Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2002 5:24:56 PM EDT
I heard the Orlando Fairgrounds is having their gun show this weekend (Feb 16th).

I have consistently made it each time for the past year and a half (Ok, I actually missed the last 2, but originally planned on attending) and each time came home frustrated at the crap being sold and exorbitant prices for ammo and guns.

Wolf ammo (.223) runs about $155/case. What a deal!!!!!!

Anyway, I already told my wife I am going and will have cash in my pockets, but chances are I will leave the show with only spending $10 ($5 admission and $5 for bag of beef jerky).

Soooooooooo, although I know I will leave frustrated I am still going. I will see items of interest and will still stupidly ask for their best price knowing its 20% more than the guy at the local shop. Than simply say, No Thank You and move on to the next table as I munch on my bag of beef jerky.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Awww JT:  I used to do the exact same thing until I went last time with a shopping list and purpose.  Here is what I ended up getting:

2 Orlite 30 rounders at $15.00 each
3 50 round bags of reloaded ss109 for $12.00 ea.
1 12 ga. bandoleer for my wife's 12 ga $13.00
1 50 cal. ammo can in perfect shape for $5.00  (I used this to carry all my stuff)
2 3 mag carry pouches at $3.00 each
1 22 cal boresnake at $16.50
1 bottle CLP $4.50 (love that stuff BTW)
1 extra chrome firing pin for my M4gery $7.00
1 emergency waterproof strobe light for $12.00

I passed up many SA 300 rd. battle packs, but did see some at $40.00...not bad really.  I would also like one of those way cool handle plugs that hold an extra 3 rounds.  Seriously now, looking at the list above and the prices that I paid...Did I get ripped off too badly?

I will give you this.  The gun prices looked a little steep, but there is usually a vendor there that sells Cold Steel knives at a decent price.  I also saw someone selling otterboxes and Pelican cases, but I didn't ask the prices.  Have some fun and pick up a nice tanto for backup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top