Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2002 5:35:03 PM EDT
Well I finally got around to taking my wife out shooting and brought a couple of AR15's along with the Glocks and  the Benelli. She liked shooting them all including the 12 gauge Benelli 121M1 which kind of suprised me, but she loved the AR. She didn't want to put it down. Especially the Colt Carbine. I have the Aimpoint Comp mounted on it and she could hit whatever she aimed at. We both had a blast. She already wants to head back out later this week. The good news is I won't have to make excuses for wanting to go shooting. The bad news is my ammo budget just doubled.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Fingers.. know the feeling.  My wife has taken a liking to my Colt 16" Sporter LW.  I don't believe she's addicted as I (yet...?), but I'm working on it.  One thing I found, she loves capping bright orange clay targets.. make nice puff & smoke @ 50m range.  Another thing I did.. replaced A2 buttstock with M16 (shorter), and it provided much nicer fit.  She's now after me for a carry handle scope & mount.  Guess we'll do most anything for more range time.. but sure is nice with her participation!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Its funny you mention the clay targets. There some guys at the range setting up a bunch of them on a berm and my made the comment "Why didn't you bring any of those!!!" I've got a box of them in the garage but didn't think to bring them since I mainly use them when I'm shooting the shotgun. Oh well, who would have known.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
while you or I may find enjoyment, challenge, in poking holes in paper targets, somehow, the opposing gender needs immediate gratification.. clay birds, water-filled soda cans, and the like provide just that!.. as said, whatever it takes to give us more range time, it's well worth it.  As you mentioned, the ammo budget suffers, but pays great dividends in our relationship with our better-half!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top