Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2002 6:19:52 PM EDT
I originally posted this in the wrong forum.

Is there a cutoff date on all PWA lowers designating them as pre/post ban, or do all post-ban lowers have the year of production as a prefix in the serial number??  I have been told that any PWA lower without the production year prefix is a pre-ban.  Is this correct?  If not, what is the cut off point in the serial numbers?
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not certain, but I think all PWA lowers are preban....then they became RRA.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
this is in the articles section under "legal" from the preban serial number list:

PWA (360) 438-3983
35222 and Below - Pre-Ban (Note:Some lowers are cast not forged. Out of business) Post-ban have a year
prefix in the serial number. Rumored to have only sold lowers.

but as Troy has rightly pointed out on other posts the only way you can be sure that you have a legal preban is if you have a letter from the factory saying it left there as an assembled preban and therefore grandfathered or you have a paper trail proving that it was indeed a rifle before the ban.

For practical purposes however the above info is good enough...

hth
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a cast Post ban PWA SN # 36,xxx that had a manufacture date stamped on mag well on right side 2/11/95 no date prefix in serial # .......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top