Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2002 11:25:20 PM EDT
Which of your firearms do you go for when you hear something at night and go to investigate?

I have a pre-ban AR, Glock 19, Taurus model 85 38., and a Mossberg 12 Gauge pump.

I inevitably go for my Glock 19, 15 rd mag loaded with gold dot ammo when I hear something.

The AR is loaded with 30 rd. of Hornady TAP ammo.
The 12 Gauge has 00 buck, brenneke slug, 00 buck etc.
The .38 is loaded with .38 +P Federal Hydra-shok.

Out of these, for some reason I always grab the Glock.
I guess I grab it because it is easy to move around with and has a high ammo capacity.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig P220 with 230gr Speer Golddot GDHP.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
schv - I am definately seeing a pattern here, Is her ex-oleman at the door?
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
For the last 10-11 years: Sig 220/230gr. Black Talons(original black box...still got 30 boxes from way back when. How much are they worth now?)
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I grab whatever's handy.  I made the mistake of keeping my Beretta Tomcat (.32ACP) carry pistol as my bedside pistol, one fine night when someone tried to kick in one of my doors;  since then, I picked up a G26, which is what I keep handy nearly 24x7.

Some nights, I take my 12ga out as well.  If there is anything obvious going on in my area, I get it.  (For example, one night, the county's police helicopter was buzzing around for a good half hour.  I don't know if they found whoever they were looking for or not.)  However, I have never had anything happen while it was out.

BTW, the "hear something at night" is not a regular occurrence for me.  Twice in 4.5 years, and nobody actually made it in either time.  (The door-kicker didn't have any effect, and the other one just wiggled the doorknob hoping it was unlocked.)  However, some asshole did steal some gardening stuff out of my backyard shed one day.

Quoted:
Black Talons(original black box...still got 30 boxes from way back when. How much are they worth now?)
View Quote

Nice to see you back, Buddha.

I've seen them going for as much as $30/box.  I should probably sell mine off.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
schv - I am definately seeing a pattern here, Is her ex-oleman at the door?
View Quote

Ok...you got me. He is a 350 lb. ex-Seal, ex-Delta, ex-Ranger, ex-cia/fbi/atf/dea/nsa/secret service, ex-british sas, who killed her last boyfriend and spent 10 years in San Quentin. I am going to marry her and hide in Sweden for the rest of our lives......I feel better now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]
My Smith&Walther 99/40, With PT green front, orange rear nitesites. Loaded with 155 GR Silvertip HP, Is my bedside gun.

I live in a nice part of town, But a while back some drunk pounded on my door at 04:00. He claimed that his car had broken down and was trying to panhandle money (To Buy Crack), He had already pounded on the doors of the two little old ladies that live in the apts next to me. I told him this was a private apt complex and that he needed to leave without waking anyone else up or I would call the police.

This enraged him in his drunken state, and he got real verbaly and racialy abusive. At times like this having the Smith&Walther in your right hand concealed by the doorway and and your hip. Is about the best life insurance policy you will have ever invested in.

With every curse and reference to my race, I wondered if he had any idea how close he was coming to that big crack house in the sky.

After he saw that I was not intimadated by his B.S., He finaly would down his tirade and left the complex.

I called the police and they picked him up about three blocks away and busted him for drug possesion.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Remington 870 with 000 buck!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 2:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Springfield 1911, shes in my nitestand (properly secured from the children) I figure she will keep me going till I get to the safe to break out the heavy artilery,(should the need arise) then we will start with the 870 (00 buck)for the closer stuff or the AR to knock em down as they flee in terror,

[:)>]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Benelli M1 Super 90 with Surefire front end and 8 rounds of 00 buck, 5 more rounds in the buttcuff.

I said "buttcuff."
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:53:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Kimber Ultra CDP laoded with Federal Personal Defense Hydra Shoks. I wanna get it over quick so I can go back to bed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Benelli M1 Super 90 with Surefire front end and 8 rounds of 00 buck, 5 more rounds in the buttcuff.

I said "buttcuff."
View Quote

Ditto, except sidesaddle.....
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:59:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I grab my old beater 1911A1.[pistol]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I just tell my dog to go check it out, and I go back to sleep.
[img]http://www.sporting-dog.com/photos/Neillson.jpg[/img]
(not mine, but similar head)
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Glock 35 with +4 mags and 20 rds of corbon 135 with IT M3 light attached.  I got 3 small children to round up and get to our room if necessary and a long arm won't cut it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Glock 22 with M3 tactical light.  165gr Golden Sabre's.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Firearms?

Well as a law abiding Canadian I grab the phone....dial 911 then sit and wait till the police come to save my ass..

Honest!

Really!!

Would I lie to you???

Afterall my guns are all locked up in my vault separate from the ammunition just like the law says!

If I were to shoot someone I would be arrested for unsafe use and storage of a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:18:54 AM EDT
[#17]
A baseball bat....and whatever Storm said.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:26:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Smith & Wesson Model 29 with Cor-Bon 165 grain JHP in the night stand is the immediate response. If I have time, and feel the need, I walk to the closet for the AR 15.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I hope you take your judgement with you!  

Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#20]
A bokken and an old billy-club.  Only guns I own are an SKS (too much penetration) and a Crosman 760 Pumpmaster (not nearly enough penetration).  
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I said "buttcuff."
View Quote

Heh..heh..heh.

