Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/12/2002 11:02:16 PM EDT
Earlier tonight i ran over the neighbors cat. This happened in my driveway and i never saw the cat there was just a little bump and a big meow of death followed by another little bump. Nobody knows but me. Now the neighbors' wife is gonna freak out, this is one of those long haired Persians and she's one of those Dr.No type cat lovers. Shes also strange and a little hard to get along with. My minds made up, that cats gonna be laying by the side of the road by morning. I'd rather fess up but i dont think thats gonna happen. It's really nothin serious i just thought i'd share. What would you do/have done under similar circumstances?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a gas or charcoal grill?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I would probably do the same thing, some people can get really crazy when it comes to pets, best to be cautious.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL!!!!

step 1. Get a beer.
step 2. Fire up BBQ grill.
step 3. Skin and dress Mr. Kitty.
step 4. BBQ Mr. Kitty to a golden brown perfection.
step 5. Invite neighbor over for some BBQ.

step 6. Enjoy your beer while neighbor eats BBQ'ed delicassy!!!   [beer]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
[8]  says "punt"
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with you.  Just respectfully lay it on the curb.  

I'd normally tell a neighbor I ran over their pet.  But you just don't mess with those cat ladies! [whacko]

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously, I would do exactly what you are going to do....and don't sweat it, she should have kept the damn thing inside or on a leash, not your fault.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Cat ladies are strange, lay it on the curb.  I aggree, if it were so precious, I would hope that she kept it inside.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
You could put it underneath their car, late at night, and the next morning they'll think they did ran it over. [:P]

Just kiddin, watch out if you leave it on the side of the road, coyotes or animals might drag it away.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok Mr.Buggles or whatever they call em is decorating the side of a major U.S. highway right now. He was a house cat, i dont know what he was doin outside without her attached to him.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Side of the road sounds good. It's enough you feel bad, and it was unintentional, so opening yourself up for trouble is to be avoided.

Twenty five years ago, my sister would go ballistic if she saw someone treating their cat like it was a person.
Today she sleeps with her two Maine Coons and calls herself Mom.
"Oh, precious, come to mommy."[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:34:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Worms must eat, so bury it in your back yard.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:05:57 AM EDT
[#13]
You just ran over the [i]neighbours[/i] cat. Now what?
View Quote

What are you, canadian?
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#14]
The three times I did it,I tossed it on the drive, behind their auto and then went over to console them the next day.
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:35:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I would have taken it out in the country and dumped it in a ditch, or thrown it off a bridge. Now that it's laying on the side of the road you are still opening yourself up to the Cat Lady as a possible suspect of running over her cat. If the damn thing just "ran away" she would know that it is nobodies fault but her own.

She might even call out the Humane Society and after some quick fingerprints and DNA testing you could find yourself on trial for murder. Don't you watch CSI? Always destroy the evidence!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:51:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Field-dress it, Full head mount at yer local taxidermist and you have the perfect Christmas present for the "neighbours" next year. [;)]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:52:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Take the high road.  It shouldn't have been in your driveway, and it was an accident.  Are you really [i]that[/i] afraid of this women?

Tell her what happened, apologize (even though it wasn't really your fault) and move on....

If she decides to get crappy about it, come back & tell us about it - we'll help you.  We've got some really sinister, creative thinkers here....  

[:D]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#18]
LMAO @ the pop quiz
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:01:10 AM EDT
[#19]
........Coyote bait.........[sniper]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:13:27 AM EDT
[#20]
You just ran over the neighbours cat. Now what?
View Quote

I'm going to Disneyworld! [bounce]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:21:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I've had cats since I was 12...I learned long ago that cats get run over by accident. No need to deal with your neighbor especially if you don't get along with her. I'd do exactly what your doing and put him by the curb and not give it a 2nd thought.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:31:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You just ran over the [i]neighbours[/i] cat. Now what?
View Quote

What are you, canadian?
View Quote

Huh?

