Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2001 5:11:39 PM EDT
We at the Maryland AR-15 Shooter Site came up with a quick and cheap way to mount a Surefire 6P onto the handguards.   [url]http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite&naventryid=143[/url]

The question was, with a standard bulb, how would it hold up to live fire?

I ran 20 rounds downrange with the light off.  Worked fine.  Turned the light on and let it heat up.  Then ran another 40 rounds downrange with the light on - no damage.

They sell a shock proof light, but for occasional use it doesn't appear to be necessary.  I'll continue testing to failure if I can.

[img]http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite&ID_Topic=4&ID_Message=109[/img]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I've fired probably something over 500 rounds through an AR with a Surefire 6P mounted, and have also used a 9P some.  Took my 6P through Thunder Ranch Urban Rifle 2 (only mounted during the night portion, but also used it in some practice before UR2.)  Haven't had any problems with them yet.  John
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly the weapons mounted lights are reinforced to take the shock, but I can't notice any difference between my 6z and any of my 6v weapons lights.

One thing I would definitely recommend:  Buy the 6v battery 'packs.'  The ones that come with two 3v batteries shrink wrapped together.  If you use two loose 3v batteries they may burst open from the shock and leak battery acid everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top