Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/7/2009 7:13:54 PM EDT
What is that place all about? I have heard conflicting accounts; ive heard that it is a forum full of airsoft posers and ive heard that it's populated with real life operators.

Which is it>?
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My first In on one and IBTL

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Those guys seem to be the real deal for the most part.  I wouldn't go there unless you're looking for some good gouge on mil/police matters.  If you pull GD antics over there you'll get your dick stomped and booted.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Wasn't that a retail gear site once upon a time?
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
airsoft all the way
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Never heard of it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
IBTL on one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#7]
don't get caught pussy footin around in there unless you've shot at someone before, check out the probation sub-forum, they're ruthless, cold hearted bastards and apply the ban hammer generously...

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]
some good info if you are looking for something specific that leads you there.  read everything carefully and do searches before asking something
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#9]
They're mostly for real, very serious about their work.  If you aren't LEO or .mil, I'd just sign up for an account and lurk.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
so they are hardcore over there?
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Lightfighter originally started out as a gear forum owned by Brad Nelson of Lightfighter. It was the go to place when it came to discussing gear, equipment, and became a hangout for cops and military guys. Airsoft guys and regular joes are also on the site as well, which there is nothing wrong with. If they are a part of the community to learn and contribute, then by all means. However, where airsofters are usually tossed out on their ass is when they try to make gear recommendations to guys that use it under fire based on their experiences in airsofting or what looks cool. The site is now owned by ATS, and it is run pretty tight. People sometimes gets in a huff when they are chastised for talking out their ass about things they don't have experience in. It's populated by cops and soldiers: naturally, the chastise might be a bit gruff.

All in all, its a great place to learn and spend time. I prefer it to most of the sites that are out there. The camaraderie is second to none, in my opinion, and I have personal knowledge of LFr's doing things for LFr's they've never met, just because they know the general quality of the persons there.

Check it out. Just make sure you follow rules, and please post an intro in the requested thread (Not a new one).
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
so they are hardcore over there?

No. You should join their forum and ask them why they think the G36 is the greatest airsoft gun ever.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#13]
For a bunch of tough guys, they can get real upset if the new guy doesn't introduce himself first.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#14]
You will find no threads on whether or not cops should wear BDUs over there......

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I once got locked over there for bringing up a comment about possee comitatus  
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You will find no threads on whether or not cops should wear BDUs over there......

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Go over there and start a thread about the mercenaries in Blackwater.

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

+100

They are the real deal. If your going to post, you'd better sure as shit do an intro post first or they will fuck your shit and see to it that you are born again hard.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

For a bunch of tough guys, they can get real upset if the new guy doesn't introduce himself first.

for real, when you sign up, you better read those damn rules or you may not get past post #1

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#20]
If you aren't Mil or LE in all likelyhood you will either A) Never post or B) Get bannated
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought a lightfighter was the preffered weapon of Jedi Knights?
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Far more informed membership than arfcom.

Arfcom GD is more fun, though.

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I understand they are very open to criticism and people whose experience is mainly bench rest shooting and airsoft. They understand that even the best "operator" may not notice something you may have noticed while performing combat simulations with your friends or how a gun that does well at range shooting will work well on a "two-way range." Go forth and share your knowledge with them. They will be thankful.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I understand they are very open to criticism and people whose experience is mainly bench rest shooting and airsoft. They understand that even the best "operator" may not notice something you may have noticed while performing combat simulations with your friends or how a gun that does well at range shooting will work well on a "two-way range." Go forth and share your knowledge with them. They will be thankful.

I can only go off of what I've heard of the place, but

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

for real, when you sign up, you better read those damn rules or you may not get past post #1

+1

Make sure your first post is your self-Intro post in the correct place.  No kidding.

They run a very tight ship.  Getting banned or jumped on isn't difficult.  Read for a while before wading in.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes, if you mess around with LF they will kick in your door and internet fuck you. Actually, they cant, LOL, because at the end of the day no matter how tough they talk they are just an internet bulletin board that takes themselves way to seriously. They have good content, but even if you are le/mil they will still call bullshit if your shit and their shit dont mesh up, ive known it to happen.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#27]
thing that I found interesting is that there is quite a few people that make tactical gear by hand for you, your specs, good price, and very good quality.  like coyote tactical.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm a member. It's primarily for .mil/le operators. Some airsofters have been caught there, and ridiculed as needed. Good site for valuable gear info.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes, if you mess around with LF they will kick in your door and internet fuck you. Actually, they cant, LOL, because at the end of the day no matter how tough they talk they are just an internet bulletin board that takes themselves way to seriously. They have good content, but even if you are le/mil they will still call bullshit if your shit and their shit dont mesh up, ive known it to happen.

At least the dudes on LF know it's "way too seriously" vice "way to seriously." Go think about what you have done.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Been a member there for 3 years, but I only have 5 posts
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least the dudes on LF know it's "way too seriously" vice "way to seriously." Go think about what you have done.

Whoops.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#32]
in
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Good info over there, but some of the mods take themselves WAY too seriously.  I posted before I posted an "intro" and you'd of thought I insulted all Special Forces everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good info over there, but some of the mods take themselves WAY too seriously.  I posted before I posted an "intro" and you'd of thought I insulted all Special Forces everywhere.

That's not why you were placed on probation....

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Not nearly as much fun as this place.

Probably why I can't even remember my user name.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#36]
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? I DIDN'T SEE AN INTRO???

[banished to probie forum]  What did I do?  I just wanted to know why police wear BDUs?  /Tinfoil doesn't fly there at all.

I've lurked infrequently, haven't been there in a very long time.  It seems very clique-ish and especially abrasive to newbs.

Good discussions on gear, but I'm skeptical of any discussion forum focused on products the site owner sells.  To be fair I've never seen anything improper in my short visits there.

I stay with arfcom for the weapon nerds.  I don't think there is any better resource for fast response on questions about any small arms, if you know enough to filter out the bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Im just gonna go ahead and get IN ON ONE...
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#38]
A little advice: Stay in your lane.

They aren't a real playful bunch.  From what I've seen they're very courteous with each other and just as brutal to big mouth newbies and poseurs.  I've been a member for almost year, I guess.  Post Count = 1.

If I ever get bored enough, I'm going to start a thread titled "Good Morning, Everyone" and see what happens.

Jane

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Real Deal  with a great "Build Your Own" forum
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#40]
in
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
<snip>  It seems very clique-ish and especially abrasive to newbs.<snip>

Typical of a lot of military people.

<––––-Included.

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Why gonna be locked?
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#44]
in on one
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I spent way too much cash do to their gear forum but most of the stuff did come in handy.

Things have changed a bit IMHO since the ATS changeover.  Biggest thing is to be honest. I joined when i was still a green shit bag many years ago and they never busted my balls for asking dumb shit questions because i was honest in my assessment of my skill set. In fact some members even IM'd me and offered some great advice.

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Lightfighter.com is a place to get a basic understanding of the shooting sports. If you would like to learn a little more about how things work, go to socnet.com. Just click on your disipline of choice and post away. There are some very knowledgeable people there who are always very patient and willing to help all who ask! Just let them know all about your JROTC experience in High School and those guys will help you with whatever you need. Please post the responses back here.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm a member. It's primarily for .mil/le operators. Some airsofters have been caught there, and ridiculed as needed. Good site for valuable gear info.

They made LE Operators now?

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

It's the internet....

For a site populated from communities that generally believe strongly in 'new guy hazing', they have to come up with a virtual version....

I mean, it's not like you're getting ziptied to a chair & given a 'tour' by way of an engine hoist....

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top