Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2002 5:14:20 PM EDT
I KNOW THE PLAYERS ARE REAL OPERATORS, BUT IS IT JUST ME, OR DO ANY OF YOU THINK IT LOOKS MORE THAN A LITTLE BIT FAKE, OR STAGED. [GRENADE]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it on TV?
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is it on TV?
View Quote

Yup USA channel. Forget if its Mon or Weds at 22:00

Me thinks its a bit staged. I don't even know if those guys are real operators.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
THEY ARE REAL ALRIGHT. MOST HAVE COMBAT EXP. SEALS, SWAT, SF, MARINE RECON, EVEN A COUPLE OF DELTA GUYS BELIVE IT OR NOT. ED THE D GUY USED TO INSTRUCT IN THE DELTA/SEAL CAMP SHOOTING CLASS IF YOU REMEMBER.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I beleive that it is real.  My take is all that Hollywood trash has a lot of people expecting more.  Something like Matrix, Heat, T2, Navy Seal, and Rambo.  Truth is that field operations sometime suck.  A lot of hard work, self sacrafice and just plain out right suffering.  The reward comes when you finish a difficult mission and no one is injured or dead.

But the show itself is not too bad.  I don't appreciate the survivor influence in this trash but it is not bad.

Max
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I AGREE WITH YOU AMHSIX, IF IT IS REAL WE GOT PROBS. GOOD IDEA THOUGH IF THEY DO CM2{THEY PROBALY WILL SURVIVOR IS AS BAD AS ROCKY}LETS HIT EM WITH IT.[SEX]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
One thing to remember is the the operators are either out of the service or retired. I don't think most Swat training is as intense or as long. However the Swat guys are still current. This could be why the Swat heavy team did so well week before last.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it's a contest for TV but it's the only AR-15 shooting contest on TV and I like it.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I still can't believe that 3 out of 4 teams attacked truck 23. What were they thinking?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I was watching for the first time last night and saw the episode for assulting the truck and rescuing the pow.  I have to say I don't know whether it is fake or real, but Charlie team got their asses handed to them and the only man who saved their team was ED the D guy, That guy is sharp and had 7 kills or something.  The other member of his team broke from their cover and started chasing the APFOR behind the shack and opened themselves up to the guys comming down the road they got their asses waxed. But ED held his cover and held the team together.  Pretty Cool, we outha put together a team and go play on there.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Hay goatboy can we go be on COmbat missions for AR-15.com???

Benjamin
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree about the attack on the truck, what were these guys thinking???

I think Charlie made a mistake by kicking out Potter, the Retired Navy seal guy.  I think He should have taken over the team instead of Bugarin.  Bugarin has only finished the last two missions because he gets out on support and stuff.  He did get 7 kills this time, but doesn't a leader lead from the front?  He gave the command to execute when he didn't have eyes on the objective and for the wrong truck.
I think potter was on the right track wanting to ambush the truck before it got to the check point.  He's mistake was walking away when they were trying to plan the mission and someone said there are too many cooks for the stew or some dumb shit like that.  Bugarin retired with 30 years of service. Commendable but he was probably not an operator for the last 10 or so years of that plus the years hes been out.  He needs to be replaced.  thats just my opinion on the team with most losses so far...:)

Oh and one more thing,  these guys don't know how to play the miles game that good yet.  some still try to shoot through brush.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I agree about the attack on the truck, what were these guys thinking???
View Quote

Yeah. You'd think between the two squads, someone would bring a pair of binoculars. The numbers on the side of the 23 truck couldn't be that hard to make out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#13]
AHMSix:  I saw that too! - did the AR slamfire?  Lucky someone wasn't standing to his left.  Did you see the Dallas SWAT guy fail to assemble the AK-47?  His comment was that he "had never heard of a KALISHNIKOV AK-47 before" - WHAT A MORON!  Who does he think invented the AK?  And could there be an easier weapon to assemble?  I hope for Dallas' sake that guy is retired.  I like the concept of the show, but the team members certainly don't speak well for our law enforcement and armed forces.  And attacking the wrong truck - puhlease!  They should've gotten wiped out for that mistake.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
That show is embarassing for operators.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#15]
What happened to that SEAL that was all intense?  The one that was supposed to get called into that geriatric Rudys office and dressed down?  I haven't seen any after the first two episodes.

