Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2002 7:59:07 PM EDT
[soapbox]
WTH is up with these wannabe/so called "military surplus" stores?

I spent half my day visiting some stores this weekend, what a waste of time!

They don't have hardly anything at all that is good anymore. and/or they have worthless cr@p that is way overpriced. AND to top it off, they stock what would be good mil. stuff, but the stuff is cheap @ss knock-off's made in China or India or ??? WTH?

Where are the REALLY cool surplus stores nowadays???

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Klinton did away with them. ALL current surplus must be destroyed. that incluides MREs. hell, the front sight post on an M16 is cut in half so it can never be used again. now THATS economical. lets have a round of applause (or sometihng else) for Klinton.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
7IDL,

Here is the answer to your prayers....I have since quit going to "surplus stores".  I have never seen better prices.

[url=]www.sportsmansguide.com[/url]

I hope that worked.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[soapbox]
WTH is up with these wannabe/so called "military surplus" stores?

I spent half my day visiting some stores this weekend, what a waste of time!

Where are the REALLY cool surplus stores nowadays???

View Quote

[url]www.omahas.com[/url] in FW.  Nice selection, nice people, fair prices.  I have others in TX if you can tell me generally where you live.  Best surplus (not camping/surplus) are near military posts.  Some good ones in Killeen (sp??) and ELP.  Email me if this isn't clear.

-hanko (TX ex)
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
don't forget that pawn shops and flea markets in towns with or near military bases can also be a good source for some types of military surplus
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to make this a Sportsmansguide rave, but I have had fantastic dealings with them.

I've ordered from them several times, each with great customer service, great prices, and prompt shipping.

I seem to remember another place called Quartermaster supply that I had good results on with NIW USGI mags and other related AR stuff, and if I can dig up the link, I will post it in a follow-up.

AS promised, the Quartermaster Supply link. I know this is in Colorado Springs, and many would say an AF base is not a military base, but they do have alot of NEW and like new gear here, so hey, you make the connection.

[url]http://www.qm-supply.com/[/url]

The germ of destruction of our nation is in the power of the judiciary, an irresponsible body - working like gravity by night and by day, gaining a little today and a little tomorrow, and advancing its noiseless step like a thief over the field of jurisdiction, until all shall render powerless the checks of one branch over the other and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated."  -- Thomas Jefferson, 1821
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
but have you seen the thousand dollar m60 airsoft yet?  the one i saw was more than a pre ban ar!  that was downtown minneapolis somewhere...i bought a belt for like $1.50.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Old Grouch,

Do load bearing vests come in desert cammo?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll vouch for the Old Grouch. (sorry for getting poetical)

REAL milsurp, and fair prices.

And Tim's a darn nice guy too. Not grouchy at all.

[:D]

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Jacksonville, NC.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you are ever in western NC, come by my shop, it's real military surplus.

This is only a small portion of what we have [url]www.oldgrouch.com[/url]
View Quote

where is clyde in relationship to charlotte and greensboro? i visit every year and am a surplus hound.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Garand Shooter, how do I get to your shop off of I-40?  I will be visiting a tool builder in the next couple of weeks over in Horseshoe and might have to stop by.  I spent 4 yrs. over in Cullowhee, WCU, in the mid '80s so I'm familiar with the general area.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad to hear it isn't just my local store. All ours has is old clothes and overpriced junk.(i.e $50 tasco compact binocs and $70 knockoff military compasses).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top