Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2009 5:36:47 PM EDT
I think I saw a gun safe on here once where you basically bolt it together from the inside to assemble it.  Anyone know what brand it was?

I am asking because I worry about moving a heavy safe across a laminate floor.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I think I saw a gun safe on here once where you basically bolt it together from the inside to assemble it.  Anyone know what brand it was?

I am asking because I worry about moving a heavy safe across a laminate floor.

Thanks.

http://www.zanottiarmor.com/

Link Posted: 10/3/2009 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Zanotti's pin together

Dakotas bolt together.

I've heard good on both.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice safes, but their fire rating isn't as high as a standard safe, and the metal is a little thinner.  The back isn't much thicker than tin foil...They are designed to be bolted down to the floor against a wall.

Link Posted: 10/3/2009 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Just buy a bunch of golf balls and you won't have any trouble moving your safe around.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
hmmm, ugly finish on those.  Are there any other companies that make a glossy one?
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
hmmm, ugly finish on those.  Are there any other companies that make a glossy one?

Not that I'm aware of.

I guess you could call each one up and order them in primer only and have it painted....

Most nice glossy safes I've seen are of nicer brands with higher price tags.

And you can move a real safe across a laminate floor.  Just use a dolly with wide tires, and lay pieces of wood down over carpet or some similar soft material to roll it over.

I'd find a way to do it or talk to safe movers if that was your only concern with purchasing a solid safe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Sportsmans Warehouse had the Dakotas at a good price a year or so ago; I would've bought one if it came with a conventional lock instead of an electronic one.  Looking at their website, it appears that now they do use conventional combination locks.  They also now offer welded safes.

I also considered a Zanotti, they do have a good reputation, but are rather expensive, and have quite a lead time, or did.  I wound up buying a Liberty Criterion safe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a zanotti

you can get them into places that you couldn't move normal safes and flunky movers don't need to know exactly where your safe is

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#10]
strips of carpet + thick wooden dowels FTW. Cheap and will let you move your safe to wherever you want it to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top