I liked him... he didn't BS and was focused on winning.  He liked to screw with the other guys mentally... from what I gathered he was pretty hard on the SWAT guys cause they were in crappy physical shape.  Good for him.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What happened to that SEAL that was all intense?  The one that was supposed to get called into that geriatric Rudys office and dressed down?  I haven't seen any after the first two episodes.

I liked him... he didn't BS and was focused on winning.  He liked to screw with the other guys mentally... from what I gathered he was pretty hard on the SWAT guys cause they were in crappy physical shape.  Good for him.
View Quote

He is on team Delta. They were the team that got raped on the truck mission (total failure) that the out of shape SWAT guys whupped ass on.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, why are the lowly swat guys in the lead???

M4-AK
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone noticed that most of the replacements are SWAT guys? Again I think is it because the SWAT guys are more current. I don't think the training is at all comparable and this is not a slam to the spec ops, who I have the utmost respect for. There is no excuse for the condition of some of the SWAT types either. The military trains for many more different types of missions. Missions that we won't ever see on T.V. The SWAT teams bread and butter is entry and CQB. The paramaters of the show definitely level the playing field a bit. Realistic? No. Still fun to watch? Yes.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#19]
If you all noticed only one team actually did the hostage recue properly. They olny engaged the truck with the hostage on it number "13" they also took no casualties. I believe that team was mostly SWAT

[beer]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you all noticed only one team actually did the hostage recue properly. They olny engaged the truck with the hostage on it number "13" they also took no casualties. I believe that team was mostly SWAT

[beer]
View Quote

I reran my video copies of that mission for all 4 teams. Very interesting to watch the actual missions over.

The SWAT team was the only team to station two guys a little further up the road. They were the only ones to actually ID the truck number.

Consequently they did it flawlessly. I also noticed, the scrawny SWAT guy, I forget his name must be able to hit a pnat in the ass. He said I'm in the sniper position and started pic king them off from what looked like 300yds in one scene. The truck is so tiny it looks like a match box truck, yet he's making kills offhand from there. Incredible.

On another subject. I've noticed A1's, A2's and even a few A3's with handles out there. One scene shows Ed shooting a left handed AR, lefthanded but you can tell, the video is reversed.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 3:20:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Delta team kicked butt last night. I like that Baz character, nice take-down of BG coming out from doorway inside second or third room. Henderson (loud talkin seal, may have name wrong) did nice job on "sniper" (that's TV for ya, equip a sniper w/ an AK ... duuhhh) who pinned down team exiting stairway.

[b]A team from ar15.com could kick any team on that show's ass.[/b]
Not too sure 'bout that, AMHsix.

[b]I think Charlie made a mistake by kicking out Potter, the Retired Navy seal guy. I think He should have taken over the team instead of Bugarin. [/b]
Agree 100% NoComp, Charlie did the right thing, but I believe it's too late for them, Potter's final words to them will be profetic IMHO.

Did anyone think zip-tying the hostage was odd, by Delta? Know they were just protecting themselves from her, but nothing was mentioned in mission briefing about possiblity of her being hostile.

Interesting show, gets my vote, and I for one hate commercial TV.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#22]

[b]Did anyone think zip-tying the hostage was odd, by Delta? Know they were just protecting themselves from her, but nothing was mentioned in mission briefing about possiblity of her being hostile.

Interesting show, gets my vote, and I for one hate commercial TV.

Mike
View Quote

Yeah, they left her tied up after they finished the mission too. I bet she had a few words for them. Looked very uncomfortable to be pushed around while hands were tied.

I wonder which team next week covered the hostage with a blanket? You can't cover the laser sensors. Now if it was a bullet proof blanket I suppose would be legal.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#23]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top