Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 2:08:40 PM EDT
And, it's pissing me off!  I thought, cool, I can watch the Olympics this weekend.  Yea, right.   Nothing on until mid day.  Then by 2:00MST, basketball!   I think, maybe over at MSNBC, or CNBC; S#$% GOLF!!!  WTF is up with the coverage?   I can't stand the announcers, all they do show is figure skating, when they show anything at all.  Every thing is compressed.  Nothing is live.  And, I'm sure we won't even here about the bi-athlon.  Why even bid for the Olympics if they aren't even going to show anything?
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Why does this suprise you?
TV networks are in existance to neither provide entertainment, nor to push an agenda, but rather to SELL ADVERTISING TIME. Sure, I bet NBC has pushed how great their coverage will be (I do not watch TV anymore.) but it has been less than that, yes?

The old statement that "Television is a medium, that is it is neither rare, nor well done" applies VERY well here..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with you 100%. Their coverage blows big fat donkey d!cks. Especially since they are being held here in the states.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top