What is so Canadian about that statement?

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:43:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Howdy, [u]Neighbor[/u]!

I think 1GUNRUNNER's referring to your Euro-spell version of [i]neighbour[/i]!

BTW, what cat?[:D]

It's probably too late, but pitch the cat! That way you can always be certain the cat lady will never let her next little Fluffy go out alone!

Eric The(DogGuy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#24]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=93770[/url]

Just a reminder for those with short memories and attention spans.

Somehow the difference is lost on me.

[IMG]http://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=93770[/url]

Just a reminder for those with short memories and attention spans.

Somehow the difference is lost on me.

[IMG]http://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
View Quote

one appears deliberate, the other accidental.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Don't sweat it. Just bury it. Damn cats out on the prowl are open game. They kill birds, you kill them. It's called the "food chain". Cats kill stuff all the time that they have no intention to eat. What goes around comes around.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Hmm when it's a killing cats thread it's a joke, but kill a dog and BLAMO!!! people are up in arms.
View Quote

GB summed it up much better than I ever could.  Compare the responses in this thread to one I linked.

Again, the difference is lost on me.

Call me slow...[IMG]http://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]

Edited to add:

Damn cats out on the prowl are open game.
View Quote

Worthless mutts here are the same.  I keep a ready react Bushmaster propped at the back door for wandering Fidos.  Usually only takes a couple of rounds.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:13:29 AM EDT
[#28]
It's really nothin serious i just thought i'd share. What would you do/have done under similar circumstances?[/quote]
Call your neighbor, tell her to get a shovel and come clean up the mess. In your own yard, there is no closed season on cats. Have the bitch wash your car too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:16:14 AM EDT
[#29]
So it's OK to joke around about killing a cat, but kill a dog and people get really pissed off?

WTF? Someone care to explain that to me?

Av.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Take the high road, she'd probably want to know.

I have a cat that I am very very fond of, a friendly, steely nerved orange one that sleeps through gunfire, and isn't impressed by my steel SCA armor, one who'se smart enough to avoid cars with running engines, and who comes in for the night when I rattle my keys. He's an inside-outside cat by temperament, and I accept the possibility that he might get hit by a car some night as the price of him being free to be outside and thus happier.

I've lost cats to cars before. It hurts, but cats and cars don't mix. If someone came to me and told me they'd hit my cat and were really sorry, I'd thank them for their honesty, and go bury my cat. Nothing else to be done. By the way, if I caught someone in the act of hurting my cat deliberately, you bet your bippy I'd go ballistic. Probably not a gun, but definitely an SCA rattan at the least.

Pet owners aren't rational about their animals, and if you say "it's just an animal", you probably don't own one, or just wouldn't understand. I felt the same way about my dogs when I had them. They're family.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Tell the woman.  It smacks of dishonor to slink away and try to conceal the act.  She should have kept better control of her pet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:28:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Post from Avalon01 -
WTF? Someone care to explain that to me?
View Quote

If you don't automatically understand it, I doubt anyone could ever adequately explain it to your satisfaction!

Just understand that it's just the way things are!

Imagine, if you will:

Timmy's Mom: Look, Fluffy is at the door, meowing! And Timmy isn't with her!

Timmy's Dad: Something bad must have happened to Timmy! Where's Timmy, Fluffy?

Mom: C'mon, Fluffy, take us to Timmy, now!

Dad: I'll get a flashlight! Let's go, Fluffy!

They open the door and Fluffy makes a beeline for her favorite spot on the sofa.

A few weeks later, Timmy is identified from dental records....

Eric The(See!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:33:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I don't...

But I will try to keep it in mind when I toss the next blown away mutt over the fenceline to the railroad right of way for the buzzards to snack on.

