Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 9:24:05 PM EDT
I've been surfing arfcom for the last few hours w/ the tv on. They are talking more about the cowboys than the game took. I finally looked up and all I see is diamond earrings.

What's up w/that? Simply overpaid? Culture thing?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Badass?,  They aren't my heroes.

4 carat earing, a sure sign you made it out of the ghetto.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You can take the hoodrat out of the ghetto, but you cant take the ghetto out of the....well you know.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, they're held in higher esteem than our men and women of the Armed Forces, they can do whatever they want.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
This is America, A person can wear what ever the fuck they want. What are we ten years old, making fun of people for shit like that. Sounds like someone is Jealous
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
its a wealthy persons version of the "let me slap $1500 dollar rims on my $500 car so I can prove to society that I have overcome opression and AM actually worth something as a person" mentality.

Hood rats do it with rims, expensive sneakers, and clothing. "Profeshunal" athletes do it with diamonds, cars, and homes

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Wanna be homos......earrings are for da wimmenz God said
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is America, A person can wear what ever the fuck they want. What are we ten years old, making fun of people for shit like that. Sounds like someone is Jealous

Comprehension problems or you wear a pair and get hassled about it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

its a wealthy persons version of the "let me slap $1500 dollar rims on my $500 car so I can prove to society that I have overcome opression and AM actually worth something as a person" mentality.

Hood rats do it with rims, expensive sneakers, and clothing. "Profeshunal" athletes do it with diamonds, cars, and homes

And Arfcommers do it with KAC Triple Tap breaks, Magpul UBR stocks, and S&B Short Dots.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And Arfcommers do it with KAC Triple Tap breaks, Magpul UBR stocks, and S&B Short Dots.

Oh, no you ditten'.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey, they're held in higher esteem than our men and women of the Armed Forces, they can do whatever they want.

sad aint it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Be a cameraman in the locker after a game.
bling, cologne and cock fest
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Its just the thing right now, like having a gold grill.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 1:24:10 AM EDT
[#13]
My sister in law has a 5.5 carat round diamond ring.  That fucking thing is HUGE, and is worth more that what I paid for my first house in 1993.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 1:27:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I gots to have some bling, ya feel me?

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 1:42:18 AM EDT
[#15]
tacky,
especially when you see highschoolers with the Fake bling
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:08:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, better on the ears than in the teeth.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:36:49 AM EDT
[#17]
As far as I can re-call ball players have been sporting diamonds in there ears since 87?? They have gotten bigger over the years but I can't remember a time really when certain groups of folks didn't wear the biggest cheesiest diamond stud they could afford. Even the high-schoolers with their cubic zirconias back in my day.
For the record I had an experimental phase and wore a hanging cross in my left ear around the age of 14-16 (88-90)
. That's my confession of the week, glad to get it off my chest
. Damn hole is still there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:48:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If I make fun of people wearing their pants down past their butt, is that also due to jealousy?

Ghetto is ghetto, regardless of price point.

Class has nothing to do with wealth or income.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 3:00:59 AM EDT
[#19]
If I am wearing any sort of earing it is because I have reached the top and have become truly excessive. After a wife, kids, multiple homes and cars, and an NFA collection, hookers for every day of the week, tons of blow, and nachos. If I still have money after that I would buy some gawdy earings. Those close to me would see it as a warning sign, that i was either going to die of some kind of designer drug overdose or in a shoot out with the IRS at a marina while trying to sail to the Caymans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top