Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 7:22:09 PM EDT
I was hoping for 80s style Commando Schwarzenegger but I got some a pile of crap Eraser/End of day’s movie.

Thanks for stealing my 8 bucks you jackass.

Paper
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be back...for your 8 dollars ahhshole...:)
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Arnold is a great actor.....until he opens his
mouth.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't think it was bad, but it certainly was not a Ahnuld-SUPER-shootem-up movie.  I don't think he ever picked up a single gun...
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't say the movie sucked. I've been to a great many sucky movies in my day. It was pretty unrealistic. He would never have been able to sit in on all the FBI planning sessions. It was wierd how all the people in Columbia spoke english. At the end do you really believe that in a building full of FBI agents that after the last bomb went off that Arnold would be the only one that would go into the underground tunnels of the building to battle the terrorists? Where was the FBI during all this? I feel like my $4.25 was wasted on this movie. I would wate till it came on video. Just my opinion. CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems to me that his last four or five movies have sucked, has his "style" changed since that surgery he had several years ago? If they fuck up Terminator III, I'm gonna be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to admit he's slightly passed his prime to be making those kinds of movies. If realism is your bag, that is.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You have to admit he's slightly passed his prime to be making those kinds of movies. If realism is your bag, that is.
View Quote
Even in his prime his movies were not exactly what I would call realistic, take for instance Commando, have you tried to do a body count on that movie?  Last time I tried he had killed over 85 people, and only recieved a few cuts and minor abraisions himself.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Last time I tried he had killed over 85 people, and only recieved a few cuts and minor abraisions himself.
View Quote

Complete with the never ending belt for the pig [:)]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Even in his prime his movies were not exactly what I would call realistic, take for instance Commando, have you tried to do a body count on that movie?  Last time I tried he had killed over 85 people, and only recieved a few cuts and minor abraisions himself.
View Quote

I totally agree. But I was referring simply to his age. It's not too often that you see guys in their 50's running around like that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Terminators are REAL?!?!?!?  HEAD FOR THE HILLS!  THE SHTF!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Realistic movies are almost impossible to find these days, to my chagrin. I would never expect a schwarzenegger film to be.

'Behind Enemy Lines' wasn't bad, but still contrived and fantastic at points.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Man, I better qualify everything I say here. :) I mean you don't see old farts running around kicking butt in the real world, that's all. I am not referring to the content of the movies, which, of course, is nothing but fantasy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#14]
your right the arnaold movie sucked!  BLACK HAWK DOWN on the other hand was very good!  nice guns too
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally saw "Enemy At The Gates" last night on DVD.  Thought it was great.  Anybody else see it?

Arnold's best-ever IMO is Predator.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Despite being historically inaccurate, i enjoyed "Enemy at the Gates" and own it on DVD.

i just wish they had more sniper action at longer ranges.

lib
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#17]
enemy @ the gates was ok but B.H.D. was much better!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I was also greatly dissappointed in this movie.  All that "action" and explosions and my heart rate never increased a beat.

Now the movie "Eraser" - that was a pretty good flick!

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Despite being historically inaccurate, i enjoyed "Enemy at the Gates" and own it on DVD.

i just wish they had more sniper action at longer ranges.

lib

Actually one of the few realistic things they did stress in the movie was how close the sniping distances was, esp. in house-to-house fighting. Other than that- esp. the contrived, slapped-on gratuitous love story, the movie was mostly forgettable.

Exc. for- just came to mind- the transport across the River Don scenes. I've read about those before. SHEESH! What a govt.! Not enough guns for everybody, so you took the gun of somebody in front of you who died in a mad mass charge into machine gun and artillery fire. Unbelieveable, but true.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't think he ever picked up a single gun...
View Quote

That was, in fact, one of the selling point for the movie, that Arnie didn't use any guns, as several movie reviews and write-ups have mentioned.  Arnie must be getting soft in his old age.

BTW, I am still waiting for NAACP to find Mr. Schwartzneggar's name offensive and insensitive.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#21]
"Enemy at the Gates" was good I have it on DVD also.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:41:39 AM EDT
[#22]
We rented "Enemy at the Gates" on DVD tonight. I'm not sure if I'll buy it yet because I'm not convinced it's a keeper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top