User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2002 4:25:24 PM EDT
BUDWEISER COMMITS $100,000 IN SUPPORT OF THE SHOOTING SPORTS . . . At
the State of the Industry Report at the SHOT SHOW, Budweiser reaffirmed
its longstanding commitment to fostering our hunting and shooting sports
traditions by presenting a $100,000 check to the Hunting and Shooting
Sports Heritage Fund. Bob Delfay, NSSF's president and CEO, accepted the
check on behalf of the Heritage Fund from Rod Forth, the evening's guest
speaker and Anheuser-Busch vice president of government affairs.
"Budweiser has shown exemplary support of our hunting, shooting and
conservation heritage, and our industry is extremely appreciative of this
most recent generous contribution," said Delfay.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, looks like I'm back to drinking Bud again.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah!!!

"It is the policy of the National Shooting Sports Foundation and the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturer's Institute that encouraging anyone to purchase a firearm for home protection is wrong."
Robert Delfey
President, NSSF
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah!!!

"It is the policy of the National Shooting Sports Foundation and the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturer's Institute that encouraging anyone to purchase a firearm for home protection is wrong."
Robert Delfey
President, NSSF
View Quote

What the hell is that all about?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What the hell is that all about?
View Quote

I'm not sure, but to me it means he is trying to seperate the NSSF from the "extremists" who still believe that defense is the primary purpose of gun ownership.

OR

[i]...the right of the people to keep and bear arms, for sporting purposes, shall not be infringed.[/i]

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember the quote from not too long ago, it was in response to the charge from the lefties that the NSSF is an organization dedicated to scaring people into buying guns for self-defense.

I think the intent is to let people decide for themselves, not *convince* them they need a gun for self-defense, and if so, the quote is not that bad, although any retreat before the commie onslaught is a mistake.

Back to Bud, do they make any *good* beers I can drink?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought that the NSSF was on our side.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah!!!

Robert Delfey
President, NSSF
View Quote

Would you please provide a cite for that quote?
View Quote

[url]http://www.clede.com/Articles/oped/delfay.htm[/url]

The quote was taken slightly out of context.  Here it is in full:

Firearms for Self-defense My industry has been criticized for irresponsibly marketing firearms for home defense. We acknowledge that some companies have aggressively promoted the use of their products for home defense. It is the policy of the National Shooting Sports Foundation and the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute, however, that encouraging anyone to purchase a firearm for home protection is wrong. The NSSF neither advocates, nor discourages, the use of a firearm for home protection. We believe it is inappropriate for any organization whether it's NSSF or handgun control "to make a blanket recommendation that an individual in Maine, Montana or Massachusetts should" or should not maintain a firearm for self-protection.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Alcohol and firearms!  All we need is some tobacco and the ATF guys can bring the chips! [:D]

Just joshin'.  I'm glad they stepped up.  Coors still running Schutzenfest?  Chevy still supporting the Team Challenge?  Why aren't these televised?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll drink to that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top