Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 12:13:16 PM EDT
Well I turn 21 in 20 days, so I went down to Sportsman's Warehouse and put my first pistol on layaway so I'll have it paid for by my birthday. I am by no means well off, but I won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to protecting my well-being. I chose the HK USP compact 45.......and I am so psyched. When I called they told me they had a couple tacticals, but when I got there they said they never had them, so I was a little disappointed. But there will always be room in the collection for more. This is my way of wishing myself a happy b-day..... happy shooting!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am by no means well off, but I won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to protecting my well-being. I chose the HK USP compact 45.......and I am so psyched.
View Quote

I hate to tell you, but a HK USP isn't a 1911.  I thought you wanted the best??

Just kidding you....congrats.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
DUDE! Happy Birthday and happy first handgun purchase...  [beer]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a pistol before a case of beer when I turned 21.  It was a USP 9mm.  I have no regrets about the buying that gun but I wish I would have gotten the .45........ you did it right.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats now you can legally drink and drive. [:)]

Happy B day!!!!

I'd get a sig 220. [;)]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh I'll get a SIG down the road sometime, but I've been waiting years for my USP. As far as beer goes......well it's nothing new to me....and to sgtar15 : Believe me my next hangun purchase will definately be a Kimber Ultra ten II....
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Redcell,

CONGRATS !!

You won't be disappointed with HK. You made a fine choice.

Now pay it off, and get something else on layaway !  The addiction has begun !

[bday]

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am by no means well off, but I won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to protecting my well-being. I chose the HK USP compact 45.......and I am so psyched.
View Quote

I hate to tell you, but a HK USP isn't a 1911.  I thought you wanted the best?? sgtar15
View Quote

Ha! Ha! Ha! Hate to tell you both that if it is not a P220, it is not the best either. [:D]

Just kidding! I have all three and for a .45, I personally think that the P220 is better than both. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
You'll definitely need a 1911, and Kimber is the way to go!  I may end up trying to get a CDP sometime in the future when I can afford one.  The 1911 is the most comfortable handgun I've had opportunity to own or fire.  

Congrats on the big 2 1... the years roll by now... I blinked, and now I'm 25!

M@
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Good choice, I luv my USPC
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You did good.  Also, you have good taste for a young'un.  There may be hope for America yet if there are more like you out there.  [beer]
View Quote

I agree, take all your young'un friends out and introduce them to the shooting sports. We need all the new shooters we can get.

Happy B Day
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Happy Birthday and Congrats on becoming a pistol owner. Enjoy it to the fullest and more importantly be safe![beer]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to protecting my well-being. I chose the HK USP compact 45.......and I am so psyched.
View Quote

I have the same gun only the S/S version. You will NOT be disappointed!!! Get you a couple of H&K tee-shirts at gunshows. Cool factor is off the scale.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats! You chose well!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Does WA have a waiting period ?

I am wondering becuase I would like to get a Pistol on my 21st B'Day, but FL has a 3 Day wait on Handguns. So, does Layaway get you around the wait (i.e. You anounced your intent) ?

Personally, my 21st will probly be the first time I can buy a handgun. It is technically legal here in Florida for me to buy a Pistol privately at 18. But, nobody is willing to touch it with a 10 foot pole. Basically, nobody'll sell me one.

Back on topic, good luck with your first Pistol purchase. Too bad you are in Washington or you could send off a Form 4 (with $200) and get a MAC-10 SMG.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top