Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/17/2001 6:28:44 AM EDT
" the enemy of my friend, he is my enemy.
 the friend of my enemy, he is my enemy.
 but the enemy of my enemy,  he is my friend."

-quote from somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Might as well add this;
THE RIFLEMAN'S CREED

This is My Rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.

My rifle, without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than any enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will....

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace........................

Link Posted: 3/17/2001 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#2]
See below :

COLTSHORTY

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#3]
There`s always free cheese in a mouse trap
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#4]
<(©¿©)>

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."              Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776.
----------------------------------------------------------
"He that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one."
Jesus Christ.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as they are injurious to others." -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia (1781-1785).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." -George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426.

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria.
"...arms...discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. ...Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them." -Thomas Paine.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson, Bill for the More General diffusion of Knowledge (1778).
"To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them..." -George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380.
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-8.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#5]
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined...The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.: -Patrick Henry.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"  -Patrick Henry
"To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." -Richard Henry Lee writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic (1787-1788).
"The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms." -Samuel Adams, debates & Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87.
"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." -James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 (June 8, 1789).
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms." -Richard Henry Lee, Additional Letters from the Federal Farmer (1788) at 169.
"The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age..." -Title 10, Section 311 of the U.S. Code.
(see http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/)
"The people are nor to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them." -Zachariah Johnson, 3 Elliot, Debates at 646.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J. Boyd, Ed., 1950).
"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government..."-Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist (#28).
"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms." -Tench Coxe, Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution, under t
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#6]
when in doubt, empty the magizene.

their are soom good ones on bumper stickers from cheaperthandirt
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#8]
F**K me once, shame on you. F**K me twice, shame on ME!.....[frag]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Treat whores like queens and queens like whores!  [;)]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I try to live by two principles:
1. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
and
2. Live and let live.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#11]
[size=3][blue]Nothing is Impossible......maybe Improbable![/size=3][/blue]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#13]
"Strength and Honor"   from the movie Gladiator
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#14]
"If you don't know what you are doing, don't f**k with it." - me at work WAY too often.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#15]
"There are five things tyrants do not wish you to have; God, guns, gold, groceries, and grandchildren." Me

"The military reflects the society from which it comes." First Sergeant Orian E. Melter, USMC (Retired)

"Marry a giver, not a taker.  You deserve the very best.  Take your time.  Remember, it is about His life, not your life."  Advice on finding the perfect mate given by Eddie Lynn Morgan

"You will never see anyone get more pissed than when you get close to the truth." MM1(SS) Melvin D. Murphy

"Pain is beautiful." Unofficial USMC motto

"There is no change without conflict." unknown

"It may be too late for America but it is not too late for each one of us." Rev. David Hocking

"For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know."  Note pinned to a bulletin board at the command post Khe Sanh, Republic of Vietnam

Link Posted: 3/17/2001 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]
In reponse to bbauman:

This I say to all those who works with or for me.

[size=3][blue]Most of the time, what is important is not knowing what to do but what not to do.[/size=3][/blue]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#18]
"Caution: I drive like you do!"
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Keep the Violent criminals in prison and leave my guns alone.
Guns do not commit crimes by themselves.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#20]
One "Oh Sh*t!"  wipes out a lot of atta boys.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Pays to be a winner
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Better to be on trial by 12 than carried by 6.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#23]
"A Piece Of Ass Aint Worth Dying For"
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#24]
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
--THEODORE ROOSEVELT

--------------------------------------------

"Beer is living proof that God loves us, and wants to see us happy"
--Benjamin Franklin
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#25]
The gift-horse is always hollow.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Never give up, never surrender when poontang is at stake.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#27]
The check is in the mail.

Hardwork sometimes pays off later, but laziness always pays off now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#28]
If you run you'll only die tired    [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#29]
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance....
Baffle 'em with bullsh*t........

Warlock
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Its A T-shirt (front) It Says made in America Buy lazy americans. (Back) Proven In Japan By Lazy Americans. Picture of A Nuclear Bomb Exploding , Thought that was a cool shirt So I bought it .
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#31]
You can't miss fast enough to win.

Argue for your limitations and they are yours.

SRM
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#32]
"Gold as tender is Freedom; money substitutes require and imply servitude and bondage."-mozel

"Citizens are armed; subjects are not."
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#33]
"Superior firepower is an invaluable tool when entering negotiations." - General George S. Patton
[uzi]  [heavy]

It is the Soldier, not the reporter who has given us freedom of press.
It is the Soldier, not the poet who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the Soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and who's coffin is draped by hte flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag. - Father Dennis Edward O'Brian USMC

Semper Fi
[x]

Link Posted: 3/17/2001 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Because after all, who's got time to squeeze oranges?
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#37]
If you ain't havin' FUN, yer WORKIN'!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#38]
A true buddy is someone willing to "jump on the grenade"** for you.

** That's secret Marine code at E-clubs for: "Who's going to keep the fat one busy while I try to get the hot one in the sack."
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Garden Weasel -  I'll have you know that my wife is known as The Garden Weasel or Princess Garden Weasel in 3 countries and has had that name for over 14 years!
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#40]
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/_uimages/tgw.jpg[/img]T.M.

(not to be confused with the garden tool co. owned by anti gun  Bon Ami.)
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Daddy's three rules:

[b]Never play cards with a man whose first name is the same as a city.

Never sleep with a woman with a tattoo of a snake or a dagger anywhere on her body.

Never date a woman you can't drop with a right cross.[/b]

Follow those and everything else is gravy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#42]
"The true test of character comes when the stakes are high, when the chips are down, when your gut starts to turn, when the sweat starts to form on your brow, when you know the decision you are about to make may not be popular, but it MUST be made. That is when your true character is exposed. The associations you keep, the peers you choose, the mentors you seek, the organizations you affiliate with, all help to define your character. But, in the end, you will be judged as an individual, not as part of a group."-- Gen. Charles C. Krulak
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I heard this once:

Women and Men marry for different reasons:

Women marry men hoping they will change.  Men marry women hoping they won't change.

Now, ALL MARRIED members will agree with this (the single ones will learn soon enough):

The AFARR theory of marriage:
ALL Women get mean after they get married.

The AFARR corollary to the AFARR theory of marriage:
Men get dumb after they get married.

The two experimental hypotheses for the AFARR theory and corollary:
1.  Women get mean because their husbands get dumb.
2.  Men get dumb because their wives get mean.

A real life situation:

(Very nasty): "And just who left the toilet seat up and the jockey shorts on the floor in the bathroom??!!??"

(reply) "I dunno who did it".

Link Posted: 3/17/2001 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#44]
1. Treat others like you like to be treated.

2. I am always nice the first time. The second time is up to you. (then I do what I gotta do)

#2 was developed after years of police work.

[blue]Blue207[/blue]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#45]
1. It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

2. Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

C. Don't pick up a girl you can not lift.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#46]
 If ya aint livin life on the edge you're takin up too much space

If you cant piss with the big dogs, stay on the porch

why do today what you can put off till tomorrow

And my favorite to my kids when they ask why
    ---- Because I'm the daddy----
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#47]
When that line in the sand is drawn and then moved...well I suppose I'm moving with it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Not necessarily words to live by but an interesting point to ponder-I heard this at a training seminar for my job. Makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

"You know what you know.
You know what you don't know.
You don't know what you don't know."
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Respect all, but fear none.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top