Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 6:43:41 PM EDT
Had a dinner get-together with a few friends and their dates this evening.  Everything was good, company was great, food was better, but then the conversation turned to politics.  One friend's "date" got very vocal on the Obama economic situation.  

She got very loud, and told everyone at the table that "he inherited the debt and all the economic woes from both Bushes"

Me:  

She then proceeded to tell me that President Clinton ELIMINATED THE FEDERAL DEFICIT.  Literally, I had to ask her to clarify that statement, and she still contested that there was NO Federal Deficit when Clinton left office.

She got mad as hell when we told her she was mistaken, and literally threw her napkin on her half eaten chicken, and stormed out of the restaurant.  

As she was leaving, she stated, "this is what is wrong with the United States today, YOU PEOPLE are what is ruining this presidency!"

Needless to say, her date let her leave and walk out of the restaurant.  He did not follow, nor attempt to dissuade  her to stay.

Seriously, what the fuck???
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Emotions run high in liberals
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
She was retired AF as well...  
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Emotions run high in liberals and conservatives

I see stuff here everyday that leads me to believe that people on both extremes of the political spectrum act pretty much the same way when confronted by someone with a different view.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
typical lib response.

Yell alot, act like an ass when confronted with facts or reason, have a hissy fit...............blah, blah, blah.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]

unless she called you a racist.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Emotions run high in liberals and conservatives

I see stuff here everyday that leads me to believe that people on both extremes of the political spectrum act pretty much the same way when confronted by someone with a different view.

Yeah, liberals get pissed off when confronted by facts.....we get pissed off cus the liberals are too stupid to understand and/or just ignore the facts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No racist claims...  sorry
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Your friend owes you big.... saved him some headache you did.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Emotions Mental retardation runs high in liberals

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

sums it up rather well

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Emotions run high in liberals

It's all they have.  They have no brains.  He should've asked her how zero voted for the bailout.

HH
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I've heard enough of the "he inherited this debt" bullshit. He decided to run, campaign, and accept this "inherited" debt. No one forced him into any of those decisions, and the deficit was not a secret. On top of that, he increased the debt to such a degree within his first months of taking office as to render the "inherited" debt insignificant by comparison.

Personal responsibility and facts, two things Obama and his supporters will never understand.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#15]
He needs to send her a bill for the chicken.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No racist claims...  sorry

dang, that always seems to be about the 3rd thing said to me while debating a liberal.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Your friend owes you big.... saved him some headache you did.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top