I promise...[IMG]http://www.3dpcgame.com/cwm/s/contrib/aahmed/tongue.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#34]
do what's right and tell you neighbor.

this reminds me of my neighbor's cat Jake. upon coming home and opening the garage, my 9 year old yelled "dad i think zeus is eating something he is not suppose to be eating". i go over to the side of the garage and hear this bone crunching sound and see my ex-dog eating a cat. dam i was pissed. i proceeded to take the half eating carcass to the garbage. since it was late and dark, i couldn't tell whose cat it was. the next day, i went back to the feeding grounds and found a collar with Jake's name and address [:(] we took the collar to our neighbor's and broke the bad news. don't be like the rest of society, take responsibility for your actions.

got my flame suit on [:)]

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:34:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Mr. Hun,

I think you watch TV too much. Imagine the same scenario with a labrador retriever...

Imagine, if you will:

Timmy's Mom: Look, Sparky is at the door, barking! And Timmy isn't with him!

Timmy's Dad: Something bad must have happened to Timmy! Where's Timmy, Sparky?

Mom: C'mon, Sparky, take us to Timmy, now!

Dad: I'll get a flashlight! Let's go, Sparky!

They open the door and Sparky runs in circles barking joyously, trying to figure out why all his people are running around making noise. It must be time to play!!!

A few weeks later, Timmy is identified from dental records....
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:14:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You just ran over the neighbours cat. Now what?
View Quote

I'm going to Disneyworld! [bounce]
View Quote

I like my two cats VERY much, and never let them outside WITHOUT supervision. Heck, we built a 26x16 screen room for them.

I'd be pretty pissed if a so-called "advocate of personal repsonsibility" when it comes to firearms would act so limp wristed in owning up to killing my cat.

But Renamed -

Dang!!!!!! that's funny!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I don't...

But I will try to keep it in mind when I toss the next blown away mutt over the fenceline to the railroad right of way for the buzzards to snack on.

I promise...[IMG]http://www.3dpcgame.com/cwm/s/contrib/aahmed/tongue.gif[/IMG]
View Quote

If the dogs pose a threat to you as strays, then you gotta do what you gotta do.  But any MAN that enjoys doing it is a kid that got beat up a lot in high school and wants to take out his aggression.  

Ask yourself, "Self...when I shoot one of these mutts, do I enjoy it so much that I am aroused?"  

You posted twice about your love for shooting the dogs.  You'll get no fans here with that crap.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Tie a noose around the kitty's little neck and hang it from your neighbor's front door with a sign that says "YOU".
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Tie a noose around the kitty's little neck and hang it from your neighbor's front door with a sign that says "YOU".
View Quote

This is not what I would do as an animal lover and all, it's just what my friend Jack Handy suggested.   Just for the record....
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#41]
So, Spearweasel, you've had a bad experience with a lab? I never did! Sounds like a puppy you got there. He'll get better with time!

Besides, it's much more likely you'll get some assistance from Sparky than you will Fluffy!

When's the last time you've seen Deputies and Rescue workers pull up with a pickup full of cats to locate a lost child?

How many rescue cats at Ground Zero in NYC?

Dogs have earned their right to companionship with man, ever since we climbed out of that dark cave!

Dogs have masters, cats have staff!

'A Boy and His Dog'! 'A Guy and His Cat'?

Eric The(Hey,I'mJustJoshing,Can'tCatOwnersTakeAJoke?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So, Spearweasel, you've had a bad experience with a lab? I never did! Sounds like a puppy you got there. He'll get better with time!

Besides, it's much more likely you'll get some assistance from Sparky than you will Fluffy!

When's the last time you've seen Deputies and Rescue workers pull up with a pickup full of cats to locate a lost child?

How many rescue cats at Ground Zero in NYC?

Dogs have earned their right to companionship with man, ever since we climbed out of that dark cave!

Dogs have masters, cats have staff!

'A Boy and His Dog'! 'A Guy and His Cat'?

