Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2002 11:32:41 AM EDT
If I get one of these things, will I look just like that guy on commercial when the 6 weeks are up?

Link Posted: 2/10/2002 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#1]
yup
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You will if you take a steady diet of Vitamin S......
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I get one of these things, will I look just like that guy on commercial when the 6 weeks are up?

View Quote

If you want to look like that in 6 weeks
you will also have to buy an Ab Roller and  some Grapefruit 45 pills.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are your before and after photos.

BEFORE
[img]www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/page14-01.jpg[/img]

AFTER
[img]www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/page22-05.jpg[/img]

I didn't feel like looking through the 200 pages for something better. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one. It helps somewhat, at least; I'm happy with it. I think diet is just as important, though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I understand Britney Spears does 500 situps every morning.  Why don't you try that, Imbroglio, maybe you'll end up lookin' real cute. [:X] [:O]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#10]

[img]www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/page22-05.jpg[/img]

Is that TheRedGoat's party barn?
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't buy that POS Bowflex thing.  It is made of cheap materials and is too one-dimensional.  Buy a Nautilus Home Gym.  It uses real bars, real weights, and it costs less.  It looks better too.

Now, if you want to look like the guys on the TV, you have to live off of a diet of celery and water...not worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You seen the prices on used Bowflex machines?
View Quote

How much?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:51:52 AM EDT
[#14]
You'd have a better chance of looking like the girl in the commercials than the guy after 6 weeks of using the bowflex.  Free weights are cheaper and will help build 'real' strength, don't expect to look like Adonis but you will see results after only a few weeks, your 'beginner gains' will be impressive and a good incentive to keep going. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll buy one it they would agree to stop running that same damned commercial, I"m sick of seeing it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:36:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I have owned one for several years and still use it with great regularity.  Easy to change the weight(force?)and folds out of the way.  It is not the same as the gym but damned sure worth it when time is a factor.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:12:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Hehehe. A friend of mine purchased one a while ago. Actually made a big deal of it, that he saved so much money over a gym like the rest of us. Of course, this very morning he tells me he's saving up to buy a complete set of free weights.

Simply put, the Bowflex and other machines like it are a compromise. They just don't give you the level of workout that a professional machine or freeweight set would, but at the same time it's less taxing on the bank account, and allows for home exercise.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#18]
You'd be better served to get a basic bench and a good set of dumbells for home work-outs.  You can do dumbell bench, military, etc. w/o a spotter...although having one is always a good idea.  Barbells pretty much require another person to spot you if you are going to use enough weight to work to failure.  Bowflex,Soloflex, and similar machines really don't work well for anything but high rep/low weight type workouts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:31:42 AM EDT
[#19]
As someone stated above, you can get more out of an inexpensive set of free weights and bench and some jogging/cardio than any of those contraptions. Keep in mind that diet is just as important. Celery and water diets are for heroine chic supermodels. If you want to look like that guy in that commercial you'll actually have to eat more lean protein (such as chicken,beef and fish)and more frequently like 5 or 6 times a day. Eating right and excersizing does not have to be expensive but it does take some preparation and a lots of determination.
My advise would be to buy the above mentioned equipment and consult a dietician and a personal trainer and start your own program. Then take the other half of your money and buy another AR!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top