Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 5:02:49 PM EDT
This web page has it for download. It's contained in the below file in the "gbdf" folder

Look for the below link once you get to the web page

"HP USB Flash Drive Format Tool (Archive password is "pasta")"

NOTE: I HAD TO USE THE PASSWORD "pasta" TO UNZIP THE FILE

Also, this is the only utility I have found that will work to make my USB memory stick DOS bootable. I tried about 8 utilities today.

It's really easy and only takes about 30 seconds.

1. Download the above USB_Boot.zip file and unzip it.

2. Then run the SP27213.exe file (this will install the HP USB utility on your PC)

3. Plug in your USB stick (warning: running the program in number 4 will delete everything on your USB stick)

4. Go to the program menu (start / programs) and look for "Hewlett Packard Company" and then click the USB program.

5. The program will open and should show your USB stick under "device" at the top. Check the 2 boxes that say "Create a DOS startup disk"
and "using DOS system files located at" and browse to the "DOS System Files" folder in the USB_Boot.zip file that you unzipped.

6. Click "start" and it will create your bootable memory stick

Then go to the "gbdf / GHOST" folder that was in the USB_Boot.zip file and copy the "ghost.exe" file to the memory stick.

To use Ghost, just boot your system with the memory stick (may require setting your BIOS setting to "boot first from USB" - or try the boot menu, mine is F10), and when it gets to the DOS prompt (mine say "C:")  for the memory stick, just type "ghost" and hit enter. Then the Ghost menu will appear.

If you don't have a spare memory stick, you can put the ghost.exe file on a bootable floppy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]

For Vista32, run this script. This will allow you to Ghost your image and not have to do a "repair" on bootup. I don't know if it will work for Vista 64-bit.

Copy this into a text file and then rename the text file with a .bat extension. Then just double click the .bat file to run the script.

BCDEDIT /SET {BOOTMGR} DEVICE BOOT
BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} DEVICE BOOT
BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} OSDEVICE BOOT

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#3]
tag for work
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top