Eric The(Hey,I'mJustJoshing,Can'tCatOwnersTakeAJoke?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I've got no doubts that a dog is a hell of a lot more functional than a cat, but I have known some seriously dumbass dogs. If I had a house, I'd have dogs and cats, I grew up with both. I live in an apartment, so I like a small pet that needs little attention. Besides... I have a cat that would tag along on foot when we walked the postnuclear wastelands, and protect me from 9" tall microspikey haired mutants.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't care for cats myself, although they are passably good when braised in white wine.  Dogs are better companions and security, ferrets are better rodent-killers (hunting breed) and better companions (pet breed as sold here in the US), birds are smarter and more entertaining, fish are prettier, exotic reptiles have a higher "eeewww" factor.  Cats are good pets if you enjoy having cat hair and litterbox odor in your home, if you enjoy having your furniture destroyed (de-claw is possible though), if you enjoy watching an animal hack up a hairball, and want an animal around that is notorious for smothering babies.  All that aside, some people inexplicably value the creatures, so you should tell the woman that her cat is no more.

Edited to add: Good point about the 9" tall microspikey-haired mutants.  See what a great place this board is?  Even I, the acknowledged authority on SHM's, have learned something!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Cats are good pets if you ....want an animal around that is notorious for smothering babies!
View Quote

Ban all cats. For the children.

I've never heard of a cat smothering a baby. Did it happen on THIS planet, or Alf's home planet???

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Platform, if you can't see the difference between accidentally hitting a cat with a car, and intentionally shooting dogs, then you have other issues which go beyond the scope of this thread.

Get rid of the evidence.  If the lady finds out, chances are 35% that she will charge you with some ridiculous animal crime, and better than 65% that she will sue for damages.  Chances are close to 95% that she will try to get even on one of your animals.

Better to be safe.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If the dogs pose a threat to you as strays, then you gotta do what you gotta do.  But any MAN that enjoys doing it is a kid that got beat up a lot in high school and wants to take out his aggression.  

Ask yourself, "Self...when I shoot one of these mutts, do I enjoy it so much that I am aroused?"  

You posted twice about your love for shooting the dogs.  You'll get no fans here with that crap.
View Quote

Oh I have posted FAR more than just this time.  Longtime board members will recall I have goats here to keep the brush and kudzu down on my land.  About 8 weeks ago I lost 4 to what was first believed to be coyotes.  I detailed that adventure here.  Further investigation determined it was a pair of boxers from a neighbor about 2 miles away.  Spent a couple of cold nights on the barn roof wishing the worthless mutts would come back.  Unknown to me at the time was another neighbor had lost about 20 pet ducks to the same "pets". The owner penned his "companions" back properly.  Let's just say "covert measures" were used to dispose of this particular problem.

But any MAN that enjoys doing it is a kid that got beat up a lot in high school and wants to take out his aggression.
View Quote

LOL...That one is funny.  Just hate dogs.  

[IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cats are good pets if you ....want an animal around that is notorious for smothering babies!
View Quote

I've never heard of a cat smothering a baby. Did it happen on THIS planet, or Alf's home planet???

View Quote

My grandmother would never let a cat in the same room as a baby because she said the cat would "steal the baby's breath."  You wouldn't be calling my grandmother a liar, would you?
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:05:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My minds made up, that cats gonna be laying by the side of the road by morning. What would you do/have done under similar circumstances?
View Quote

You know, she may not see it beside the road... I'd put it in her mail box. Just to be sure it's found.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

My grandmother would never let a cat in the same room as a baby because she said the cat would "steal the baby's breath."  You wouldn't be calling my grandmother a liar, would you?
View Quote

No, you made THAT comparison. [rolleyes]

First you say cats are NOTORIOUS for smothering babies. As in, Charles manson is notorious for killing women. Or Sarah Brady is notorious for being an idiot. So, i asked for some documentation of your kitty libel.

Then you give me grandmas home remedies.

Puh-leeeze.

Just admit you exaggerated, and we can all go home.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top