You are not who they are concerned about from the tone of the teasers.  Apparently, they are all upset about those who go through the trouble of getting a license so they can carry LEGALLY.  They don't seem to be concerned about those who illegally carry, again the typcial liberal attitude.  The liberal thinking seems to be that it is okay for criminals to carry, just don't let the average citizen be in a position to ruin the day of one of their beloved bad guys.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Larry, to clarify...I should have mentioned that I only carried for a few months after I was almost robbed a year ago.

I think the 21 rule is a violation of the state constitution which says they may regulate the way a gun is carried. But, there is no mention of who may carry. I construe the state constitution to mean that they can say I cannot carry concealed w/o a lisence if the state so chooses. But, I see nowhere in there that could mean that they can forbid a legal adult (Over 18) to carry altogether. Perhaps it is time to write my legislators ? the governor ? Prior to 1998, it wouldn't have made a difference as we had Lawton "I am a God" Chiles who was a POS Liberal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top