Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 7:04:06 PM EDT
Hi there!
I just sold a preban car15 to someone in CT. I will ship only to an FFL. But is it legal to receive a preban car15 in CT?
Just want to cover my bases.
I am still looking for a job and needed to raise some funds.
Thanks for the help.
Angel
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm. The list of banned weapons only bans the specific weapons by model and manufacturer on the list. In this case the only weapons on the list (as far as ARs go)
are the Colt AR-15 and the Colt Sporter.
They attempted to include the Colt CAR-15 by name on an expanded ban last year ( Raised bill 1405 which also listed the [i]Colt AR-10[/i] LOL!!!)
which later showed up as part of another bill.
In the end, the list was not expanded** so the CAR-15 was not banned by name. Anyhow, the law says that you cannot "sell or transfer," a banned rifle, "to any person within this state other than to a licensed gun dealer."

**However, they stuck us with a permanent State ban on all weapons included on the original list.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as it is not a pre ban Colt you are in the clear.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Its legal to transfer to an FFL. An FFL can't sell it to anyone that lives in the state though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.
It is an olympic Arms preban car15. The concensus so far is that I will have no problem sending it to an FFL in CT. Thanks
Angel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top