That's the same rig I have...only with tritium ghostrings, and I added a strip of skateboard tape to the bottom of the surefire forend..it's a little slick for my taste.  Anyone show you how to get 7 shells in a 5 shot gun?  I don't miss the extended mag so much now.

QS
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#22]
M4 with a 20 rd loaded with Lake city xm193, and Aimpoint. God help the bastages that enter here illegally.

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Colt Officers ACP LWT enhanced with 230gr Hydra-Shok.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Fire extinguisher in my hands, and My Ithaca DSPS slung at the ready
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#25]
ar-15 13 shorty with a tac light and a comp m. I regularly rotated loaded mags so as to leave one constantly loaded but not the same one. loaded with a tap rounds. way I figure, the tac light will help me id whoever it is, and if they're suppose to be here or not. I live with my parents and family pretty much secluded away from everybody else on about 10 acres of land so it is real easy to tell if there suppose to be there or not. if there not suppose to be there it can almost be assumed that they are there for no good, or broken down or drunk or both. my ar is the first line of defense and the k-bar is the last.

like I said earlier, no security system is perfect and it is not all that hard to break into my home, but I will be damned if you make it back out. [uzi][:D]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#26]
[img]http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/7/73/95/23577395XUiYOywqay_ph.jpg[/img]

Stoked with the best that

Sorry The link to pic works.... sometimes.

Mossberg 500 with surefire, OKO sight on a target that is shot well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Start with the Daisy CO2 15 shot semi auto, and move up as the threat escalates!!!!!!!

The Kimber with tritium NS, or the Beretta with NS, depending on  my mood.  Quality or quantity?
the eternal question.

Never had the need for the AR, but it's nice to know it's there, in case of riots or something
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#28]
HK USP .45 with Speer GDHP.  If that doesn't do the job I figure I'm toast anyway.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:26:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Harsh language.

Backed up by a Beretta 92FS loaded with Federal Hydra-Shock.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Either the Mossberg M590A with ghost ring sights and alternating #4s and 00 buckshot...or a Walther P-99 with Meprolite tritium sights, and Corbons.  Since the grandkids moved back in...it's the pistol.  They can't reach it and its very near me.

And yes...one night the wife did draw down on an intruder.  About 25 years ago, I was on my way home from school about 2230 and this dude tried to break in the sliding glass door at the back of our old place in California.  My missus was on the phone to the coppers, with Old Slabsides in her hands, cocked and locked.  Just then, I drove up a few seconds ahead of the law and the burglar fled over the back fence.  She would have dusted him...since she was protecting her two cubs...our two year old and six month old.  What a mess that would have been...several .45ACPs through center mass (She is a good shot & I trained her to empty the weapon.)
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:42:32 AM EDT
[#31]
It depends on where I am when I hear the noise.

The list may include, but is not limited to, the following:

Glock 22 with M3 light loaded with 165 gr. Speer Gold Dot.

HK USP45F loaded with 185 gr. Golden Saber (+P).

S&W 4006 loaded with 180 gr. Winchester Supreme SXTs.

In any case, the handgun is the first thing I grab. That's just to hold me over while the wife gets the AR15 or Mossberg 590A1 ready.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Depends upon the threat.  Most often the interloper is a fat coon going after the garbage at 3 am.  In this case I keep a charged full-auto Airsoft Steyr AUG-SRT with a hicap mag full of biodegradable pellets and Tasco ProPoint-1 red dot on hand to put some hurtin' on the varmint!

For unwelcome two legged creatures my bedside safe contains a S&W 686+ 6" .357 with a Surefire 6 next to it and a few speed loaders.  I used to keep one of my autos, a Glock 21 or USP 45F, for this purpose but I didn't like keeping the mags charged for weeks on end.  There are no worries about FTF with a revolver... [pistol]

If recon with the Smith shows a substantial threat and circumstances allow I go to the safe for my Mossy 590 loaded with #4 Buck.  If there is a hoard of howling savages on my stoop, well, then the M-4gery with C-Mag is a must [:D].
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:39:55 AM EDT
[#33]
I use a S & W 357 mag with Speer 124 grain gold dots. My wife tells me she will back me up with her batton (the one she used in the fourth grade)
At leat my back is safe.
Buddha, we sell the Black Talons for $40 per box. I think this is highway robbery, but guys fight over them. We easily get $60 per box on the internet auction sites.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I got an old 'flip' and a handfull of rocks. If that don't work then it's the Mav 88 or PPK.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Winchester 1300 Defender with 3" 00 Buck...
HK USP Tactical...
AR w/2 30rnd mags...

All within 3 feet of my bed...

Other guns stashed through-out the house [:)]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#36]
i myself keep my Bushy AR right next to my bed.  it has a 100rd drum in it at all hours of the night!  personally, in texas the law says if someone is on your property at night, i can shoot them because it is considered a threatening act. or somthing like that.  thats what my dad told me anyway.  he is HPD so he knows better than i do.  anyway, God help the person who inters my house.  my dad has his SIG P-220 next to him at night, also a shot gun in the closet, and my mom has a .22 LR in the corner next to her.  and in my room like i said i keep my AR.  my dad unfortunatly had to shoot a person while on duty many years ago.  the bad guy tried to run over his partener w/ a tractor.  so my dad shot him with a remington 870 in the back of his head.  not much left after that.  one pellet knocked the guys eyeball out of his eye socket too.  anyway....thats it for me.  honestly maybe i am a sycopath(sp) but i would not mind being in a shoot out.  maybe its cuz i am young and stupid still. i donno.  have a great day guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top